Poll: What's your favorite Cata raid?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well all of them weren't a proper raid except for maybe BoT or Firelands. A raid should be lots of trash between bosses, not a small pack between them.
    BWD was to small, though it did have an epic setting with Nefarian and he's experiments.
    Firelands, for me, was bad because the whole idea of open zone and bosses is really dumb.
    Dragonsoul is us chasing deathwing and he's tentacles.
    To4w was just to small, but fun fights.
    The only raid I haven't mention and for which I voted for is BoT. Only reason is it felt like a raid.
    I don't wanna talk about the boss mechanics, most of them were very complex except for whole DS and Baleroc.
    ^comes from a person who done everything on normal mode.

I loved t11 for sure. I only chose Firelands because of Heroic Ragnaros. I may have wiped a bazillion times on it, but man that fight was cool.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like DS a lot, and Firelands a close 2nd. Throne was the worst by far IMO.

T11 had nice encounters and as far as cata raids went those three were the best, but I can easily say that I did not like or love any of the Cata raid content. FL and DS were utter crap, and just because they were crap doesn't make T11 good or enjoyable.

None of them. Cata was not what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    BoT. Remember getting Chogall down (with a full irl-mates guild). That was a huge relief!
    My god do I know that feel.
    Me and my guild had been sat on Cho'gall for maybe a week-ish on normal mode (We were pretty undergeared at the time) and when we finally got him down, we were so happy. I think we ended up being like faction 7th guild on our server at some point

I think Cataclysm as a whole did pretty strongly when it came to mechanics on bossfights, they were all pretty nice. I think the whole of tier 11 has to be my favorite, since I didn't experience FL that much when it was just released.
    As for DS, I think Blizz had some cool ideas that kinda flopped, and that people got burned out on the same 8 bosses in LFR mode pretty much a couple months after release.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

Bastion of Twilight. Was very promising on start, but ended being too short though.

Edit: "You are worthless, Theralion, aaarrrgh!" still makes me laugh XD
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-05-02 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul, just for its massive exposure to players that had lost the ability to raid since WotLK's PuG-friendly atmosphere.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    BH.

all the rest were kinda meh
    Hoping thats just your opinion

They were all pretty disappointing in one respect or another, but I voted BWD - Some nice bosses and decent experimentation, no pun intended, going on in there. Overall though, it's only really a 6 or maybe 7 out of 10, which really makes me sad to call it the best of the expansion.

Silver lining in MoP though, at the very least they new raids look amazing. Something none of the Cataclysm ones did, in my opinion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I really liked the design of throne of four winds, its open and bright.. no hentai tentacles going on anywhere near that place. But it was far to short which makes it boring.
    Best ones are Bot and Bwd.

Ulduar?! ICC?! Naxxramas?! Black Temple?! Oh those are not mentioned.

Cataclysm it was the worst ever expansion. I really hope this change on Mists.

Back to topic: I really enjoyed some bosses mechanics on BWD such as: Atramedes, Chimareon and Maloriak.

End bosses from BOT were cool also. Firelands and Dragon Soul were a big misfortune.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-05-03 at 08:49 AM.

Absolutely Bastion of Twilight for me, it was the first one we went to as a fresh guild and Cho'gal felt epic.

Forelands for sure. Interesting fight mechanics and personally it seemed harder to me to find a reliable pug FL group as compared to any of the other raids. BWD was ok and DS is good just with LFR I feel kinda burnt out on it. That all being said I still need the 2h shared boss drop sword for transmog. Throne and BH were by far the worst raids. Unimaginative and no real challenge to them.

Deleted
    I really liked Blackwing Descent.

Firelands for sure for me.

Beth'ilac and Alysrazor are just such awesome fights and I also had a lot of fun driving Ryolith.

Also majordomo was quite fun and I also liked the design of the raid.

For me FL is a clear winner

<3 for Shyama for this signature!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've liked all the raids in this expansion. I only like DS on hard mode though, seems silly otherwise. Hated FL loot and in hard mode just seemed needlessly cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Throne of the four winds had two very good designed encounters but the instance was too short and the loot was very akward.
    Which is really a shame, because the art in TO4W was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Cataclysm it was the worst ever expansion. I really hope this change on Mists.
    Lets hope not

Having only done FL and DS and only DS on heroic even. I must say FL. DS hc the fights are better than FL normal, but FL does feel more like a raid then DS does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagger View Post
    T11 minus throne was fantastic
    I agree with this. I absolutely despised ToT4W.