Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    I swapped a Dread Guard BA for an Underworld CN and noticed a dps loss on 5+ minute dummy tests >.<
    DG BA is even stronger than Arc BA... afaik we did already that discussion few weeks ago and came to BA / SA for BIS relics...

Is there a translation in this thread for Commandos? I have been rummaging through the thread but with 31 pages at 40 posts per page... it is a bit daunting. I am loving what I see but I am not entirely clear on how it translates to Commando abilities. It is especially difficult because the first 25 pages are from months ago and so much has changed so I kinda skipped to the newer conversations and have been working my way backwards. Thanks in advance.

short dumb out of my head..

Combustable Gas Cylinder Plasma Cell
    Concussion Missile Concussive Round
    Explosive Dart Sticky Grenade
    Flamethrower Pulse Round
    Heatseeker Missiles Demolition Round
    High Velocity Gas Cylinder Armor Piercing Cell
    Hydraulic Overrides Hold the Line
    Incendiary Missile Incendiary Round
    Jet Boost Concussion Charge
    Missile Blast Explosive Round
    Neural Dart Harpoon
    Power Shot Charged Rounds
    Rail Shot High Impact Round
    Rapid Shots Hammer Shot
    Rocket Punch Stockstrike
    Thermal Detonator Assault Plastique
    Tracer Missile Grav Round
    Unload Full Auto
    Vent Heat Recharge Cells Pulse Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    short dumb out of my head..

Cells
    Combustable Gas Cylinder --> Plasma Cell
    High Velocity Gas Cylinder --> Armor Piercing Cell
    Combat Support Cylinder --> Combat Support Cell

Primary Attacks
    Unload --> Full Auto
    Tracer Missile --> Grav Round
    Heatseeker Missiles --> Demolition Round
    Rail Shot --> High Impact Round
    Rapid Shots --> Hammer Shot
    Power Shot --> Charged Bolts
    Rocket Punch --> Stockstrike
    Thermal Detonator --> Assault Plastique
    Incendiary Missile --> Incendiary Round

AoEs
    Explosive Dart --> Sticky Grenade
    Death From Above --> Mortar Volley
    Flamethrower --> Pulse Cannon
    Sweeping Blasters --> Hail of Bolts
    Fusion Missile --> Plasma Grenade
    Missile Blast --> Explosive Round

Utilities
    Hydraulic Overrides --> Hold the Line
    Jet Boost --> Concussion Charge
    Neural Dart --> Harpoon
    Vent Heat --> Recharge Cells
    Thermal Sensor Override --> Reserve Power Cell
    Power Surge --> Tech Override
    I am working on sprucing this up for the Commandos here. Thank you for taking the time to get the template started. I made a few corrections and there are still a few things missing like what TSO stands for and a few things for the heals and such. This should help a lot.

EDIT: Thanks for the update. I will continue to edit this in order to get a fully functional translation and perhaps you could add it to the main post at the end.
    Last edited by XeroKill; 2013-08-09 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TSO = Thermal Sensor Override. Sorry, I need to get back to work! Someone quit so I'm working 50+ hours a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    TSO = Thermal Sensor Override. Sorry, I need to get back to work! Someone quit so I'm working 50+ hours a week now.
    Which in turn is Reserve Powercell

Edit: Which was already in the translation list, so it was just a question what ability the shorthand referenced I guess. My apologies.

Keren's Merc Sim Version 2.1.2. for better Firebug support: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...nt.php?aid=449

still no support for non office users curse your black heart! Im almost done gearing out here but Ive been missing a lot of raids due to poor health. Just need 2 implants, chest piece, and to win 1 OH for the enhancement and Ill be set. Gonna be sticking with the 240 crit rating it has helped a lot. Not quite optimal on my dummy parses though writing it off to latency delay with my 180-200 ms cant quite get my time on activation of next skill set right to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

wow did you guys read the 2.4 pts patch notes for BH? no love for arsenal all they did was lower the dmg from FT and reduce its heat by 1. Pyro seems to be getting a lil love though. I was really hoping for some arsenal improvements with our survivability to make us more useful to bring along to arenas.

its a nice read, but aslo read like they forget firebugs 100% procc with unload o0

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

Bounty Hunter

General
    • Reduced the cost of Flame Thrower to 24 heat (down from 25) and slightly reduced the damage dealt.

