Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Easter Eggs in Tyria?

Forgive me, I am a bit of a GW newb having never played the first. Is guild wars known for having easter eggs? I know wow has a nice variety of them and I enjoyed taking my guild out to see them. If GW does have easter eggs, how would you compare them to those in wow? This kind of stuff can really help a game become great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCroft View Post
    Forgive me, I am a bit of a GW newb having never played the first. Is guild wars known for having easter eggs? I know wow has a nice variety of them and I enjoyed taking my guild out to see them. If GW does have easter eggs, how would you compare them to those in wow? This kind of stuff can really help a game become great imo.
    There are a few, but most that I have seen are not as obvious as in WoW. Which, in my honest opinion, is better.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxCroft View Post
    yea they like to stick them in

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Drakes_on_the_Plain
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Annih...2:_Searing_Day
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tease
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/You%2...ne,_Mr._Grenth
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Polymock

almost 100% of shouts are some kind of pop culture reference
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shout

expect similar shenanigans in gw2
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-16 at 06:06 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

There are a some great hidden areas in each zone. They're generally hard to find/get to and have some nice rewards (unique events, special loot, or just awesome looking areas).

I don't know if they'll be in GW2 or not, but they definitely have them in GW1.

I haven't played GW1 very much yet, so I've only noticed a couple. One of them I found was a Matrix reference I'm pretty sure, I found a white rabbit and it started running around. I immediately thought, follow the white rabbit! I followed it, and it lead me into some cave where things started spawning and I died. I wasn't strong enough for that area so I didn't give it another shot, but I thought the 'follow the white rabbit' was cool.

The other one I just found today. There's NPC that asks you to help him while he rampages, his name is Killroy Stoneskin. You follow him around and help him kill some mobs, the last group of mobs is larger than the rest, and he runs right into it screaming KILLROOOOOOY STOOOONESKINNNNN!!!!!

I don't want a zone based around Indiana Jones and Rambo.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Given the hidden puzzles and things (they're name escapes me o.0) there will no doubt be many other easter eggs around. They love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Easter Eggs do not just include Pop culture references.
    It can be hidden zones, small surprises for doing things, references to other games, previous released games, pop culture, etc.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    there wont be any uldums

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 12:27 AM ----------

o yea, theres also these "proper" easter eggs from gw1

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Easter_eggs
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't know if they'll be in GW2 or not, but they definitely have them in GW1.

I haven't played GW1 very much yet, so I've only noticed a couple. One of them I found was a Matrix reference I'm pretty sure, I found a white rabbit and it started running around. I immediately thought, follow the white rabbit! I followed it, and it lead me into some cave where things started spawning and I died. I wasn't strong enough for that area so I didn't give it another shot, but I thought the 'follow the white rabbit' was cool.

The other one I just found today. There's NPC that asks you to help him while he rampages, his name is Killroy Stoneskin. You follow him around and help him kill some mobs, the last group of mobs is larger than the rest, and he runs right into it screaming KILLROOOOOOY STOOOONESKINNNNN!!!!!
    I believe the White Rabbit is not taken from Matrix since that is just a tattoo and more taken from Alice in Wonderland

Crippling Shot
    Shatter your foe's dreams of becoming an adventurer with a single arrow to the knee

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippling_Shot
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the hidden Strawberry Garden just may be an Easter Egg.. and no i cant recall what video it was on >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Easter Eggs do not just include Pop culture references.
    It can be hidden zones, small surprises for doing things, references to other games, previous released games, pop culture, etc.
    I know, I'm just saying,

Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I agree, those have been overdone.

I hope I see a lot of easter eggs (sight seeings like the floating castle) connected to GW1 in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I hope I see a lot of easter eggs (sight seeings like the floating castle) connected to GW1 in GW2.
    I hope you can go to the floating castle, personally.
    I mean, the yogscast video mentioned something about 'trying to get there', which makes me feel like a dev tipped them off that you are able to port up there at some point.
    I'm hoping it's one of the dungeons, personally. Would be nice to explore something that was just scenery in GW1, with how much more open GW2 is.

Then again, regardless of how open GW2 is.. we still don't have wings. So who knows. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I hope you can go to the floating castle, personally.
    I mean, the yogscast video mentioned something about 'trying to get there', which makes me feel like a dev tipped them off that you are able to port up there at some point.
    I'm hoping it's one of the dungeons, personally. Would be nice to explore something that was just scenery in GW1, with how much more open GW2 is.

Then again, regardless of how open GW2 is.. we still don't have wings. So who knows. :P
    The Wizard's Tower is a big, fortress-like building consisting of a center tower and 5 side-towers. It sits on a mysterious rock floating in mid-air at the south-western edge of Kessex Peak.
    You can see the tower up close from Kessex Peak, and you can also see it clearly from the opposite side of the bay in the Fishermen's Haven and Stingray Strand.
    It is currently unknown who the wizard was that the tower belongs to and what powers are hidden in the tower, but a villain named Galrath seeks access to the tower. In the quest The Villainy of Galrath you have to stop Galrath from gaining access to the tower. In addition, the Cult of Verata has based its operations by the tower, perhaps also to gain access to what is inside.
    During the War in Kryta, Justiciar Marron attempted to finish what Galrath started by gaining access to the Wizard's Tower.
    This makes me wondering though, after seeing the Yoggs video and watching pictures, the floating castle is quite solid build. So unless there's a hidden portal somewhere I don't see us entering it. But it will be amazing if we can.

Edit:

The Wizard's Tower is a floating structure that once resided off of Kessex Peak during Guild Wars, at the central southern edge of modern Kessex Hills. It has since been relocated by its new owners to the southeastern edge of Kessex Hills. It was once rumored to house magical tomes and artifacts.
    Hmm, we might be able to enter it since there are new owners.

Hmm, we might be able to enter it since there are new owners.
    "It is rumored to house magical tomes and artifacts"?
    DON'T YOU TAUNT ME, ANET.
    I feel like that's not something they would put for something they don't plan to allow us to enter, but who knows.
    All I know, personally, is that I very much want to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    "It is rumored to house magical tomes and artifacts"?
    DON'T YOU TAUNT ME, ANET.
    I feel like that's not something they would put for something they don't plan to allow us to enter, but who knows.
    All I know, personally, is that I very much want to get there.
    It was once rumored but yes, who knows. I have an idea, take your Cow Launcher and grab a dozen Asura's. This plan cannot fail.

It was once rumored
    BAH.
    Oh well, time to get fancy.
    I'm too impatient to get a cow launcher, do you think an Asura would fit into my Charrzooka?
    Maybe set up an Asura Gate up there?

10+ Year Old Account