Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Microtransactions are fine as long as they don't offer solid in-game advantages.
    This is the f2p business model. F2p games are more expensive to play than ones you buy. Ive been messing around with blacklight retribution and tribes. It costs like 10-20$ for a single gun...

Really cant stand f2p games after playing a few. Diablo3 will be here soon and i wont have to worry about them anymore

EA sucks, this isn't news. The problem is this is going to spread. Once one big name title does it to a AAA game, it's free game.

Gamers used to be the ones challenging developers to push the limits. This is their response.

I have no mana, damn where is my credit card !!!! Bam I am dead ... screw you EA.

Actually I think such system play now pay later is justified if there is a limit. I mean you can start playing for free and if you like it later on you will be charged as you play the game more and more; but once you reach let's say 55 euros they stop charging you and you pay more only for dlc packs.

Edit: Ok, I would give them 70 euros to reach cap.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-04-16 at 08:14 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people that they will lose over this but not enough to make them stop. There is nothing wrong with it and people are yelling at hypothetical mentions like ammo for an extreme.The model is fine and for a lot of it is great allowing games to be expanded past their release filling the time between a sequel.

I know I will continue to support things like DA1/2, Borderlands, and others with good DLC.

Deleted
    Micro transactions really bug me. Cosmetic items and anything that doesn't enhance my game play fine, but when you start throwing things out I want to buy because it WILL affect my game play, I will either constantly over spend, or not get the full experience of a game And that's why I steer clear of ''F2P''.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    This is the f2p business model. F2p games are more expensive to play than ones you buy. Ive been messing around with blacklight retribution and tribes. It costs like 10-20$ for a single gun...

Really cant stand f2p games after playing a few. Diablo3 will be here soon and i wont have to worry about them anymore
    You're playing the wrong games then. I have about 9 F2P MMO's installed that I play off and on right now, and have only spent 5 bucks on Vindictus for new under-armor (yay underwear!), 5 bucks on Champions Online for additional bag slots, and 5 bucks on EQ2 for the silver account upgrade (and a cosmetic set). I've poured countless hours into those three games and have never really felt limited (EQ2 is pretty limited for free accounts though).

Notice that in Tribes (not sure about Blacklight Retribution) you can purchase ALL of the weapons/upgrades for experience as well as IRL money. You don't HAVE to pay ANYTHING if you don't want to, it will just take you longer to unlock them. Outside of a few games, F2P games are as expensive as YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM.

Deleted
    I have no problem with micro-transactions, as long as they are optional. Like hats in TF2 or Portal 2, or Mongol Faces in CK2, or a few extra tracks of music to a game, or a new map for a mutliplayer game, or a new mode. I think such things, that aren't fundamental, are fine. We used to pay money for expansion packs that cost maybe 30$ or even as much as the original game (World of Warcraft?) so I see no problem paying a small sum for the parts of the expansion I actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I have no problem with micro-transactions, as long as they are optional. Like hats in TF2 or Portal 2, or Mongol Faces in CK2, or a few extra tracks of music to a game, or a new map for a mutliplayer game, or a new mode. I think such things, that aren't fundamental, are fine. We used to pay money for expansion packs that cost maybe 30$ or even as much as the original game (World of Warcraft?) so I see no problem paying a small sum for the parts of the expansion I actually want.
    For the record Valve is very happy with how much money they get from the hats in TF2 They said if they knew how much money they would get from going f2p, they would do it from the start.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.