Thread: Egypt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    is it me or is there nothing about this on aljazeera ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    what dose tourism have to do with secular society?
    Well, with the current global climate and additude towards Islam, it may discourage tourists from the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    what dose tourism have to do with secular society?
    Think its clear if you read the previous posts. If the legislation takes steps backwards from the secular society that Egypt had in the past and move to more (from a western point of view) radical laws, then the tourism might suffer and it is all that Egypt got.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I am for the Muslim Brotherhood to win a fair election as long as they keep their promises about a secular constitution.
    They have no oil, no industry worht the name, tourism is all they got basically. They would shoot themselves in the foot really bad if they managed to make Egypt less attractive to non-muslim tourists.
    The problem is radicals might not care what happens to the rest of the population. There's still plenty of money to go around for the select few in power even if the rest of the country is in the toilet.

Deleted
    I seriously hope the Muslim Brotherhood does NOT win.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The problem is radicals might not care what happens to the rest of the population. There's still plenty of money to go around for the select few in power even if the rest of the country is in the toilet.
    do you think seculars will care? Since when politicians cared public welfare?

I personally would truly enjoy seeing a Muslim run Egypt continue an alliance with their neighbors Israel.

In the end their personal religious viewpoints mean little, they are free to worship whoever or whatever they decide. As long as their constitution isn't changed to go along with a religious doctrine on any grounds, it remains "secular" in nature, it would personally be a great public relations boost for both Egypt, and Israel, to be able to say "We have a lasting treaty, and our religious views between the two leaders and nations are night and day."

Personally, I'm more wary over the thought of the military trying to keep power. They've made assurances they'd do no such thing, but it's a tricky situation whenever a military police force is supposed to hand over the keys to the city, especially to a civilian.

lol, its their gas and they can do whatever they want with it.
    Welcome to world economics. If you sell a country resources, and said resources are paid for, and also delivered through means paid for by the buyer, you must deliver. If you do not deliver, you're held liable for legal reasons.

Now, if the issue were that simple, as in Egypt simply shutting the gas pipe off, and stating "We aren't selling you gas anymore, find another business partner", I believe it would be acceptable and an agreement could be reached.

But, what happens now, is you have "unofficial" people (You can read this as "extremists with a very specific agenda") simply SABOTAGING the gas pipes.
    Which, since the gas running through them, already belongs to the buyer, could be seen as an asset in need of defense, and could therefore, if the Egyptian government/army doesn't act to defend it from these "activists", lead to a simple "asset protection" incursion. Also, remember these gas pipes provide jobs for the Egyptians too, and shutting it down simply because of activists would lead to people losing their jobs, which is quite sad and hypocritical.

15+ Year Old Account
    The radicals would not stay in power for 6 months if they went a more hardline way than what the population support.
    They just had their part in the Arab Spring, do you think anyone would be so stupid to go against the people after the people just proved they can topple a 30y era in a matter of weeks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Aljazeera is banned from Egypt since long time because it is the only channel that was saying the truth of what happens here (notice "is" on purpose)
    Update: Fire again in Suez, and many small fires around Egypt last 2 days, a small explosion according to police at an area called Haram, but locals swear by god that there is nothing there since a while (explosions at least, it is impossible to hid explosions)

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Well, with the current global climate and additude towards Islam, it may discourage tourists from the West.
    With no security here I'd say tourists won't come for a much better reason, they may not go back home
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    One thing is for sure, they gotta stop messing with the gas pipes to Israel, before they piss off the IDF.
    The exact details you don't know
    1- Egypt sell gas for Hussein Salem, the most corrupted businessman in Egypt, where everyone hate him, for 1.25$
    2- Hussein Salem, who is now a fugitive where we need to capture him for stealing Egypt resources over 30years, sell it to Israel for 2.5$
    3- Hussein Salem, dropped his Egyptian nationality and now has Spanish and Israeli nationalities, no more Egyptian (for better)
    4- Egypt can easily and with law help stop selling gas to Hussein Salem, after all he owns us loads of money and must repay his debts first from stealing us 30years
    5- If Israel is angry about gas, I invite them to eat Hussein Salem alive, if they don't, I probably will when I can

So currently exporting gas is actually against laws, but since Hussein Salem is the black box of the tyrant Mubarak, and since our current tyrant military council (of pigs) are friends with them, I don't see that stop soon

And finally Egypt is really low on resources, only Suez Canal is the interesting point here and it isn't worth a penny in times of war, who will send a ship to be blown up caught in conflicts?

