Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where's your extra 20 power coming from? The one Aim augment? If it is, then I still think being slightly over accuracy cap is better then being slightly below. Still have the .11% chance to miss and knowing my luck, would probably make the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    Where's your extra 20 power coming from? The one Aim augment? If it is, then I still think being slightly over accuracy cap is better then being slightly below. Still have the .11% chance to miss and knowing my luck, would probably make the world.
    I actually dropped it to 99.89% to see if I would miss. Its been a couple months now and I have yet to miss.

(Edit: It was 98.89% before maxing out my companion. I didn't miss... ever (other than the offhand unloads that don't matter)).

Guess you're lucky then, I can't measure misses since I'm over. Dunno if your askmrrobot armory is up to date, I'm going to assume it's not since it has you at 922 power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    Guess you're lucky then, I can't measure misses since I'm over. Dunno if your askmrrobot armory is up to date, I'm going to assume it's not since it has you at 922 power.
    I haven't updated it.

Also I've been reading around about how you can be in the 98% and not get a miss on anything other than Rapid Shots. I have yet to get one so we'll see in the end. Like I said, its been months and months and my only misses come from offhands.

Edit: Even the BiS sim has accuracy at 98.89% (before adding in 1% from companion).
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-08 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Forsedar and Sysyx for the wonderful insight on what I should focus on. I know it will probably take awhile, but I now know what I need to work on. If I have anything else I will surely ask. Keep up the great work!

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATED:

Now added a note saying to max out your companion affection! The results give you +1% to Accuracy, Surge and Crit rating! Thanks to Nezra on my server for pointing it out! I had this feeling in the back of my head telling me I forgot something for SO long and could not figure out what I was missing.

Deleted
    Hello,
    Found this thread whilst looking for info on making my Merc better, cracking good read and it has left me with a couple of questions.
    My Merc's key stats are as follows. Aim 1947, Acc 101.10%, Crit 31.13%, Crit Multi 75.21%
    My first question is regarding aim. I've been advised by a few people on my server that 2k aim is what I should be aiming for. Is this true or should I be pushing for as much aim as possible? When buffed my aim is about 2069.
    With the advice on aim I'm not sure what stim to use for Ops. I'm guessing with my power only being 515 it should be the power one.
    Thanks again though for the post, the double dip alacrity idea was something I'd not come across before and am looking forward to trying it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be aiming for as much Aim as possible while maintaining a good amount of your other stats. That being said, you want to have all of your augments to be +18 aim while all of your mods to be +53 (so the secondary is +41).

You want to be ~35% crit buffed minimum. Your Crit Multiplier is at a fine amount. As for your Accuracy, you can most likely drop an enhancement or two (98.89% accuracy is sufficient).

As for your stim, use the Exotech Reflex stim. If you're looking for power, try farming the War Hero relics (x2) and use those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You should be aiming for as much Aim as possible while maintaining a good amount of your other stats. That being said, you want to have all of your augments to be +18 aim while all of your mods to be +53 (so the secondary is +41).

You want to be ~35% crit buffed minimum. Your Crit Multiplier is at a fine amount. As for your Accuracy, you can most likely drop an enhancement or two (98.89% accuracy is sufficient).

As for your stim, use the Exotech Reflex stim. If you're looking for power, try farming the War Hero relics (x2) and use those.
    Thankyou for the reply. I'm now keeping an eye out for Agile mods and Initiative enhacements.

I did a little tinkering with my augs to get the numbers where they are, I'll start changing things around once I'm full BH/Campaign which apart from both weaps is just my boots.
    Fully buffed with an aim stim the numbers are 2174 aim, 101.24% acc, 37.19% crit, 75.21% crit multi and 612 power.
    To get the crit multi where it is I put 6 blue surge augs in but once I have all the right mods and enhancements in place I will change those back to epic aim ones.
    I have the recruit war hero and the matrix cube in at the moment as I dont pvp. Everything is aug'd and I really feel my BH is close to where I want it.

