Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Well, when I was 18 I was deeply in love with this girl. We where sure we would last a life time etc etc. After 1.5 years she broke up with me over a text, and said we should be friends.. We even tried that, and after 6 months of trying to be friends I can't stand the bitch.

I'm now 22 years old, and she's still trying to get in contact with me. And this is the girl I loved of all my heart and all that, now... meh that dumb girl is long gone. Glad I didn't get a ink of her or anything, would fit with the other "great" ideas I had back then.

So no, don't get a tattoo for a friend. She's out of your life in a couple of years. You'll end up with someone special, and BOOM no more time to hang with that girl.. or the other way around.
    It's so many other cool stuff you can get a tattoo of. Like me: I'm working on a bad ass pirat tattoo sleeve, traveling around and getting ink in different countries. A sleeve of memories for sure. My other one is not that well tought trough and, in my opinion now - dosnt seem to fit together... I started on that one when I was young and stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

My only strong concern here is that a 16 year old body is still shifting about. Noone that age should get a tattoo. Starts on your shoulder, winds up nearer your armpit.

Outside of that, I won't say you can't get the tat, but I will give my experience. I have a lot of ink. I got my first at 18. I'd spent years perfecting the image. It was the most meaningful thing in the world to me. Fast forward a decade or three and its the least liked of anything I have on me. I don't regret the decision, but I understand where I went wrong.

I really really REALLY advise you not to do it. I'm not against tattoos personally, but I think you're too young really, and I think that it's also not the best reason to get a tattoo. I mean... dedicating a tattoo to another person is... a really bad idea. It should be about yourself and what you thing expresses you. Not to mention that tattoos are supposedly permanent, and people change. It might seem like a good idea to you now, but you should give it some thought.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait until you're 18, better yet, until you're 20. Really, trust me on this one. You're 16 and you may think that's a great and good age, and think that this friendship is everything to you. I have yet to meet a 16 year old who didn't want to get a tattoo, and they all changed their minds at around the age of 18-20. Furthermore, friends come and go especially at that age, not always of course, but meh I just think it's too early for you to consider a tattoo for someone else.

You can be meaningful to your friend without a tattoo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Can I have a $1000? You seem to not care much for money. If you let friends steal your money then you shouldn't have a problem with some random kid on the internet.
    yes i do not care much for money, i´m not rich, i have what i need to live and be happy, friends mean way much more to me than some green/blue/yellow/purple paper, if there´s more to the story and it wasn´t about the money, i´m with you

what would move me a little, would be the "why" she needed the money, and wasn´t able to just ask for it, would be even more interesting since they were childhood friends

and sorry for getting offtopic, but i had to answer
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

i am covered in shark tattoos got my 1st one 23 years ago and added since i have my theme.

p.s your 16 m8 your too young 18 is legal tattoo age limit come back whenyour a big boy.

beyond all the philisophical reasons to get or not get the tattoo..

3 birds is definitely a girls' tattoo. if you're gay I am not judging but don't expect any dudes to think your "tat is cool brah"

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Yeah, unless your parents force you to move away forever before then..... or her parents force her to move away forever

And if you're a guy... why isn't she your girlfriend if you're so close? O_o

Also wouldn't it be better if she defeated anorexia and then she got the symbolic tattoo?
    im assuming a friendzone situation. hoping the tattoo will impress to fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes View Post
    I understand you guys. But she has been there for me my entire life already and I am just sure that I won't fall out with her.
    Your 16. Not yet lived a possible quarter of your life. Anything can happen, and you dont want a permanent reminder nor an ugly scar to remind you of what you once had.

I dont see how the anorexia should be symbolized. if you want to celebrate or support her, then help her.

When i was 16 i wanted a Chinese dragon tattooed over my shoulder and down my arm. Decided to wait a fair amount of time before choosing to get it. And i never got it, because i got over that fad, and moved on from that part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    As noble and as righteous this cause may seem to you now, there are easier and more meaningful ways to impact somebody's life than simply inking yourself. I highly advise against this as your young age (like it or not) will cause you to not care, or convince yourself that you will not care, that you will have such a long-lasting impression on yourself from this person, and anyone else you might share this tattoo with.

For all you know this 'she' could slash your tires or break your heart in a couple years.

I had a friend who was friends with this girl for over 10 years, and he caught her stealing a jar of loose change he had been saving for his son for school. There was over $1000 in this jar (it was huge). She tried desperately to lie herself out of the situation, but it just goes to show that anybody can have a moment of insanity that ruins their reputation with you... forever.

So, don't ink yourself and have to regret it 10 or 15 years down the road. Hell, you might even think of a better tatoo to put in the same spot.

This.
    I wouldn't explain that any better.
    DO NOT DO THAT TATTOO.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    1 - 3 Birds flying around to symbolise somebody "spreading their wings" is really cheesy. Your opinion of this is going to change in the coming 5 years... trust me.
    2 - You're in no position to tell her she needs to spread her wings. Yes you might think you know what's better for her, and perhaps you're right. But putting your opinion down permanently with ink on your body, is a really pushy way to show your opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc9f65e4fdef; 2012-04-22 at 04:05 PM.

Honestly, the only valid argument I've heard here is that the poster is 16, and it's illegal to get tattooed without parental consent at that age (in the US). All the rest, possible regrets, possible friendship falling out, etc are simply life. All those things are part of life, and they shouldn't keep you from living your life how you want. If other people want to live their lives afraid of future possible outcomes, well those are the people who have entirely different regrets when they are older. I say, if a feeling moves you to make a gesture to celebrate a friendship, then do it. Tattoos can mean different things to you at different stages of your life, so even if there IS a friendship falling out, the tattoo might remind you of the good times, or to remind you that people can change, or simply remind you of your youth. And if one day you really regret the tattoo and can't stand it any more, tattoos can be removed or covered up. They aren't as dramatically "forever" as people make them out to be, if you don't ant them to be.

Also, while I'll agree 16 is legally too young to get tattooed, the idea that you are young and your brain is still developing into who you will become... eh, bullshit. For one, there is no magic age when that stops. I'm not the same person I was at 16, but I'm not the same person I was at 25, or the person I was at 30 either. But I'm also not that different than my 16 year old me, or the 25 or 30 year old me. Nothing I did or wanted to do at 16 would I feel to be too unlike the me of today. If things don't work out the way you wanted them to in life sometimes, that's part of growing and developing, but that doesn't mean you should regret the honest intentions and feelings that went into them.
    Last edited by Thedweller; 2012-04-22 at 04:10 PM.

Birds spreading their wings is cheesy as hell. Get a swastika.

On the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedweller View Post
    Honestly, the only valid argument I've heard here is that the poster is 16, and it's illegal to get tattooed without parental consent at that age (in the US). All the rest, possible regrets, possible friendship falling out, etc are simply life.
    The reason it is illegal at 16 is because it is believed that at 16 you can't make such a decision yourself and require an adult's perspective. The part you agree with is the part you disagree with.

the idea that you are young and your brain is still developing into who you will become... eh, bullshit. For one, there is no magic age when that stops.
    the brain stops developing in mid 20s. http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...-Research.aspx
    Last edited by Annapolis; 2012-04-22 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say do not do.
    Buy her flowers and take her to a movie instead.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle