Poll: What's your favorite Vanilla raid?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your favorite Vanilla raid

Vanilla raid thread

What's your favorite vanilla raid? Hmm... I'll vote for Onyxia's Lair, because it was my very first raid. On the second place - Blackwing's Lair.

Crossroads, and Im being serious lol :P I found Molten Core and ZG so boring I never got into the later raids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Both of the AQ raids <3

Deleted
    Molten Core, my guild already had it on farm when I first went there, it was my first time raiding and I had no real idea what was going on but I loved it, we got all the bosses first time and we cleared it quite quickly, the following week when I went to there BWL run and spent all night wiping on the the second boss I wasnt quite so impressed.

Didn't play back then, but I do them whenever possible. BWL is my favourite by far.

Deleted
    i lold at seeing UBRS in that list. nice one.

personally, i always really liked onyxia. it wasn't a very sophisticated or fun fight but i loved standing face-to-face with that giant, sleeping dragon, anticipating the pull. the gratification was also way above molten core because you didn't have to do tons of trash packs before finally seeing a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    i lold at seeing UBRS in that list. nice one.
    You can always tell a real Vanilla player if they consider UBRS a raid :P

I voted ZG because it was always my favorite Vanilla raid ... Unlike many people who Fake or Don't Fake having played in Vanilla I wasn't a big fan of 40man Raids. It was more about the Social Aspects of having 40 people to; Joke with, talk with and 'Be Guildmates', the 40 people in a Raid itself was cluttered and overly complex.

ZG with 20 just felt like a really good number. Less people running around everywhere and more focused Mechanics and Ways to counteract, and the fights were great fun Hence why I loved the 5 man ZG/ZA heaps, twas awesome Nostalgia wise

Naxxramas, probably the most badass raid ever (the 40 man version)

Deleted
    I liked ZG most, the troll theme and quirkiness of some fights. MC to me seemed to be mostly about waiting for 5 sunders before nuking, Ony was about having enough shamans for tremor totem, AQ was fun as well but it got a bit frustrating on Twin Emperors and I never did Naxx. I was too poor to get the attunement done and was stuck on revered.

Blackwing Lair, closely followed by Naxx. I'm slightly biased towards BWL, since i was the first paladin on my server to finish off the Judgement set.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

I voted for ZG because its the introduction into raiding. The sheer awe at things when you were stumbling and fumbling your way towards the Bat boss. Oh it was awesome!

I always liked ZG because it was such a step up from MC, tactically, same with AQ20. Still my favourite raid would be BWL. Enjoyed the theme, lot of the bossfights and the look of the items really much.

Expesially starting raid with Razorgore when you didn't overgear the place yet. Totally awesome fight.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    UBRS because it's the only one I did

10+ Year Old Account
    AQ40.

Naxx and 4-H broke my old guild : P
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm going with BWL.

It seemed to be a turning point where encounter design went from "spank and tank, while collecting resist gear and dispelling" to "you need to pay attention here or you're fucked".

Needing the Onyxia cloak was a bit of shitty design, but so was most of it back then.

we're MC raiders.. we ain't got no life

I would really have loved to experience Naxx40, but as most of the community I didn't get to try it. Imagining running around as 40 people in there and beating my most beloved encounters would have been epic. Alas, never got to try it, so my vote goes to Molten Core, which was a lot of fun imo, never got the whole hate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm going with BWL.

It seemed to be a turning point where encounter design went from "spank and tank, while collecting resist gear and dispelling" to "you need to pay attention here or you're fucked".

Needing the Onyxia cloak was a bit of shitty design, but so was most of it back then.
    The Depression Room was enough to make it the worst raid of Vanilla with the exception of Onyxia's Lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went AQ 40 but I never got to raid in classic so mine is based on face rolling them on higher level and just how much I enjoyed atmosphere and bosses models and voices.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

I didn't play until early BC. Lvl 80 Naxx was fun.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loved ZG back then, never got bored of it.