Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hey guys,
    i got into a discussion with a guildie of mine. he informed me that I have too much aim. is that possible? fully buffed up I have around 2300. all soft caps met with crit being higher at 38% full buffed. is having too much aim a bad thing? do we have diminishing returns after 2300? my guildie believes after 2300 you don't see the return you get from power. is this true or am I crazy?

Kry'ss of the Bastion

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:15 AM ----------

makala, I don't think the increase from those 2 barrels is going to put you over 2000 from 1750-1830. maybe if you increased like half your gear up to 63's.
    Last edited by krysskallins; 2012-12-20 at 04:16 PM.

Haven't really noticed any bad side effects from too much aim. I sit at 2446 aim fully buffed now and over 2500 with the nightmare pilgrim buff. It seems to be helping me just fine. In fact I've been able to use less crit rating and more power as a result of the higher aim.

that's what i figured too requiem....i don't get why someone would think more aim is a bad thing? reducing crit rating used on items by having a ton of aim and then modding to have more power and such. how much crit do you get per point of aim?

Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    that's what i figured too requiem....i don't get why someone would think more aim is a bad thing? reducing crit rating used on items by having a ton of aim and then modding to have more power and such. how much crit do you get per point of aim?
    (( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AIM-Value / 50) ) / 2.5 ) ) )

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

omg keren stop making us try to do math! Like back in 1.2 with my setup I figured I was getting .00634 crit per point of aim but just glancing at that formula looks like it has changed slightly:P

but .. but.. but, I actually like math :/

=30% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( 1*1.14/50 ) / 2.5 ) )

1aim *1.14 = 0.009% crit
    252*1.14 (9% talent, 5% buff) = 2.25 % crit
    dont nail me on it :P was my little calc who have to produce that numbers ...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

omg math crits me for over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    hey guys,
    i got into a discussion with a guildie of mine. he informed me that I have too much aim. is that possible? fully buffed up I have around 2300. all soft caps met with crit being higher at 38% full buffed. is having too much aim a bad thing? do we have diminishing returns after 2300? my guildie believes after 2300 you don't see the return you get from power. is this true or am I crazy?

Kry'ss of the Bastion

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:15 AM ----------

makala, I don't think the increase from those 2 barrels is going to put you over 2000 from 1750-1830. maybe if you increased like half your gear up to 63's.
    The turnover from Aim to Power would be true at around 8000 or something? Until then.. Aim is better as it gives crit and with the class buffs you prefer more from it = can turn over any crit from gear into power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to have "too much Aim" is if you're grabbing the mods that give +72 aim and minimal power. That is ONLY because the Aim gain is a smaller DPS increase than it would to grab the high power mod.

I run 2450ish on my BH, so you definitely don't have too much.

Yeah I figured that guy was wrong. I don't want to be a jerk and just say he's dumb but I don't understand or know of a reason for any class not to have as much of their main stat as possible. its the main stat for a reason. (correct me if i'm wrong about other classes)
    Last edited by krysskallins; 2012-12-23 at 06:46 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes and specs actually don't benefit from straight main stat... a class that doesn't get a bonus to their main stat from their talent trees like Mercs/troopers do (+9% aim from talent) like marauders.

Annihilation marauders don't have a talent that increases their main stat.. most of their crit actually comes from their talent tree so i've found it best to just flat out augment and gear for as much power as you can. Carnage marauders actually get a better increase to dps from stacking their main stat. It just depends on how you spec your class.

BW has made it so that some classes are very cookie cutter (mercs) and some classes are good specced different ways away from a cookie cutter spec like marauders.

Lets see if my signature works

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:40 AM ----------

what do you guys think btw?

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 01:35 PM ----------

I know this has been covered before but it might be time to review it, but I'm not sure. I like to augment all aim, but I seem some mercs in my guild augment all power. Is this becoming a better idea or not? I know aim gives damage and crit where power gives a little more damage per point but no crit. Has this been re-weighed recently with the latest gear being out?

Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since no one has responded: Augmenting for Power over Aim is not necessary. Because of the Aim increase we get from Talents, still Augmenting for Aim yields a higher DPS increase than power.

Forsedar, did you ever get around to update your BH Aerro on Ask Mr. Robot?
    Aagain thank you for all the great information on here. I left for a while due to personal reasons and I am on my way back to playing this game. Ive missed out on a lot. Which is why Im greatful for you wonderful people

Damastes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damates View Post
    Forsedar, did you ever get around to update your BH Aerro on Ask Mr. Robot?
    Aagain thank you for all the great information on here. I left for a while due to personal reasons and I am on my way back to playing this game. Ive missed out on a lot. Which is why Im greatful for you wonderful people

Damastes
    I actually still have not got around to it. Heck, I don't think I've even logged on in a few weeks. Holidays and such will do that to a man. I come around and check these forums every few days though! Can't wait for holidays to be over with to get back to my old schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I actually still have not got around to it. Heck, I don't think I've even logged on in a few weeks. Holidays and such will do that to a man. I come around and check these forums every few days though! Can't wait for holidays to be over with to get back to my old schedule.
    mr robot still hasnt updated a lot of the new stuff. You can set mods etc though but they are missing a lot of the cartel items still.

Hey guys, can't even begin to tell you how much this thread has helped me. It's been the single best source of info I've come across as far as DPS Merc-ing goes. Thank you all so much.

So here's my current situation. I'm 4 armorings away from BiS (just got my hazmat ear! woo!) Buffed and stimmed, I'm sitting at 2428 Aim, 1114.1 Bonus Damage, and 35.06% crit chance. With my new earpiece I'm at 110.27% Tech Acc (100.27% ranged) and 76.28% crit mult. Is that too much accuracy? Swapping out an initiative enhancement for an adept would put me back at 108.68% Tech Acc and 77.74% mult. Haven't had a chance to parse the two options yet, so I thought I'd post here and see if you guys had any say on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick with the 100% accuracy so you can stay at 76% surge. Going above that serves no REAL benefit in comparison to dropping under that accuracy figure.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    just always remember that you if you have less than 100% accuracy you will always have a chance at missing.. even though its a 2 out of 100 chance with 98%... as min/maxing goes.. you want to never miss.

If you miss you do 0 dps.. always think that first

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    The only way to have "too much Aim" is if you're grabbing the mods that give +72 aim and minimal power. That is ONLY because the Aim gain is a smaller DPS increase than it would to grab the high power mod.

I run 2450ish on my BH, so you definitely don't have too much.
    So I have followed this fourm for a long time and it has been very helpful so thank you for that. I am only at about 2200 Aim buffed. and 30% Crit (unbuffed) 100%acc. and 74ish Surge. I am looking to upgrade my Mods and I see a lot of you guys have the Advanced Agile Mod 27 with the +44 power over the +72 Aim from the 27A would you still recommend going with the power over the extra Aim? for someone like my self that sill has a ways to go?
    Last edited by Ninjaswinger; 2013-01-08 at 11:05 PM.