Deleted

2-manning Kael'Thas, need help

Me and my friend are planning on farming the TK mount, especially with the account-bound mount change. Now we've tried it before and we never actually succeeded, does anyone have any tips? We both have a scala of characters (8 lvl 85's for me and 7 for him) and the combo we think should work is Blood DK + Disc priest.

blood dk works alone the id would be wasted
    all you have to do is LoS your healer with kaelthas left or right side at the statues
    1 heal 1 hot and run LoS again for not getting mced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    hi there are really good guides on youtube! just watch them 10x better than any explanation just in words. (try to search "kael thas solo guide")

there are videos for a lot of classes. just watch these and take their strategies for the different phases. it doesnt have to be your class... there are just some important things to know.
    with tank/heal it should be no problem

you can actually solo kaelthas as blood dk (and with many other classes... though it's not easy to learn in some cases)

hf

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a hunter soloing Kael'thas, however I have never been successful just 3 manning him. The mind control usually screws us over, especially if you have someone using the daggers to break the MC, and he/she is Mind Controlled. If you know some people who will come who don't care for the mount (unlikely but possible.) bring a couple more. At least one who can use the daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You both have classes that can solo him, he as a Blood DK and you as a Shadow Priest.
    So instead of duo-ing it go solo it, it's easy and you also have 50% more chances on getting it
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-05-04 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much any combo works. Me (Holy Paladin) and a friend (Arcane Mage) did it in T11 gear. Just make sure there are no uncontrollable pets (Blood Worms/Shadowfiend in your suggested combo) and make a triangle at the statue, Kael'thas behind it, the DPS/Tank in his LoS killing him, and the healer in the DPS/Tank's LoS but not Kael'thas' (or else he mind controls and kills you). And if you have someone that can equip a staff, make them loot he legendary staff he gives and use it. Stopping the conflagrates/disorients is invaluable.

I just did it with my ungeared/unused old DK... Having another player around will only make it more difficult!

Me friend and I 2-manned this without knowing about the LoS tactic.. Me on my blood dk, her on her disc priest, so it's doable, just takes patience and good cd management.

Get some honor and get a pvp trinket. Makes the fight face roll on blood dks, and other classes.

Myself and my friend 2 manned him many times to get the mount, took a bit of tweaking to get it down, but it's doable I as a Boomkin and him as ret pally. we would go into his room, clear the trash them pull him, run all the way back to the entrance of the raid, and kill off his *bodyguards* one by one, first 2 at the entrance, and then move up to the chamber just before lootreaver to kill the others, up to the little chamber at the entrance to his room to kill the *weapons* then kill off his bodyguards again moving down to the the exit into al'ar's room, one hide behind the pillars at that exit, while the other takes him down to 50%, then run up to the little anti chamber leading into Kael's boss room, and finish him off.

As said, akes a little practice but once you've nailed it it's easy enough Goodluck^

Oh also make sure one of you equip the staff. I just macroed it into every ability so I didn't have to worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me and my brother a couple of tries to do right, but we did it in the end. We have just bothered to kill him 3 times or so though, to lazy :P
    Me on a feral druid and he on a hunter.

Now I could probably solo him easily, but I am too lazy :P
    More fun with a friend, brother or whatever tagging along anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slic View Post
    Me and my friend are planning on farming the TK mount, especially with the account-bound mount change. Now we've tried it before and we never actually succeeded, does anyone have any tips? We both have a scala of characters (8 lvl 85's for me and 7 for him) and the combo we think should work is Blood DK + Disc priest.
    You don't need a tank to do this. We three man it as a rdruid, aff lock, ret pally (primary tank). Go to a dps spec and kill stuff. I'm assuming you have no trouble with the first phase, just kill the adds (faceroll easy with a healer). On the boss have your priest stand behind a statue so he doesn't get MCd. When the boss says: Obey me or any variation of that healer can run out, heal you up and toss some dots. Make sure the healer gets AND uses (the on use effect) of the staff to prevent everything but fear and keeps it equipped until the end of the fight (if you unequip you lose the effect). You should kill it in about 5 minutes with this approach and have 0 trouble.

Solo it (10 chars)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Rogue with priest/shamy here. Either full dps and the priest/shamy just offheals or we do a dps/heal. Let the rogue (any class which can wear a dagger + has a melee ability + can do more threat then the other person in your group) pick the dagger and place the other guy next to him when KT is free. Let the rogue or w/e dps get aggro and use the dagger when your partner is MC'ed. Kill him and loot. Profit!