Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    I do not use drugs. Have never used drugs, and never will use drugs.

Therefore I'm sure my opinion is biased when I say that most people wanting drugs legalized are drug users.
    My opinion of drug users are that they are all losers in some way or another... even successful ones.
    That you have to have a drug to help you cope or just live in this world tells me you are weak.
    I have no respect for drug users.

Futhermore, if drugs were legal, I think we could safely say that their use would increase, right?
    I don't want to be living and driving in a world where a large part of the population is driving around and operation machinery while they are under the influence of some sort of mind altering drug.

I can't see how every sane person doesn't share that opinion.
    Because that opinion simply isn't based in fact. At all. The "If drugs are legal, EVERYONE is going to do them" argument is absurd. The increase in drug use from legalization would be incredibly small. Almost anyone interested in doing drugs is already doing them. They aren't exactly a hard thing to find right now. Just because something is legal doesn't mean that everyone will be doing it. Alcohol is legal. Alcohol is far, far more dangerous than pot. Yet not everyone is out on the road drunk driving right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Therefore I'm sure my opinion is biased when I say that most people wanting drugs legalized are drug users.
    My opinion of drug users are that they are all losers in some way or another... even successful ones.
    That you have to have a drug to help you cope or just live in this world tells me you are weak.

Futhermore, if drugs were legal, I think we could safely say that their use would increase, right?
    I don't want to be living and driving in a world where a large part of the population is driving around and operation machinery while they are under the influence of some sort of mind altering drug.

I am a sane person, who does not use drugs, even legal ones like alcohol, very rarely. Just because your opinion is that all drug users are losers does not make it true. If these drugs were legalized their use would only increase shortly right after the legalization occured because it would be a new cool thing. Then the people who really like to do it all the time will, and those who don't want to won't just like it is currently with alcohol.

And just because alcohol is legal does not mean everybody is drunk driving, yes there is some drunk driving, but not everybody who drinks is dumb enough to also get in a car.

I can see how you can have this opinion, but it is rather uninformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people see "Legalization of Drugs" and go all derpy.

Should Marijuana (not a narcotic) be legalized? Yes, I think its possible to be managed in a way that benefits everyone.
    Should Cocaine, Heroine, and other narcotics be legalized? No. Absolutely not. Period. There isn't a discussion here.

The problem is that both government, and people in general, lump these two things together as "drugs" when it comes to legality and medical concern.

Coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, any number of prescription drugs.....

The vast majority of recreational drug users do not use it as a coping device. It's for recreation (fun)

Not exactly, most people who want to use drugs will use drugs, legality doesn't play a major issue in that. However increased use does not automatically make it a bad idea.

Sadly you already do.

Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Because we wouldn't have measures similar to alcohol legislation to prevent those things. Also alcohol is legal so you can say the same thing about it and if you've ever once been drunk or even buzzed you're a hypocrite. Also have you ever used caffeine to cope with the world? To get up after a long night? If you have you've used a drug.
    Actually I should have said something about alcohol you're right, I have used that on occasion. However I do not drive or even go out in public when that is the case.
    And as far as "drugs" I assume that we are all talking about the same thing... please do not give me the caffeine argument.

On a lighter note, I should have proof read this, it looks like I typed up while under the influence of drugs... leaving as is for the laughs.

do you drink alcohol?

Deleted
    Alchool and tobacco are legal drugs, every year legal drugs make ten times the victim of the illegal drugs, this means that legalizing a drug make its impact more destructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I should have said something about alcohol you're right, I have used that on occasion. However I do not drive or even go out in public when that is the case.
    And as far as "drugs" I assume that we are all talking about the same thing... please do not give me the caffeine argument.
    Caffine is a drug get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the USA should turn around and make this a real WAR, pull troops from around the world and invade and destroy these cartels at the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a very off topic note. I have family member who take anti-depressants and anti-psychotic meds... and while the doctors were trying to get the dosage right, they were more screwed up than I have ever been on any kind of illegal or legal substance.

Just my non-contributory 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Caffine is a drug get over it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

get to reading

Why is caffeine a less serious drug than marijuana?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    I think the USA should turn around and make this a real WAR, pull troops from around the world and invade and destroy these cartels at the source.
    I'd rather pay for that with my tax money than invading other countries around the world, I mean Mexico is tied with pakistan for the Most dangerous country in the world currently.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A lot of people see "Legalization of Drugs" and go all derpy.

Should Marijuana (not a narcotic) be legalized? Yes, I think its possible to be managed in a way that benefits everyone.
    Should Cocaine, Heroine, and other narcotics be legalized? No. Absolutely not. Period. There isn't a discussion here.

The problem is that both government, and people in general, lump these two things together as "drugs" when it comes to legality and medical concern.
    Why shouldn't those drugs be legalized? And what about just decriminalizing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a stimulant drug.

I suffer EXTREME withdraws with so much as 2 days without caffeine.

Massive headaches (bad enough that it hurts to look at things), dizziness, irritability, even difficulty thinking. From not taking it for 2 days because we're out of soda or I'm trying to cut back.

That makes it an addictive, harmful substance: if you suffer problems when you don't take it, it's a drug. Especially so if it gives a benefit for taking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    "stimulant drug"

are you proving him right?

Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a stimulant drug.
    yeah, i quoted the wrong person, meant to quote the guy you had quoted:P either way, caffeine is a drug.

I'd rather pay for that with my tax money than invading other countries around the world, I mean Mexico is tied with pakistan for the Most dangerous country in the world currently.
    Or we could just... legalize/decriminalize the drugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And what about just decriminalizing them?
    no no, make it even worse for them. label those that sell drugs as traitors (you can make up some thing like "they are destroying our children, our country's very backbone" and feed it to the public) and give back public executions. the issues is that the law does nothing to discourage breaking it, so nobody fears the penalties.