Crysis 3 announced for spring 2013

http://crysis.ea.com/en_US/crysis3

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...n-spring-2013/

EA announces that its sci-fi shooter sequel will be set in the "urban rainforest" of New York and is due out in spring next year.

Crysis 3 will be released for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC in spring next year, EA has announced.The Crysis 2 follow-up, set in 2047, sees returning character Prophet discover New York sealed inside a dome by the nefarious Cell Corporation. Under New York's Liberty Dome, the city has become an "urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers," according to EA, and is split into seven distinct and treacherous environments known as the Seven Wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be interesting, not a huge fan of the series but fun to play.
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-04-16 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    I hope it has a bit more open world like crysis 1 did, didn't really like the city theme of the second game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The synopsis of the game's environment sounds awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I hope it has a bit more open world like crysis 1 did, didn't really like the city theme of the second game.
    They took the forests from 1 and the cities from 2 and are making them into ... I daresay ..... Citrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

So it's basically a corridor shooter a'la Crysis 2 but with more trees for the scenery?

It's not like current generation consoles suddenly got more power to render larger areas unless they really want to tone down graphics again (Which they probably won't do)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I loved the first Crysis + Warhead. Hopefully they'll make Crysis 3 a huge open world map again

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I loved the first Crysis + Warhead. Hopefully they'll make Crysis 3 a huge open world map again
    Not with this generation of consoles if they want to keep up the graphics
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Im very much steering clear of this. Crysis 2 was a pretty big disappointment for me.

Deleted
    God I'll have to upgrade my whole setup to play that game like the last two times hahaha

Loved the first one. Disappointed by the second. Gonna hold onto my money for a while with this one...

Cryengine 3 and a New York setting? Sounds more like "Crysis 2: Warhead" to me. I doubt it will be much better than Crysis 2, and that game sucked. But who knows, maybe they will pull off something amazing, I however highly doubt it. Even the internet page looks low-budget.

Hope it's more in the style of the first, the second one feels nowhere near as epic...even the AI seemed a lot more realistic in the first. Don't really have my hopes up too high though, Crysis 2 only made a potentially great series a lot worse, and I don't expect much to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crysis 3 teaser trailer. The full gameplay trailer will be released on April 24th.

The teaser looks good so far, hopefully the gameplay trailer will be promising. So far Crysis 3 looks too much like Crysis 2, which is bad

I'm planning on replaying Crysis 1 aswell, this time on Nightmare difficulty.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a try but not going to be on the edge of my seat waiting for it like I'm currently doing for d3/gw2.

Crysis 2 was a HUGE letdown. They had 0 followup for the events in C1/Warhead while introducing new array of characters with a subpar story riddled with plotholes.

Crytek (or EA) also messed up the release for PC. Multiplayer was infested with hackers with no response from Crytek for almost a month. Textures were clearly SD. HD textures and DX11 were released almost 2 months later.