Graphic problems still

So maybe its just me, but Rift seems to have some cases were they like having extreme dark spots and extreme light spots. I have to adjust my gamma daily when looking at different icons or going through dungeons. Some spots in Deepstrike Mines are so dark I literally cant see what I'm looking at. Then on the other hand, things like silk cloth or the new Molten Gold Ingots are so bright I cant see how many I have in my inventory. I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this and if they do, how do they coup or how did u fix it?

A few specs here:
    Win7 OS
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
    8 Gigs of RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 overclocked fermi edition 3.97gb video card memory on it
    Screen Reso 1680x1050

Also here is a few screens of the current settings

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...415185014.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...415185025.jpg/

Something like that is down to your monitor, and possibly your graphics cards gamme, contrast, hue and color settings.

Hmm. I never thought about the monitor being a problem. It was on the cheaper side for a 22in wide. Ill play with the graphic card settings a little bit later. Thanks Tarien.

Trialtm,

Screenshots look absolutely fine. I'd chalk it up to monitor settings.

No worries. The game sends the exact same data to every players screen, if there was an issue with the game and what it was telling our screens to display we'd all be suffering, so the only thing left is your monitor or your graphics card. Process of elimination

Do a Google search for best settings for your card/monitor, you might find someone has done some of the legwork for you already.

I had the EXACT same issue, the area`s of the game you mentioned was dark as shit and unplayable, while other area`s burned my retina out almost lol, no mater what I did in the nvidia control panel or monitor worked.
    the ONLY way I could get perfect colour and brightness setting was by setting the game to "Full Screen Windowed" mode in video settings only then would any settings I changed in the nvidia control panel actually affect the game (regular full screen mode was a no go and still is)
    give it a try, was the only workaround I managed to figure out that worked

the most annoying thing was that when I tried to take screenshots of the screwed up full screen mode, reviewing them the screenshots looked fine but ingame it looked like shit :S
    Last edited by soniqboom; 2012-04-16 at 04:23 AM.
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

A lot of people have this problem, and it's likely because they buy TN film based Monitors, and not S-IPS to save some money.(or they didn't know there were very different types of LCD panels out there)

Cheap monitors are almost always TN panels. You can easily tell if yours is one by tilting it up and down, and seeing the gamma change. S-IPS monitors don't do this. Ever check out a Mac on display at Best Buy? Those are always S-IPS panels.
    Last edited by Dezeria; 2012-04-16 at 04:32 AM. Reason: More info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    A lot of people have this problem, and it's likely because they buy TN film based Monitors, and not S-IPS to save some money.(or they didn't know there were very different types of LCD panels out there)

Cheap monitors are almost always TN panels. You can easily tell if yours is one by tilting it up and down, and seeing the gamma change. S-IPS monitors don't do this. Ever check out a Mac on display at Best Buy? Those are always S-IPS panels.
    That's crazy u say that. I cant even slouch in my "throne" chair without it going almost completely dark. I think im going to chalk this up to a bad/cheap monitor. Guess its time to look around on newegg for something with quality. Anyone have any suggestions or something they found that they like?

Btw, Soniqboom, your fix helped dramatically by turning the settings to "Full Screen Windowed" and then adjusting my graphics card gamma. I can see everything now that im supposed to. Thanks : )

HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
    it's around $360 on Amazon.

I'm using the older model of this monitor, and it's amazing.