Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] So i just saw titanic for the first time in my life....

... And its quite amazing. No wonder why so many people loved it. I didnt cry, but i certainly got caught in the story.
    The best love story i've ever seen or heard of. I find this movie along a few other movies a must see movie before you die.

My god...

A straight 10/10. I dont know what other words i could use to discribe it but great and amazing.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

stupid, they both could have survived on that floating piece of the ship

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    stupid, they both could have survived on that floating piece of the ship
    Yea... no...

Watch it again and you'll see they both try to get on, but they cant. The door wouldn't be able to keep both floating and out of enough water to stay alive long enough.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

that movie was incredibly boring and way too long

Go watch Casablanca .....

How can you dislike it XD?! I guess this movie genre isn't your cup of tea if you find it boring. Too long you say? i say it had a perfect lenght.

People who hate on this movie tend to be of younger age, or simply brainwashed by modern movies. Everything today is high pace and in your face. But yeah, Titanic was amazing back when I saw it when it just came out, and watched it again yesterday, so good....

I think it's a good movie. Wouldn't give it a 10/10 though.

I would dock a few points because some of the dialogue is extremely cheesy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Canisis View Post
    that movie was incredibly boring and way too long
    Eh opinion is opinion but you clearly do not know what makes a movie good, its all about the story. I agree, back in the day when it first came out I loved it and I have ever since.

I have never seen Titanic, nor do I have any desire. It looks OK, I'll admit that, but I just don't want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    People who hate on this movie tend to be of younger age, or simply brainwashed by modern movies. Everything today is high pace and in your face. But yeah, Titanic was amazing back when I saw it when it just came out, and watched it again yesterday, so good....
    I feel like a proud 15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    I think it's a good movie. Wouldn't give it a 10/10 though.

I would dock a few points because some of the dialogue is extremely cheesy lol.
    Exactly which dialouges did you find cheesy? i found it all soo good

It is a good movie, but it is nowhere near the best love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus View Post
    I have never seen Titanic, nor do I have any desire. It looks OK, I'll admit that, but I just don't want to see it.
    Honestly, take your time and do it.
    I felt the exact same way, but i only saw it cus 2 out of the 6 tv channels i've got had something interesting.

Tv 2 (the channel it was sent on) showed the movie in honor of the 100 Year anniversary of titanics sinking. So i thought i might aswel see it (and it was god damn worth it!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanic was terrible the first time it came out...now it's in 3d? I guess watching him freeze to death in the end in 3d would be worth the money. That was the best part of that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

i think it's funny that the length of the movie was longer than what it actually took for the titanic to sink in general.

Its an amazing movie and certainly one of my favorites. Ive seen it a ton of times. It goes to show that you dont need gunfights and explosions to make a great movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering how you went this long without seeing it. :P

I watched it a few years ago and romantic films really aren't my thing but I did find the movie to be quite good, I would give it like 8/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Yeah James Cameron ... with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett + a 200 000$ budget ... i mean yeah it not a bad movie but it's just the equivalent of transformers but with a love story and a boat. If you're thinking "modern movies" are brainwashing the "younger people" Titanic does the EXACT same thing but from another angle.

Anyways, not a bad movie but not realy worthy of a 10/10 and far from being THE movie of the century imo.

Really amazing film. One of the best ever made because its target group is pretty much anyone. Plus it seems timeless. Today my girlfriend watched it, and I watched bits of it. Feels just as amazing every time.

I can't stand watching it, because I know how it's going to end, I get so sad. Feel the same way when I watch King Kong or I Am Legend. amaga Jack

It's funny how more people have seen it in China in theaters now then when it first came out, because China has evolved so much since then.