Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Tell me, how many people didn't regret tribute tattoos? How do they stack up against people that did?
    Obviously I don't have statistics, but I've certainly covered up more than I've given. It's the single biggest reason people want cover-ups.

Point is - at a young age we're invincible and full of certainty that this is who we are and what's true for us now, will remain so for the rest of our lives - much less so when we've lived and matured a little. And it'd suck hard to carry something around in your skin that makes you feel like a fool for either having been silly, young and idealistic, or worse; having had your trust broken or your tribute ignored. While I'm all for expression in tattoos, there are certain things that are more lasting than a teenager's feelings.

If you tattoo yourself, you should get something done that has more to do with who YOU are and what makes/made you happy. If this friendship is very important to you, then get something that will remind you on your friendship, not of her struggle. You can look back on that tattoo and remember the wonderful times that you had with this friend, despite what may happen in the future.

I'm not sure if you're a boy or a girl. If you're a guy, getting a tattoo on your shoulder of birds is kind of gay.

Besides, any tattoo shop that is worth going to won't give a 16 year old a tattoo. Good parents won't allow it, either.

But if you want it, go for it. I wanted to do something similar when I was exactly that age and now I think the idea was stupid. Take from that what you will. A bad tattoo stays with you and dedicating a tattoo to an anorexic friend is lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    She will have 20 kids by 40 different fathers and live off state income.
    While this may be OT, I'm fairly certain you need to go back to highschool.
    I am in college, in my last year. It's called mindfucking. You have fallen for it and this has angered you. That feeling in your head is you being violated.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes View Post
    Hello folks,

I am turning 16 years this thursday. A very special person to me, my best friend, she has anorexia. She means a lot to me, nobody means more to me than her. And I decided to dedicate a tattoo to her. It won't be big, on my right shoulder 3 flying birds. It means that she has to open her wings, and see what this world has to offer more than diets.

I wanted to share this story with you guys and I wanted to hear your opinions. I don't need posts like: Omg you are so stupid you are ruining ur body. Honestly I am not, I want this with all my heart.

Thanks for your time and opinions,
    Just a query:

How will you feel if she dies due to the disease, and you had to see that tat every day of your life?

If it were me, I would do something more meaningful, like actually help her. Tattoos are for you, not for others.

Its the same thing as "liking" a status on facebook to end world hunger. Get up and start somewhere if you want to help directly. Awareness without action is pointless.
    dictated but not read.

Y

Y in the modern english language. A rune for life a few hundred to a thousand years ago though. I have it on my right wrist guiding my actions.

I think theres a few other things you can do to show that you care, I really wouldn't get a tattoo yet, and it should be something that relates to you not someone else, unless like someone said its family

Mine personally, is the wado ryu badge with the date I got my first dan underneath it, however its been done so I can have another one on top of it, from the club im currently with now, so it can form a new badge representing both clubs when I go my next grade with them,

something like that, is what you should get tattoo'd, something that no one can take away from you, a achievement
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I won't try and talk you out of it, but know this. I'm 37 and all the people who were my BFFs when I was 16, including the ones I grew up with and even the one I married are no longer in my life. Things change, people change and given the opportunity, will usually disappoint you. Think about it more.
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Obviously I don't have statistics, but I've certainly covered up more than I've given. It's the single biggest reason people want cover-ups.

Point is - at a young age we're invincible and full of certainty that this is who we are and what's true for us now, will remain so for the rest of our lives - much less so when we've lived and matured a little. And it'd suck hard to carry something around in your skin that makes you feel like a fool for either having been silly, young and idealistic, or worse; having had your trust broken or your tribute ignored. While I'm all for expression in tattoos, there are certain things that are more lasting than a teenager's feelings.
    I get where you're coming from, I really do - but no one in this thread knows a damn thing about the OP. Honestly, there's no real point to anyone giving him advice.

Deleted
    Hello folks,

I am turning 16 years this thursday. A very special person to me, my best friend, she has anorexia. She means a lot to me, nobody means more to me than her. And I decided to dedicate a tattoo to her. It won't be big, on my right shoulder 3 flying birds. It means that she has to open her wings, and see what this world has to offer more than diets.

I wanted to share this story with you guys and I wanted to hear your opinions. I don't need posts like: Omg you are so stupid you are ruining ur body. Honestly I am not, I want this with all my heart.

Thanks for your time and opinions,
    It already sounds like a great idea, dont listen to anyone trying to tell you otherwise, seriously..

You need to live alittle, if it feels like the right thing to do, then do it, just make sure you find a good tattoo artist that really knows what he/she is doing, nothing worse than a lovely thought and a horribly executed tattoo.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    I won't try and talk you out of it, but know this. I'm 37 and all the people who were my BFFs when I was 16, including the ones I grew up with and even the one I married are no longer in my life. Things change, people change and given the opportunity, will usually disappoint you. Think about it more.
    So what, you can still cherish the good times and memories... I got the name of my ex on my arm, I dont regret it, we had a good time together, and those are memories I probably will cherish for the rest of my life regardless, given not everyone is like me but... hey, focus on the bright sides.

