Poll: What's your favorite WotLK raid?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar wins for me as well, but I also thoroughly enjoyed ICC. It wasn't tuned perfectly and the whole increasing-buff design was a little weird, but I thought it had a lot of really fun and unique bosses.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    ICC for me, I had so much fun in there.

I HATED Ulduar >_>

Gee, let me guess, it starts with U and ends in LDUAR?

Come on what kind of a question is this? There was only one good raid in wotlk, and I'm willing to bet it's gonna win easily.

Hey what do you know, it is winning now. WHAT A SURPRISE!!

Ulduar was absolutely amazing, but Icecrown was just the bees knees for me. Beautiful scenery, scary bosses and of course the entire Warcraft story as I know it (admittedly very little) coming to an end.

It's probably the only tier I really broke out of my casual shell and really went hardcore with 20-hour raid weeks until 12/12H. I don't regret it at all but I'd never do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know most will /gasp at this but ICC. While Ulduar was awesome I loved ICC. The settings and most of the bosses were fantastic. I loved how the green dragon (cannot remember name at the moment) was a fun change up and shifted the focus, in this I mean it seems healers are just there to keep everyone alive long enough to kill the boss, but this fight everyone tried to keep the healers alive long enough to heal up the boss. Arthas was amazing in how it took every one doing their role right to down. I wont go into all the bosses I just loved the place.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

ulduar. Though for some reason I really enjoyed the vault of archavon too.

I have to go with ICC. Being a healer, Valithria Dreamwalker encounter just let us have soooooo much fun. And it was the epic end to Wrath, the Lich King fight. And the few times I got to tank it I got to be the jet-pack tank on lootship. That was just silly fun.

Next has to be Ulduar for its sheer epicness. But that was also its problem. For some reason people felt the need to clear it in one sitting. It was like the Kara of Wrath. Too damn big for its own good.

Then there is Naxx. Again, it was big but for some reason people did not feel the need to clear it in one sitting. It was almost always done in two. Three wings one night and the last and upstairs on the second. I never did Naxx in one sitting till is was wayyyy down on the farm list and you could clear a wing in 30 to 45 minutes.

This one is easy for me: Ulduar

Activated Hardmodes were a really cool concept, plus Algalon, plus the general "feel", the lore, the art...the list goes on.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Toss up between Ulduar and ICC. I liked certain parts of each instance. I do love big instances, plenty of atmosphere, artistic designs, architecture etc. I don't like being crammed into a tunnel with a few rooms and it's all bland really. I think Ulduar will win my vote, because of how it looked imo and the I enjoyed more bosses there than ICC.

ulduar, hands down.

we went there like 4 weeks ago with 3 mains and took a random warrior who had never been to ulduar before. when we arrived at algalon and the lights and beams and god knows what broke lose he was speechless and REALLY enjoyed it...that was the moment when i realized that ulduar is definitely something special and i actually was quite happy for him.
    Last edited by Estival; 2012-04-16 at 11:43 PM.
    my resource is yellow!

Ulduar, no contest!

Though Icecrown Citadel is my overall best second place... It was the time where I was with the best people I ever met in this game... The best guild... Lots of memories...

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    I know most will /gasp at this but ICC. While Ulduar was awesome I loved ICC.
    Not at all. I loved Icecrown Citadel. The environment , the bosses and, of course, the Lich King, I loved it all.

The problem is that Ulduar, well, existed. It is the best raid in the game, hands down.
    Last edited by Madruga; 2012-04-16 at 11:55 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No contest Ulduar and ICC when current. Really don't like going into ICC now after farming it for a year though.

(Before vote) "It's gonna be Ulduar by a landslide..."

(After vote) "Yup...oh wow, people actually voted for TOTC?"

Ulduar gets my vote followed by ICC. The boss progression of Ulduar felt so good (versus the "meh these aren't that ba..OH MY GOD HEROIC LICH KING" of ICC25). I really enjoyed Firefighter and a few of the other hard modes. There were definite frustrations like killing Hodir 2 seconds too late but the good definitely outweighed the bad.

ICC was great in that it had 12 bosses, only two of which felt hokey (Could have done without Marrowgar, Gunship and heroic Saurfang). Hard modes were challenging and fun for the most part (Putricide was so good). I would say its biggest negatives were gating (Why only the first four bosses for an entire month?), the early application of the stacking buff and the fact that it was out as long as Black Temple was with no new content other than lol1daydragonHalion.

TOGC was garbage. I won't even go into why because it'll be such a typical answer. The only thing I liked was the mechanic behind healing Anub.

Ulduar, hands down. Just the setting and feel of the whole Titan-sanctuaryness was awesome. I go back there all the time with my guild to clear for achievements and such. Plus the lore behind Algalon and everyone else is captivating.

ICC in second. Taking down the LK felt so satisfying, and it actually felt as if we were getting something done to save Azeroth (cough, ToC and other pointless raids). XD