Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paid for a faction change - what race is best as a Horde shaman?

Like the title says, I paid for a faction change. I've looked at the options and have checked out the racials, but I still cant decide what race to choose for my shaman.

Here's where I get snagged - updated character models. If blizz is going to update the models, then I'd love to look something like Thrall, but if not ... I'd enjoy Goblin even.

Anyone know if/when character models will be updated? I could have swore I read something about it. If it's not happening, then does anyone have any reason why they chose their current shaman race?

Thanks all!

Troll is best for pve with their racial; free heroism
    That's all I got

It IS happening, just that it's not something that' s going to be in right away. As for the "best" race, it depends what you're looking for. Racials wise, I would say go Orc, Troll, or Goblin, in that order (Tauren racial isn't all that useful for shamans). If you're going by looks well.....That's up to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are the most traditional horde race for shaman (imo), so when I faction changed mine I went orc despite the female model being.. interesting. Whatever, just makes her more unique and special.

The race that you like the appearance of is the best. Racials make very little difference in the end, yet a lot of people refuse to play anything but what is the best by a marginal amount. Think with your own brain rather than a stat spread sheet about what you would like to be!

Resto-Goblin
    Ele-Troll
    Enh-Orc
    Hi Sephurik

When I made my shaman, I was interested in playing a melee, so I was taking it enhance all the way. I've played the ranged caster, warlock, mage. I heal and tank with my druid, I don't care too much for kitty dps (just don't do it often enough to be great with it...) But when I rolled the shaman, I kept in mind that I did not want to heal or be a ranged caster with it. So my choices for racials was easy. What ever helps with that. I'm not all that interested in the model, so I am not all that worried about when they get the new ones in. So my options were Tauren, Troll, Goblin, Orc.

Tauren, I get warstomp... Love the AOE stun, but... not really great in PVE, great for PVP though. Buff to herbalism, cool, if I wanted to gather...

Troll, There is berserking which is really nice from a healer or elemental stand point, but for enhance, it just doesn't make sense. Speed up some casting times... casting times on what... lightning bolts, which are coming out pretty often, and quick enough anyways from MSW... I'll pass

Goblins, the jump is just absolutely fantastic, even the rocket gloves which shares a CD is cool. But what else do they really offer? Nothing of value really... Buff to alchemy, better prices, bank access out in BFE... So not much there for me...

Orc, I get free expertise with axes, fistweapons, and increased pet damage (totems, wolves, elemental totems). I get Blood Fury, which increases spell damage and attack power... Well as enhance I do use spell power, and attack power... (double dip?)... Mind you, these work great in PVE and PVP, so that works for me.

Even playing on the beta, the racials for pandas really are not that impressive to me in the least bit. I think I will remain an Orc enhancement shaman.

Either orc or goblin, i would advise orc. at least imo, the +SP bonus is better than the troll's haste, since the +SP will not only buff ur damage but also boost ur fire elemental for 2 mins if u pop it with Blood Fury on (which you should) and the 5% damage with pets and exp with axes its just way neat, the only spec that doesn't benefit from orc's racial is resto (on PvE), and it still haz some stun reduction for PvPing. Orc > all
    Can play any flavor of the month ;P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

To clarify
    Enhance-Orc, Exp with axes (bis weps are axes), ap cooldown, better than 1% haste or the haste cd, and increased damage by your wolves.
    Ele-Orc/Troll, Sp cd or Haste cd, personal preferance, though Orc is probably better, as stated before the sp buff with Fire Ele and Pet damage.
    Resto-Troll/Goblin, Goblins 1% haste can help you hit a haste breakpoint (extra ticks on hots) or Troll's haste cd helps as a throughput cooldown, personally I find Goblins better.

male troll look the best easily

Goblin totems look great and the rocket jump is really useful for pvp/pve

Play what you think looks best, racials are only a marginal increase. Being happy with the way your character looks in gear is far more important.

Mines currently Orc, but I much perfer the tauren casting (healing) animations, so i might change over at some point in time.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ujellybrah View Post
    Orc, I get free expertise with axes, fistweapons, and increased pet damage (totems, wolves, elemental totems). I get Blood Fury, which increases spell damage and attack power... Well as enhance I do use spell power, and attack power... (double dip?)... Mind you, these work great in PVE and PVP, so that works for me.
    I read the racial, and it only says it increases the damage done by hunter, warlock and DK pets. It says nothing about shamans. Free expertise and Blood Fury is still awesome for enhancement.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Orc, Roll, Goblin, and Panda all offer some nice PvE/PvP racials. None of them are objectively better than another in every scenario.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    Pick the Troll, trolls are cool, hell if that was a warrior of yours - I love troll moves while swinging swords etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    I read the racial, and it only says it increases the damage done by hunter, warlock and DK pets. It says nothing about shamans. Free expertise and Blood Fury is still awesome for enhancement.
    It does actually increase shaman pet damage as well for the wolves, anything with a pet bar will gain benefit, including frost mage elementals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    It does actually increase shaman pet damage as well for the wolves, anything with a pet bar will gain benefit, including frost mage elementals.
    Then I learned something new

Well it depends on what spec you are playing as.

As far as i know Elemental and REstoration prefer Trolls / Goblins, where Enhancement prefers Orcs.