Poll: Will you switch from WoW to Titan?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As of now, we don't have enough info to make an informed decision. If I'm still playing WoW when Titan comes out (I assume I will be in some capacity, or at least D3, but you never know), I'm sure I'll give it a try. Maybe WoW will become f2p at that time, or they'll do a deal where one sub fee covers both mmos. At least that's what I'm hoping. If not I'll give it a shot anyway...probably eventually switch entirely because at some point they'll stop releasing content for WoW in favor of the new game.

Once even the most populated wow server becomes a wasteland and blizzard neglects updating wow I will quit wow and be done with mmo's altogether

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, if it's good enough I might, Blizzard usually releases quality products. Though I heard it's of the same nature of Wizard 101 or free realms, if that is true please feel free to correct me, but if it's true, the game might not be my cup of tea.

before we know it could be hello kitty online MMO. We just dont know. I will give it a good shot if it sounds ok around the time i guess.

Deleted
    All depends really.

If Titan is an isometric style MMO then I probably won't since I dislike those styles, if it's however simmilar to WoW or even this fabled MMOFPS then I'll probably give it a shot aty least, but moving on... there simply isn't enough information out at the moment for anyone really to make any sort of justified decision.

Edit, whilst there is speculation about whether or not the game is more casual I don't think we can safely say it's certain to be a casual MMO, maybe Blizzard are testing said casual features out in WoW because the want Titan to follow in it's footsteps and take control as the top, hardcore MMO whilst WoW goes F2P, based on patterns emerging with other games at least.

Still, we have ideas about ther setting and hints towards the context from the jobs page a while back, but that's really the only solid evidence we've got, everything else is just far-fetched speculation.
    Last edited by mmoc56a2a40693; 2012-04-16 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At that point I'll check on the State of games like SWTOR and GW2 and see how they're faring. Ill also be Balls deep in Diablo at the point too and most likely I'll be laddering in the next SC2 expansion.

Honestly it's to early to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    They said exactly that in several interviews. Go to some google searches and I am sure you will find it.

Edit: cause i know people will be too lazy to google it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...l-mmo-analyst/
    http://www.dotmmo.com/titan-blizzard...-mmo-3157.html

There are many many more articles I could link but they all say the same thing. As it stands, Blizzard plans on making Titan a "casual mmo". Granted, plans change and nothing is written in stone, but as I said above, I won't spend a dime on a casual MMO.
    Both linked articles say NOTHING in a confirmed way, they are both written around the quote that the game will have a larger reach. That could mean anything, and doesn't necesarily mean that it's casual. From what I've read that it will be set in a kinda futuristic, post apocalyptic setting I don't think "casual" as it is usually used will be applicable.

OT: I'm pretty meh about what I've heard so far, but it's by Blizz so I will definitely keep an eye on it and check it out. If there is going to be a beta, I will try my utmost to get in to it. After that I will decide.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-04-16 at 02:38 PM.

I will open at LEAST 10 account for Titan at launch just so I can give blizz more money for this innovative master piece of an MMO, and frankly if anyone else doesn't do this, I will probably have to stop talking to them because they are a simpleton pleb
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's really is an FPS then probably not. I'm terrible at FPS games so I wouldn't enjoy playing something I'm not very good at. I'm pretty sure I could figure it out after a while but I've got enough other stuff to play so I wouldn't want to pay $15/mo for it. If it's FTP then I might try it.

If it's not an FPS and more RPG then I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Deleted
    Just like all the other "big mmo" games released since WoW, I will probably play it. But seeing that it's possibly going to be a more casual mmo I don't really expect to quit WoW for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    in a word no. Blizzard is finding new ways to grow by catering to a portion of the gaming community that in a word is horrible. I can only imagine that whatever and however the game may work, it will be executed beautifully and as flawless as possible. It will have to, to get normal people to play with the cretins, its essentially like tying meat around the ugly kid's neck to the get the dog to play with him.

It's a MMO..It's by Blizzard, so ya I'll check it out, but switching, not so fast.

Deleted
    ill try it, if its better than wow then i may carry on playing, hell even if it isnt ill still pay for it cos im dedicated to blizzard liek that

Deleted
    I picked that I need more information, simply put I am not gonna play another MMO like wow anytime soon. I loved playing wow as my first mmo but after trying some other mmos in the last few years I don't think they will make a new one that is different enough from wow.

Deleted
    I'm not stupid enough to make a decision with next to zero information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can I migrate my toon from WoW to it ?

If not, then Titan holds no more promise to me than any other random MMO that is coming out (or has come out).

If I am leaving behind years of experiences for a brand new one - then I will pick on aspects other than who made it.
    So you mean you cant leave WoW because you feel it would be wasted years of your life and have to continue? Sad lol.

Anyway I have no idea as we dont know anything about it. If it will even be an mmoRPG. Even if it is an MMORPG I hope it do stuff closer to GW2.
    Didnt check up much about GW2 but I have seen some gameplay lately and the combat in it looks really sweet. For an example you need to watch movements of mobs/players and avoid and so on as there is no castingbar as I understood.

We know literally NOTHING about Titan other than that it will be a MMO. So why is this even question? I know you have an option for it in the poll, but really?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Titan is an FPS, then it probably won't.

Deleted
    Tough question without more knowledge, but it's certainly an option to move on to Titan.

I hate how Warcraft lore is cast aside for more convience in game design. The story has been going to shit for a while now.
    Since players constantly need new bosses to fight, they have to be the strongest characters in the world and thus all previously powerful characters have to be neutered. Look at the Aspects specifically. Game mechanics take priority over lore, and that's upsetting me since I've loved the Warcraft franchise since the first game.

Given that Titan would have a completely new story, we can't compare it to a previous game and notice the mistakes in consistency. That's why nobody should complain about the power of certain characters. Each expansion of Titan they could come up with a new more powerful enemy without it breaking the existing lore. Titan's story will be made specifically for an MMO, so they know what works and what doesn't from the start.

That's a reason why I would prefer Titan over WoW as an MMO.

However, if Titan gets very popular and many people make the switch, I reckon that WoW might go free to play.
    Since it'll be massively outdated by the time Titan gets released, I think it's quite likely that many people switch.

If I could choose between playing the new Titan with a subscription, or an outdated WoW that's free to play, I think I'd choose Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can I know if I will move to so call titan if I don't even have a clue what's the game about.