Spine of Deathwing 25man Heroic Last tendon bloods

Hello guys, my guild has been progressing on spine 25man heroic for quite a while now and since last raid night we've finally made it to the last tendon (on nearly every attempt, yay), but it seems the bloods overrun us every single time, Ive heard of tactics like aoeing the bloods during the roll phases & during ph3, is this recommended or just bullshit? Please give me a reply (preferably from people that have killed spine heroic on 25man & are farming him by now.

Maybe you can AOE them now with the buffs...not sure.

What we did though was have an extra tank that dps'd until 3rd plate, at which point he stood by the healers and grabbed all the bloods that went after them (almost all new ones will due to healer aggro). Then we have the kiting tank just focus on kiting the ones he has + picking up/taunting ones he can when he runs by the other tank. The kill was very smooth, not hectic at all. Feels dumb using that many tanks but whatever, you can easily afford to drop a dps.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Dunno about 25 man, but on 10 man we AoE bloods right before rolls. Bring down as many as you can, mop them up with amalgs, flip amalgs off, profit.

Wish you could bring 3 tanks on 10 man -.-

I highly recommend that you do NOT aoe the bloods on 25 man heroic. The bursts still hit for 10-20k per pop, and if people are low due to the healing debuff, that's just instadeath.

clavarnway does the same strat my guild is using. 3 tanks, once the 3rd plate pops up, one tank sits on the healers and picks them up, and the kite tank drops some aoe threat to pull them off of the other tank as he goes by.

Tank that sits on the healers gets the bloods in a nice pack for the amalg tank to pick up once the amalg gets low, keeps the fight nice and smooth.

We just 2 tanked it and had our warlocks/pallies stun every time it seemed like the bloods were gonna catch our kiting tank. Of course we had 2 Neltharion debuffs on each tank, but it was a pretty smooth kill.

Do not aoe, just have your pallies stun and your priests grip the tank when he asks. A bear tank or a prot warrior are really good for that. They have good mobility. Aoe did not work for us when we were progressing. So just kite and pray that that bloods don't catch your kiting tank. It is really intense on the last plate I have to admit, only because of the bloods and of how quick the amalgamation has to go down. But preferably, you don't want to kill more than 9 bloods.

Pro tip: if the bloods are eating your healers, have your rogues and hunters constantly tricksing/misdirecting them to your tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanudis View Post
    Dunno about 25 man, but on 10 man we AoE bloods right before rolls. Bring down as many as you can, mop them up with amalgs, flip amalgs off, profit.

Wish you could bring 3 tanks on 10 man -.-
    This is NOT recommended for 25-man.

That being said, you don't bring a 3rd "true tank". Have a kitty go bear for the last tendon. You don't even have to do that, just have one of your plate DPS help your blood tank taunt the problematic bloods over. What someone else said about having pallies/warlocks stun without hitting stun DR also works.

I wouldn't aoe the bloods like Shanudis recommends, that's still a ton of damage, and 25 generates a lot of blood. On our 1st kill we had something like 80 bloods everywhere you couldn't see the ground =P

You can still 2 tank, just have a plate dps or kitty go bear and help tank the excess. We have the 3rd "tank" stand on the healers to taunt the ones that agro on us. We use a combination of priest grip and timely body and souls so the main blood tank doesn't get owned.

After several kills your raid should get used to the fight enough that you won't even need the 3rd "tank".

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you just 2-tank it and get some extra healing CDs on your tank for the end. Chain AoE stuns from all of your paladins (holy can do it too!) and keep survival CDs gunning throughout the time and you don't have to give up a precious DPS spot for the last tendon or worry about your healers dying to bloods meleeing them for 30k.

I can't safely recommend* standing there getting wailed on by bloods as it really really does hurt, but if you choose to tank them, and this applies to the second plate before anyone I know does kiting, make sure to have someone get the % physical damage and % attack speed debuffs out as a regular AoE. We had our arms warriors applying thunderclap while I kept the 10% damage debuff up between swipes.

You can pick up a few* extra blood pools that are already lying around from DPS being over-zealous on the bloods before a roll, but if an amalg hits 9 you're pretty royally screwed, and killing blood just so you don't need to deal with them later is more likely to get someone killed.

I'm on blood control full time when we do Spine. Keep a watch on the raid frames, stop when needed but most of the time I'm killing bloods nonstop to keep their numbers down-ish. Once we're in p3 i stop obviously, too many to keep down and just single target bloods for enough residue. We also AoE bloods on both rolls with loads of raid CDs up. Going onto plate 2 with 1-3 bloods up that way. onto plate 3 with anywhere between 10 to 23 bloods up. We run 3 tanks.
    Rolls happen very quickly once the 2 front corruptions are dead. Tanks wait outside with their amalgs and come in once the counter hits 2-3.
    On plate 1 we skip a grip on the second half, saving time. Means we don't have VP trinkets up for all of the second half but it always dies anyway.

Our mage frapsed it the first time. TS chatter included. Just in case it's helpful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeyP8...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2012-04-17 at 12:16 PM.