Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb 1.2. Good idea pulling Rated WZ? Just a thought.

So with Bio pulling rated WZs i have a feeling they might not of been ready for launch yet. This may show some serious maturity in the company and a step in the right direction even though it may of made people upset; what do you all think. Would you rather have a broken, unbalanced rated WZ bracket? Or let them work the kinks out and come out with a much better more fluid way of doing it.

I havent heard or read anything that Bio has said it wasnt ready or anything of that manner so if anyone knows of anything feel free to post!

Thanks!

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    They said it wasn't ready to be released, so I'm glad they didn't push it out anyways. There would've been more whining if there were faults in it, so I guess they just chose the lesser of two evils.

I'm glad they didnt roll them out all screwy. No matter how much bitching we've heard about them not implementing it, it would have been 1000000x worse putting out a sub-par product that could fuel the QQers

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the the nerfs to most classes and such little amount of testing on the PTR, BW thought that it would be best to have a sort of pre-season test to see how rateds would work. And it is needed, believe me. They've changed 2 out of the 3 healers play styles more than they thought. And have done nothing to tone down the amount of damage in PvP for most classes like they did with healing. Several people are up in arms about it.

I think BW realizes that most Sorc/Sage or BH/Troop healers are in the middle of rerolls.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    With all the the nerfs to most classes and such little amount of testing on the PTR, BW thought that it would be best to have a sort of pre-season test to see how rateds would work. And it is needed, believe me. They've changed 2 out of the 3 healers play styles more than they thought. And have done nothing to tone down the amount of damage in PvP for most classes like they did with healing. Several people are up in arms about it.

I think BW realizes that most Sorc/Sage or BH/Troop healers are in the middle of rerolls.
    Naw, I don't think BW is very good with population trends considering Scoundrels and Operatives got nerfed even when they were the least played class and weak enough as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post

Nothing would ever be released if you put things off for class changes. They dont nerf things to make them under powered they nerf or change things to even things out. Ranked warzones had several issues and werent set up correctly to go live. The simiple fact that you could queue up and play with somebody 1000 rankings higher then you is silly and really all they were creating was another type of warzones everybody would have played because of the increased rewards. Mix in the fact that it takes 30 minutes or much much longer to get a warzone queue on most realms 1/2 the ppl playing would have never been able to play them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Naw, I don't think BW is very good with population trends considering Scoundrels and Operatives got nerfed even when they were the least played class and weak enough as it was.
    Weak? There was an operative in my guild who used surge adrenals and surge enhancements... and could do a 9.8k opener in champion gear back in December. He would have us stunlocked and his stupid ability spam would crit for 4.4k. I would literally be killed before the stun was even over. They needed a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Weak? There was an operative in my guild who used surge adrenals and surge enhancements... and could do a 9.8k opener in champion gear back in December. He would have us stunlocked and his stupid ability spam would crit for 4.4k. I would literally be killed before the stun was even over. They needed a nerf.
    Lol. That's all I have to say. Say that now on the official forums and every Operative/Scoundrel will laugh.

Edit: I'm assuming that's before the extreme nerfs hit? Yes, back then they were OP back when their HS/BB and AB/FR weren't nerfed and you could stack adrenals with relics with a 3 second faceplant. But I'm talking about now. Your information is 4 months out of date. They've been nerfed pretty much every patch.
    Last edited by Gerion; 2012-04-16 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. That's all I have to say. Say that now on the official forums and every Operative/Scoundrel will laugh.

Edit: I'm assuming that's before the extreme nerfs hit? Yes, back then they were OP back when their HS/BB and AB/FR weren't nerfed and you could stack adrenals with relics with a 3 second faceplant. But I'm talking about now. Your information is 4 months out of date. They've been nerfed pretty much every patch.
    Yes, BEFORE the nerfs. That is why a nerf was needed. End of discussion.

Yes, BEFORE the nerfs. That is why a nerf was needed. End of discussion.
    Their initial nerf was warranted. Every other nerf was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their initial nerf was warranted. Every other nerf was not.
    I agree with every nerf that went out.

I agree with every nerf that went out.
    Of course you do. You don't play a Scoundrel or an Operative.

It's never a good idea to pull a feature. If Rated warzones really were too buggy to release for 1.2, then Bioware should've prioritized them in the first place to make sure they would've been ready.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you do. You don't play a Scoundrel or an Operative.
    This is an example of biased attitudes. If you get nerfed you claim you shouldn't have and blah blah blah. If it isn't you, you say its well deserved. It happens in all games. A nerf was needed. They were over powered. To kill someone in a stunlock was stupid. It was like 3sec and you died.