I am hoping beyond all hope that this "friend" you are dedicating a tatoo to is not the same "friend" you spoke of in....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...riendzone-quot

Because if she is then let me tell you how absolutely wrong it would be to get the tat. I am ot even going to explain it...if you are not mentally capable enough to see through the haze of hormones and do the right thing then you are not mentally capable enough to understand anything I would say to you. I've been through those years...just like so many others who have responded and I never did anything out of the way stupid for anyone or anything even with my hormones raging.

Quit being an idiot and move on.

I can understand that you'd want to tribute someone you are close to but you are only 16 and things can change in the next couple of years, being friends for a long time doesn't mean shit won't hit the fan because trust me it can, it might be worth waiting a few more years before going a head with this.

If you just that adamant in getting the tattoo done then I hope you can hold yourself up if things do end up going tits up.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    do it! post pics afterrwards! ';..;'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus View Post
    I am hoping beyond all hope that this "friend" you are dedicating a tatoo to is not the same "friend" you spoke of in....

Because if she is then let me tell you how absolutely wrong it would be to get the tat. I am ot even going to explain it...if you are not mentally capable enough to see through the haze of hormones and do the right thing then you are not mentally capable enough to understand anything I would say to you. I've been through those years...just like so many others who have responded and I never did anything out of the way stupid for anyone or anything even with my hormones raging.
    I absolutely agree with this poster, especially if your friend is the same girl you're talking about on that thread.

I'm currently 21 years old myself and I've considered a tattoo for quite a while, but I'd never take a tattoo as a tribute to someone else. Especially if the decision is hormone-driven. I want to get a tattoo for myself, to remind me of the good things. Looking back at the ideas I had a couple years back I can't help but laugh at them. I'm so glad I didn't go ahead and put those plans in motion. I would've regreted them. A friend who has taken a couple tattoos told me that if you have an idea for a tattoo you want, one that has a meaning to yourself, put the idea aside. Think about it for a year or so and if you still find the idea great, it's meaningful enough to get inked on your skin if you wish to do so.

I'm definitely on the side of "Don't do it" with this idea. You can never be 100% sure you won't have a fallout, no matter how good your relationship is now. People change, situations change, everything changes. If you get a tattoo, get it for yourself and no one else. I'd be freaked out if any of my friends or my boyfriend would show up with a tattoo dedicated to me on their skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand you guys. But she has been there for me my entire life already and I am just sure that I won't fall out with her.

Well, danish footballplayer Bendtner was sure too when he godt a big ass fucking tattoo of his girlfriends name they broke up after weeks. Don't get a tattoo if it isn't family. but you decide for yoruself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see you have been thinking about this for a long time. You seem fairly certain that this is what you want, yet I as other people here gets the feeling that you are not quite so certain when it boils down to the action. Hopefully you know that not all bodies accepts getting inked equally so while you think of this as noble, you have a small chance ending up with severe skin conditions you never dreamed of.
    I got inked just before turning 17 myself, nothing special just a coloured dragon that I found cool at the time. I did regret it after a few years, now I just think about it as a prank I´ve played on myself Planning on getting my 2nd some time close to my 26th birthday with my daughters name etc. One that would really mean a lot to me no matter what happens

The best universal advice I can give you is this : When you are 100% certain go for it. If you are just 99% certain then DON`T do it. Doubt shows you that deep down this isn´t the right thing to do in the long run.

If you go ahead and get it done, I hope you will be happy with it for many years to come
    Last edited by Protonet; 2012-04-16 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    see when you reach 20, you will be physically sick at all the lame stuff you said and did at 16,

Deleted
    People have got tattoos for far stupider reasons. If you want a tattoo, and the legal requirements are fulfilled, think again, make sure you really want one and get it.

Birds are fine. If you fall out with this girl you'll just have some birds. Don't get a name. Even if you never fall out with her, name tattoos are tacky and unoriginal, especially when badly done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I get where you're coming from, I really do - but no one in this thread knows a damn thing about the OP. Honestly, there's no real point to anyone giving him advice.
    I'm inclined to disagree. He/she did, after all, come to ask for advice. Generally if people are hellbent on doing something, they'll just go do it without seeking out advice from total strangers. To me, that tells me OP isn't really THAT sure about the whole thing, or is at least considering alternatives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus View Post

Quit being an idiot and move on.
    If this is indeed the same girl then I can't tell you enough to NOT do it.

Was in almost the same situation when I was 15 (she had a lot of things troubling her, cutting herself and getting pretty skinny etc).

I'm almost 23 now and if I would've gotten a tattoo for her I would regret it every day.

If you really care about this girl, do something else that will actually help her get on the right path again.