Poll: Will you switch from WoW to Titan?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Will You Move on to Titan?

We know practically nothing about Titan. All we know is that it's an MMO in development by Blizzard.

Off of that fact and that fact only, when this new MMO (most likely with an equal subscription fee to World of Warcraft) decides to release, will you switch from World of Warcraft to it?

I will move on because it will be by Blizzard. Any MMO made by another company I either play on the side or don't play at all, but the fact that it will be made by Blizzard and that it is an MMO is enough for me to guarantee that I will switch to it from WoW when it releases (assuming it has a subscription fee).

Please vote in the poll and discuss below.

I think that for me personally, once wow is over, my mmo days are over.

From what we have heard, it will be an mmo made for super casual gameplay. In fact according to a few snippets from the devs, they are testing some of the new features in wow, thats why we are seeing so many little casual additions like pet battles. If in fact it is a very casual game, I might give it a shot just because it doesnt seem like it will take up too much of my time.

Contradicting myself, but meh... Its one of those things we have to see for ourselves before really making an educated decision.
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2012-04-16 at 05:05 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, I'll probably be in Diablo 3 Expansion #1 or #2 mf'ing until my eyes bleed. I'll visit the game in terms of trying it / Login from time to time

i love blizzard games too.

but i wouldn't make any judgement based on rumors or hype. that never ends well.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan is a casual Mmo, But.. is it a mmrpg.. I don't think it is honestly
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Honestly I feel that my time in MMO's is about over as the communities continue to get worse, more children feeling they are owed something for playing a game and then whining about it is a big turn off for me in general. Most people I started playing with are long gone and I don't have time for any raiding other than LFR.

Most likely, but as you said, we don't know what it is yet. I'm sure it will be a good game, but I don't necessarily have to have an MMO to play at any given time, there are plenty of other games out there to enjoy. I do hope they take a different spin on MMOs in addition to being an FPS, I must admit this formula is getting old and is part of the reason new MMO's struggle to keep me interested as I'm already set up and well adapted to WoW.

Without knowing anything about it except the fact that it is made by Blizzard and is an entirely new storyline, I would at least be willing to try it out.

we know quite a bit about titan and it's nothing like wow. it's not the evolution of wow. it's a different game, different TYPE of game. people who play planetside 2 will play titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Titan is a casual Mmo...
    They've never said that.

We know absolutely nothing about Titan at this point, so for me, I dunno yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    we know quite a bit about titan and it's nothing like wow. it's not the evolution of wow. it's a different game, different TYPE of game. people who play planetside 2 will play titan.
    Aagin, we don't know anything about the game. The only thing we know is that it's not going to be another WoW. That's it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

We know it's an MMO, and I don't think anyone with any idea of Blizzard's history can expect Blizzard to make a virtual hangout like Habbo Hotel (ie. what I think of as a "casual" MMO).

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    The only official description I have seen of it comes down to it being a MMOFPS centered on casual PvP play. No, I won't waste a dime on it if that holds true.
    Not sure about the PvP part, but I don't think it's been confirmed to be an FPS.

This is such a pointless question at this stage. You might as well put up a poll asking "What movie format will you be buying in 50 years time?".
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

There's no reason to assume it will have a sub fee. It's entirely possible, even likely if it's "casual" oriented, that they'll just do box sales + ingame virtual purchases. If that's the case I'll give it a try for sure, if it IS sub based then probably no.

If it is the natural evolutionary path WoW is currently taking... No.

I can see it now... We felt the user having to decide what ability to use is far too complicated system for our users, and frankly trying to balance a class that has 2s and 3s of abilities is just too complicated. We think this is the natural evolution of the RPG, users will now pick a pretty picture at level 10 and depending on which pretty picture they pic they will get a pretty button that appears on their screen. When you kill something it will automatically be looted and if it is better will be automatically equipped on your character, after all this looting and changing gear can get tedious for the user and everybody is just looking up online what the best gear is so we streamlined the process for a better user experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    We know it's an MMO, and I don't think anyone with any idea of Blizzard's history can expect Blizzard to make a virtual hangout like Habbo Hotel (ie. what I think of as a "casual" MMO).
    They did state that it was a casual MMO, and the plan as far as they wanted to tell.. Is that you are gonna be able to play Titan alongside with Wow, meaning you are gonna have time to play both..

This was stated at Blizzcon! =)

Can I migrate my toon from WoW to it ?

If not, then Titan holds no more promise to me than any other random MMO that is coming out (or has come out).

If I am leaving behind years of experiences for a brand new one - then I will pick on aspects other than who made it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible that's it may be Free to Play because they're testing out in-game Ads.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/BLi...ing,14535.html

Looking forward to an FPS style mmo, with gameplay similar to Borderlands.

If it is a FPS, I definitely won't be playing it.
    Otherwise, I guess we'll see, but probably when I'm done with WoW, I won't be playing any MMOs.