Ok, so what could have been wrong with it? It was basic as basic could be for what they were planning. I don't see what could have gone wrong that made them pull it. They rolled out every other single change that was to be paired with Rated Warzones and just maybe, it wouldn't have been so bad with the reduced amount of everything you get if rated was in.. but who knows.. they pulled it without saying what possibly could have been the issue.

The claim a "fantastic" test for the new feature yet the post first off wasn't even opened that testers were supposed to post in.. A post was made but that only made it to 2 pages with the majority of people posting in it were non testers just asking questions. Queue times were nothing short of meh, 10-15 minutes at a time to get paired in a group of 5 v 8.. of which people were mostly in PvE gear and didn't appear to have ever spent time in a warzone up to that day. Way too often the question of what to do was seen in chat. They put virtually no effort into having PvP tested by a public player base, simple as that.

From the numbers that I gathered, you did lose more then gained in a 50W-50L rate but it was clear that the ratings were close to simulating WoWs Arena Rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    Ok, so what could have been wrong with it? It was basic as basic could be for what they were planning. I don't see what could have gone wrong that made them pull it. They rolled out every other single change that was to be paired with Rated Warzones and just maybe, it wouldn't have been so bad with the reduced amount of everything you get if rated was in.. but who knows.. they pulled it without saying what possibly could have been the issue.

The claim a "fantastic" test for the new feature yet the post first off wasn't even opened that testers were supposed to post in.. A post was made but that only made it to 2 pages with the majority of people posting in it were non testers just asking questions. Queue times were nothing short of meh, 10-15 minutes at a time to get paired in a group of 5 v 8.. of which people were mostly in PvE gear and didn't appear to have ever spent time in a warzone up to that day. Way too often the question of what to do was seen in chat. They put virtually no effort into having PvP tested by a public player base, simple as that.

From the numbers that I gathered, you did lose more then gained in a 50W-50L rate but it was clear that the ratings were close to simulating WoWs Arena Rating.
    Well, also its server based. Could you imagine ONLY facing the same teams over and over... and then hitting 2200 and NOT finding any teams to face? Especially when you need 2400 for gear? It would suck.

Well, also its server based. Could you imagine ONLY facing the same teams over and over... and then hitting 2200 and NOT finding any teams to face? Especially when you need 2400 for gear? It would suck.
    Ok, so as the OP originally said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    This may show some serious maturity in the company and a step in the right direction even though it may of made people upset
    Step in the right direction eh?

Instead of fixing an obvious issue with server balance, they choose to not bother testing something a large group was counting on as a key feature and ultimately choose to scrap it. Instead, lets see.. you get to take your characters and make a family.. good steps they are taking.

10+ Year Old Account

Instead of fixing an obvious issue with server balance, they choose to not bother testing something a large group was counting on as a key feature and ultimately choose to scrap it. Instead, lets see.. you get to take your characters and make a family.. good steps they are taking.
    Yeah because they definitely scrapped it. Do you read what you write or even care to research things? They postponed it for a short time to make sure its released without any sort of issues that would cause QQ. They released that whole family ordeal so you could view your other characters, which is APART of the Legacy system that was released.

10+ Year Old Account

Trust me. If their were MAJOR issues with the balance. Playing teams that were way out of your league or the other way around. Or massive class bugs where you could stack a team with like 10 socrcer's of example (JUST AND EXAMPLE) and roll everyone, would that be fun? Honestly? They obviously saw a need to postpone it.

This does show maturity, when you know something doesn't work, don't throw a product out there just because people want it. They wont like shit shoes if they break in a month from wear and tear. Ya get me?

Im sure Bio will come out with Rated WZ to the same caliber as Wows fluid standards. I am comparing them to Wow simply because they have a strong way of being efficient and fluid, im not gonna beat around the bush with that. So if they can duplicate and even expand on Wow. Shit... They are doing a excellent job.

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Trust me. If their were MAJOR issues with the balance. Playing teams that were way out of your league or the other way around. Or massive class bugs where you could stack a team with like 10 socrcer's of example (JUST AND EXAMPLE) and roll everyone, would that be fun? Honestly? They obviously saw a need to postpone it.

This does show maturity, when you know something doesn't work, don't throw a product out there just because people want it. They wont like shit shoes if they break in a month from wear and tear. Ya get me?

Im sure Bio will come out with Rated WZ to the same caliber as Wows fluid standards. I am comparing them to Wow simply because they have a strong way of being efficient and fluid, im not gonna beat around the bush with that. So if they can duplicate and even expand on Wow. Shit... They are doing a excellent job.
    Except when something 'duplicates WoW' they call it a WoW clone and start flaming hard -_- Which I don't understand. You should take what your competition did successfully and build on it. It sparks even more competition between the companies which in turn provides more competent content!

I think this shows Bioware acknowledges their own mistakes as well as when they should and shouldn't release something. It takes a lot to say you made a mistake and own up to something.