Can this computer run Diablo 3?

HP Pavilian g6 1b60us
    AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics(1.9ghz)
    AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G
    4gb of ram

This computer can run SC2 and WoW smoothly on high-ultra settings with 1366x768 (which is max resolution on this computer). I am fully aware that this is not a gaming computer but i want to know if i will be able to at least run the game on low-medium settings with at least 20fps on this resolution.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can run SC II and WoW, Of course you can run D3. It's not very demanding in terms of well ''High demand'' You may get a few ''spikes'' there and there from co-op groups but not enough to make you pull your hair out.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of your monitor res and the fact you said you can play StarcraftII at ultra setting's then I think you should be able to run D3 just fine on your PC.

If you can run SC II and WoW, Of course you can run D3. It's not very demanding in terms of well ''High demand'' You may get a few ''spikes'' there and there from co-op groups but not enough to make you pull your hair out.
    This is not true at all. There are a lot of people who can run WoW and SC2 just fine but can't run D3, mostly because their video cards are unsupported. There are a lot of people upset on the beta forums over this issue, but it's just how it is.

List of all unsupported cards

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427535209

The unsupported list will also apply to retail, not just beta.
    Last edited by Smrg2486; 2012-04-17 at 05:39 PM.

I can not find this graphics card on the unsupported list. I found some people on the forums saying that this computer will run it but is going to stutter a lot even on low settings with low resolution. Diablo 3 didn't look that demanding at all when i first saw gameplay videos on youtube. It wasn't until i saw the system requirements that i started to have doubts. Are the system requirement listed for the game is just intended for the beta or is it likely to change on release?

The system requirements will be for live as well, not just beta. If you need to look over them again, they can be found here.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...m-requirements

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed on release night, when they try to sign in and it says their video card is unsupported. Luckily for me, I was able to test it in advance with beta, and got a new computer.

I would suggest also going to www.systemrequirementslab.com and testing Diablo 3.
    Last edited by Smrg2486; 2012-04-17 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure any computer who have enough of space for the game, and enough of hardware to run it's actual OS would be able to run any game.. It's just the matter of FPS hit you'd be getting.

I'm pretty sure any computer who have enough of space for the game, and enough of hardware to run it's actual OS would be able to run any game.. It's just the matter of FPS hit you'd be getting.
    You'd be wrong.

The unsupported video card list is pretty extensive and you will get nothing but a black screen upon loading D3. You will not be able to play at all.

There is a work around for a very small portion of the cards, but you'll lag to death. The majority, you will see nothing but black, there is no work around.
    Last edited by Smrg2486; 2012-04-17 at 06:03 PM.

Well this is very disappointing. I practically already bought diablo3 since i purchased the WoW annual pass. I guess all what i'm really getting out of the $150 that i wasted is a year of WoW and a shitty mount. Even that is not even a sure thing. Who knows, they might also increase the system requirements for the next WoW expansion too. I should have probably thought about this before i bought anything lol. It was hard for me to believe that a game like diablo or wow would ever be demanding and exclusive for people with up to date computers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sherifsaid123 View Post
    Well this is very disappointing. I practically already bought diablo3 since i purchased the WoW annual pass. I guess all what i'm really getting out of the $150 that i wasted is a year of WoW and a shitty mount. Even that is not even a sure thing. Who knows, they might also increase the system requirements for the next WoW expansion too. I should have probably thought about this before i bought anything lol. It was hard for me to believe that a game like diablo or wow would ever be demanding and exclusive for people with up to date computers.
    To be fair you don't need that demanding a system. My husbands PC is 7 years old and runs it okay, although no where near as smooth as mine and we will be getting him an upgrade shortly as it's starting to be on the very low-end side for new games.

Did you run www.systemrequirementslab.com? If it's just your video card that failed, and you have a desktop, I'm pretty sure you can head over to the computer forums, and those guys could find you an upgrade relatively cheap.

Also, I can almost guarantee, MoP will have updated system requirements too. It won't be anywhere near as harsh on video cards though, like Diablo 3.

Well, during the open beta i was able to run the game on high settings at first with no problems until i started to get a lot of lag during large fights. Even when i turned down the graphics and to the lowest possible resolution, i still wasn't able to bypass the terrible fps drops when bricks start falling on mobs for example. I doubt this lag has anything to do with beta issues. My cpu was fully maxed out at 100% even when i turned off all other programs along with using gamebooster. This game is completely unplayable on this "computer". I would be more than happy to buy a new computer but that would require me to have a source of income first lol. I won't be able to play this game any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sherifsaid123 View Post
    Well, during the open beta i was able to run the game on high settings at first with no problems until i started to get a lot of lag during large fights. Even when i turned down the graphics and to the lowest possible resolution, i still wasn't able to bypass the terrible fps drops when bricks start falling on mobs for example. I doubt this lag has anything to do with beta issues. My cpu was fully maxed out at 100% even when i turned off all other programs along with using gamebooster. This game is completely unplayable on this "computer". I would be more than happy to buy a new computer but that would require me to have a source of income first lol. I won't be able to play this game any time soon.
    Beta was a stress test so it's entirely probable they were using the least amount of servers they could in order to get by.

I can run Battlefield 3 on high/ultra with 60+FPS but received random lag near the middle portion of the beta test, it was in no way, shape or form to do with my graphics card or computer setup so again, i would just assume that was caused by the stress test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.