Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They got the same weapon dmg so it dont matter

Quote Originally Posted by aes0th View Post
    LFR elegon 2h or mogu'dar, blade of the thousands slaves ? Which one for off-hand as fury.
    Starshatter, as it has more Crit.

Deleted
    For a prot warrior

Ook's Hozen Slicer Upgraded 1/1 vs Gara'kal, First of the Spiritbinder (Heroic).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomani View Post
    For a prot warrior

Ook's Hozen Slicer Upgraded 1/1 vs Gara'kal, First of the Spiritbinder (Heroic).
    Fist of the Spiritbinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Fist of the Spiritbinder.
    Say what? That's an agility weapon with haste as main stat so I have no idea how it ended up on a warrior in the first place . Nevertheless, the huge ilvl difference probably makes it a better choice of those two (even though a pretty awkward one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Say what? That's an agility weapon with haste as main stat so I have no idea how it ended up on a warrior in the first place . Nevertheless, the huge ilvl difference probably makes it a better choice of those two (even though a pretty awkward one).
    Hey, you take what you can get when it doesn't hurt someone else in the raid

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, for a prot warrior.
    Elegion, the fanged crescent, heroic, upgraded 2/2
    or
    Kil'rak, jaws of terror, Extragem + 500 str gem, nonheroic, upgraded 2/2

Deleted
    I'm having the same options. I currently use Elegion due to higher devastates. The extra STR from the gem should be negligible with some vengence I think.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you considered the 320 Mastery extragemslot on Kil'rak?
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-02-18 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, and from a pure damage mitigating view Kil'rak probably would pull ahead. However when I'm causing a wipe or draining healers mana its not because I missed a mastery gem or that extra parry from strength. Helping the raid to remove that <1% wipe would benefit my raid more in my opinion (Im doing 10mans btw).
    Worth noting since its a similar subject is that I'm using the Dancing Steel enchant.

As a bonus to this my Kil'rak is gemmed and reforged for my fury specc and provides a good use there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    .. Sure you´re not my secret twin brother? it´s the very exact same for me.
    Fine then, I´ll stick to Elegion. Thanks for the input.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    .. Sure you´re not my secret twin brother? it´s the very exact same for me.
    Fine then, I´ll stick to Elegion. Thanks for the input.
    Cant rule anything out...

Deleted
    I'm not sure if SMF or TG is the right choice for me ... At the moment I am wielding 2x Starshatter LFR but I also have 2x Kilrak, Jaws of Terror LFR in my bags (just got the 2nd one today). Can anyone help me with this? Oh btw, not sure if it matters but my gear is mostly LFR and valor point stuff so my av ilvl is around 480

@Slayerz
    The Kil'rak for sure, even more so if you have the prismatic socket, you should have the Sha gem by now too. If for some reason you aren't >20% crit it's going to be pretty rough until you get more gear.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Thanks for your help Adsertif! I do have over 20% crit at the moment, but i reckon i will lose that when I go for the Kil'rak setup. I'll just give it a shot I guess and see what happens

Ideally you'd want a Scimitar off Un'sok in your OH, but a Kilrak with the socket is about just as good.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

I've got a warrior applying to my guild and he has the normal 1h sword off of sha of fear and the fist weapon off of grand empress and he's telling me that its better for him because of the crit. I'm a bit suspicious of this but is the fist weapon really a viable weapon for smf warriors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser55 View Post
    I've got a warrior applying to my guild and he has the normal 1h sword off of sha of fear and the fist weapon off of grand empress and he's telling me that its better for him because of the crit. I'm a bit suspicious of this but is the fist weapon really a viable weapon for smf warriors?
    Yes, the fist weapon is a decent substitute if you are unlucky with drops. Usually you would use it in Main hand due to superior itemlevel over any other wep you currently have. He will still gain the stats from the weapon however he will loose out on some str since the agility gives him next to nothing.

What exactly is he claiming the the claw is better than? What are his alternatives? Is it related to Mainhand or Offhand?

Hello,

I have recently obtained LFR Scimitar of Seven Stars x2, but I am unsure whether to use these two newly obtained weapons or to stick with my current setup of LFR Shink'a and LFR Starshatter (still have not obtained sha gem). Also I am human so I can benefit from the +1% expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
    Yes, the fist weapon is a decent substitute if you are unlucky with drops. Usually you would use it in Main hand due to superior itemlevel over any other wep you currently have. He will still gain the stats from the weapon however he will loose out on some str since the agility gives him next to nothing.

What exactly is he claiming the the claw is better than? What are his alternatives? Is it related to Mainhand or Offhand?
    He has normal kilrak in his main hand and the fist weapon in his off hand. I'm aware that weapon damage is the biggest dps increase (somewhat standard among melee and hunters to begin with), but from the way he was telling me it sounded as if he passed on a second kilrak to have the claw, which once again confuses me. I even offered before our raid tuesday (we're just going to flat out bash ourselves against heroic HoF till patch) to do a quick ToES to see if another sword drops and he wasn't having it.