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 11:28 AM ----------

Forgot to say 2 things
    1-Back when the gas deal was done, the world price for selling gas was 10$
    2-Lot of invites for next Friday 20April to be the last one, either us or tyrant military council of pigs
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

well if u can read this "http://www.aljazeera.net/pointofview/pages/233226cd-001c-444f-86bd-4e51a0f63419?GoogleStatID=1"

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Renuald View Post
    I seriously hope the Muslim Brotherhood does NOT win.
    you seriously hope the Egyptian people wont vote for whom they like.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 08:20 PM ----------

btw, if none of the candidates get kicked, someone who isnt from the brotherhood will win.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 08:41 PM ----------

radicals like who? gimmi a name.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Wouldn't want to get my information from that crap anyways.
    you seriously hope the Egyptian people wont vote for whom they like.
    Well the possible support of sharia law in whatever form simply doesn't sit very well with a lot of people in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post

Well the possible support of sharia law in whatever form simply doesn't sit very well with a lot of people in the west.
    well people usually fear anything that they dont know anything about.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    well people usually fear anything that they dont know anything about.
    Then enlighten us what sharia laws really mean.

All I heard were the following:
    - suppress women in many ways, best known in the west in the form of a burqa
    - punish people who don't follow the Islam

If these are wrong please correct me.
    But if they are true, how can you expect western people to come to your land? Especially women who want to bath bikini clad in the Red Sea? If you make exceptions for them your system is hypocrisy at its best.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Wouldn't want to get my information from that crap anyways.

Al Jazeera's generally considered extremely reputable and balanced.
    And I can't imagine any democratically elected officials being worse than the previous totalitarian dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    And I can't imagine any democratically elected officials being worse than the previous totalitarian dictator.
    That depends on the people doing the electing.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Then enlighten us what sharia laws really mean.

All I heard were the following:
    - suppress women in many ways, best known in the west in the form of a burqa
    - punish people who don't follow the Islam

If these are wrong please correct me.
    But if they are true, how can you expect western people to come to your land? Especially women who want to bath bikini clad in the Red Sea? If you make exceptions for them your system is hypocrisy at its best.
    i think u mean the hejab not the burqa, and yes our religion ask women to wear it, but forcing women to wear it? thats something i dont have enough knowledge to talk about .
    and about the bikini, woman shouldn't be allowed to wear them in public places nor men should be allowed to wear banana hammock in public.

punish people who dont follow islam? do you mean those who dont want to be muslims, or those who are muslims but break some of the rules.

and talking about hypocrisy, tell my why a secularism country that belive in liberté dont allow women to wear burqa.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    That depends on the people doing the electing.
    the strongest candidate was kicked out of the race because they say his mother had an american passport even tho the court said there is evidence to support that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    From a western perspective of course a dictator can be much better or for certain minorities in the region. And well to each their own opinion on Al Jazeera.

10+ Year Old Account
    and talking about hypocrisy, tell my why a secularism country that belive in liberté dont allow women to wear burqa.
    I think it's because nearly nobody thinks that all those women wearing them do it because they want. It's generally believed that it is mainly used to suppress the freedom of women to wear what they want. And that is quite against "everyone has equal rights".
    Of course there may be women who really like them but they are considered to be a minority.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe the argument is that it is impossible to identify a woman wearing one, in case she commits a crime.

the strongest candidate was kicked out of the race because they say his mother had an american passport even tho the court said there is evidence to support that claim.
    Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. I was just making the point that a relatively peaceful dictator would be preferential to an official elected by people that want war. Not saying that is the case in Egypt, just saying that there are instances where a democratically elected leader isn't the best thing, especially on the world stage.