Problems Pre-Purchasing

I've been trying to pre-purchase off of the guildwars2 website for like a week now, and I keep getting "credit card information is not valid". I just double checked my accounts today, and have plenty in both Checking and Savings to cover the game. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Erela View Post
    I've been trying to pre-purchase off of the guildwars2 website for like a week now, and I keep getting "credit card information is not valid". I just double checked my accounts today, and have plenty in both Checking and Savings to cover the game. Any ideas?
    Connect it to a PayPal and use PayPal, I guess. (I don't even know if you can use PayPal on the GW2 site, but PayPal usually solves these problems when I encounter them).
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Stupid to ask but, are you sure that your card type is there?

I've been confused before with Maestro and Master Card logos >.<

Otherwise, I have no idea, sorry. It's either something with your card not working, or it's something wrong with their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Stupid to ask but, are you sure that your card type is there?

I've been confused before with Maestro and Master Card logos >.<

Otherwise, I have no idea, sorry. It's either something with your card not working, or it's something wrong with their website.
    And, a simple thing many overlook, have you selected the proper card type when filling it out. Not calling you stupid, just sayin' we've all been there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Connect it to a PayPal and use PayPal, I guess. (I don't even know if you can use PayPal on the GW2 site, but PayPal usually solves these problems when I encounter them).
    Not sure if this is really helpful, but GW2 accepts Paypal.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Yeah, I have a VISA card, and I have that selected. I was trying to avoid doing PayPal because it takes a few days to transfer the money over, iirc, but I guess I've wasted like a week not doing it so maybe I should just get it over with. I know its not my card either, because I make online purchases (through Steam, etc) all the time, and haven't really had trouble before.

Yeah, I have a VISA card, and I have that selected. I was trying to avoid doing PayPal because it takes a few days to transfer the money over, iirc, but I guess I've wasted like a week not doing it so maybe I should just get it over with. I know its not my card either, because I make online purchases (through Steam, etc) all the time, and haven't really had trouble before.
    Try and buy something with your card, like a box of candy and see if the purchase goes threw.

What happens sometimes with my card is that a purchase will be declined for whatever reason (wrong pin etc) and the company will shut down your card till you call them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Try and buy something with your card, like a box of candy and see if the purchase goes threw.

What happens sometimes with my card is that a purchase will be declined for whatever reason (wrong pin etc) and the company will shut down your card till you call them.
    I just used it at my bank today to transfer money, and withdraw some. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but do you think I'd still need to make an actual purchase to test it?

I just used it at my bank today to transfer money, and withdraw some. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but do you think I'd still need to make an actual purchase to test it?
    If you can withdraw money, probably not.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

And then suddenly after trying it like 100 times, it worked o_O

I haxed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlek View Post
    I haxed it for you.
    <3, I'll send you many moneys.

Did you change anything?
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

Deleted

Problems with Pre Purchase

Hey, just thought i'd throw this in i'm having problems myself too. Whenever I fill in my details for the pre purchase it's fine until I enter my email? then the text on the side will change to "ORDER SUMMARY

Error retrieving order information. Try again?"

You click the try again, nothing improves. I use a visa card, i've done money transfers before and i've had problems with paypal so i'm trying to avoid it, any ideas?

Deleted
    Just remember that when entering your card number you are to leave no spaces between each string of numbers, at least while using a VISA.