Thanks again for the advice and the good read.
    Cheers.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 03:37 PM ----------

Just a quick note you can get the Agile mod and Initiative Enhancements from the BH Boltblaster MK-1 Gauntlets from the BH Vendor for 50 BH comms which will save alot of credits in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely work on getting those stats up without using Augments. All of my Augments are +18 aim, and thats it.

Off the top of my head, I think I can remember my stats:

Aim: 2354
    Accuracy: 99.89%
    Surge: 75.82%
    Crit: 37.22%
    Power: 1024

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I would definitely work on getting those stats up without using Augments. All of my Augments are +18 aim, and thats it.

Off the top of my head, I think I can remember my stats:

Aim: 2354
    Accuracy: 99.89%
    Surge: 75.82%
    Crit: 37.22%
    Power: 1024
    Coming into the new raiding content/tier of gear (yay for originality zzz) as player levels are not being adjusted yet I would assume the presumption for BiS gear will be to keep buffed crit/surge around 37/75% and then just focus on increasing aim/power? Obviously with the extra aim one may be able to drop an extra crit mod/enhancement and replace with a power one further increasing top end dmg. Your thoughts? Also its too early to tell without numbers being run but can you see any of the "new" PvE relics replacing Battlemaster/War Hero ones or the Matrix Cubes a this stage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    Coming into the new raiding content/tier of gear (yay for originality zzz) as player levels are not being adjusted yet I would assume the presumption for BiS gear will be to keep buffed crit/surge around 37/75% and then just focus on increasing aim/power? Obviously with the extra aim one may be able to drop an extra crit mod/enhancement and replace with a power one further increasing top end dmg. Your thoughts? Also its too early to tell without numbers being run but can you see any of the "new" PvE relics replacing Battlemaster/War Hero ones or the Matrix Cubes a this stage?
    We'll be keeping the same 'soft caps' because our set bonuses will not be changing. However, hitting the soft caps will be a little easier so we'll see our mainstat and power increase. As for the relics, Its safe to say the War Hero relics will still remain best in slot until the Elite War Hero relics come out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    aerroh are you still using the mk-4 ear piece? I don't see it on your mrrobot profile..

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    aerroh are you still using the mk-4 ear piece? I don't see it on your mrrobot profile..
    he probably is based on his power rating and aim...

that earpiece mocks me only seen it drop twice and lost both times!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am. I haven't updated my profile in ages and probably should do that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    he probably is based on his power rating and aim...

that earpiece mocks me only seen it drop twice and lost both times!
    I have yet to see it.. on countless runs! /cry

also.. I was gonna say that to Tensa.. thats probably where the extra power is coming from

10+ Year Old Account
    I was lucky to get the MK4 ear piece back when Black Hole gear dropped out of HM chests. Since we were clearing HM EC in April, we were able to loot multiple chests before the change. I and another Merc in the guild managed to get one.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    you lucky bastard

Deleted
    Hello everyone, I apologize in advance for my poor english.

I'm getting (with buffs +exo stim) 1650-1700 dps on the dummy. It's not bad at all but i would like to optimise it and I wonder how you manage to reach 1800 dps or more.

Mercenary 7/31/3

Aim: 2252
    Power: 962
    Accuracy: 99,89%/109,89% (285)
    Crit: 36,76% (235)
    Surge: 75,82% (285)

Opener: 3x TM > Unload > RS > HM > TSO > Power Surge > FM
    My rotation looks like this: Unload on CD (with or without proc) > RS > HM > FM (just if TSO and Power Surge is available).

I already tried to use FM more often by using it without TSO and PS but this did not really improve the dps because I’m getting heat problems that force me to use RS if vent heat is not available.

Another problem is that unload misses a couple of times. I do not know whether it is the off-hand or main hand because my parser does not show it. So i swapped one surge/ap enhancement against one with accurancy/ap to have 101,32% accurancy and i still getting misses from unload. Is it possible that the offhand misses even if you have more than 100% acc?

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to improve the dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    The misses you are experiencing are due to your offhand. You can't avoid those misses.

Also, I have 102 more aim, 62 more power, and 1% more crit than you, so that could be the majority of the DPS difference.