Mercenary
    Pyrotech
    • Increased Thermal Detonator explosion damage, but reduced the damage it deals over time.
    • Reduced the cost of Incendiary Missile to 16 heat (down from 22) and slightly reduced the damage it deals.

Powertech
    Advanced Prototype
    • Increased the cost of Immolate to 10 heat (up from 8) and increased the damage it deals.
    • Slightly reduced the damage done by Retractable Blade.
    • Prototype Cylinder Ventilation has been redesigned: While High Energy Gas Cylinder is active, players will vent 1/2 heat every 1.5 seconds.
    • Prototype Flame Thrower has been redesigned: Flame Burst, Flame Sweep, and Immolate have a 50/100% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, which affects the next Flame Thrower by increasing the damage dealt by 20%, reducing the heat generated by 2, slowing targets by 30%, and making it immune to interrupts. This effect can stack up to 3 times.
    • Prototype Weapon Systems now additionally increases the critical strike damage bonus for Flame Thrower by 10/20/30%.
    • Power Loaders now additionally increases the critical hit chance of Rocket Punch by 2/4/6%.

Pyrotech
    • Increased Thermal Detonator explosion damage, but reduced the damage it deals over time.
    • Reduced the cost of Incendiary Missile to 16 heat (down from 22), and slightly reduced the damage it deals.
    • Bursting Flame has been redesigned: Rocket Punch has a 33/66/100% chance, and if Combustible Gas Cylinder is active, Flame Burst has a 15/30/45% chance to trigger it.

Last edited by Keren; 2013-08-17 at 09:01 AM.

Someone wrote on the SWTOR forums that chaff flare (if specced into Decoy) can protect a mercenary from Doom in TFB NiM. Anyone here tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiasV View Post
    Someone wrote on the SWTOR forums that chaff flare (if specced into Decoy) can protect a mercenary from Doom in TFB NiM. Anyone here tried that?
    Yep, I've never needed it cuz we generally want to clear the circles if we can but as a last resort it can be used... There are a handful of handy situations decoy can be used to our benefit but not something I've done a lot of experimenting with... I would guess Kephess drop down it probably works, not sure about the bomber reticles on Thrasher... Some others I can't think of right now
    Pizza'dah'hutt: Mercenary - Arsenal
    <Suckafish> @ The Bastion

It says direct force or tech attack, which usually excludes anything that is aoe-like in nature.

It could work against Operator IX as well though.

Why do you want to clear the green circles btw? When we're trying to do it, we're happy to have as many green circles as possible on the ground, since it means fewer red ones (there can only be 12 puddles out total). Also, having green circles in the last phase means if someone does step into a red circle, they can clear the dot.

And there's the no dps loss due to running around like a headless chicken (ie clearing doom stacks).

Quote Originally Posted by MattiasV View Post
    It says direct force or tech attack, which usually excludes anything that is aoe-like in nature.

It could work against Operator IX as well though.

Why do you want to clear the green circles btw? When we're trying to do it, we're happy to have as many green circles as possible on the ground, since it means fewer red ones (there can only be 12 puddles out total). Also, having green circles in the last phase means if someone does step into a red circle, they can clear the dot.

And there's the no dps loss due to running around like a headless chicken (ie clearing doom stacks).
    Learn somethin new every day! we know you can clear red with green but were not aware there was 12 circle limit, thanks! We've made the fight more difficult than needed, however we've had so much practice (endless progression wipes) we don't wipe often on that fight anymore haha... Will be good to know for weaving in new players whom haven't had the practice though
    Pizza'dah'hutt: Mercenary - Arsenal
    <Suckafish> @ The Bastion

Deleted
    I usually use Chaff flare on the final boss freakout phases, see TFB and the Ilum version of Operator IX, works wonders.

Worth a try for 'The End' from Sunder, and in the AOE situations you mentioned.

I can confirm chaff flare working in this regard. I have used it to great success (only 1) timing has to be spot on as if it is spec into it will give you 100% protection from 1 attack. And you dont want to be hit just before the doom supposed to hit you

10+ Year Old Account
    I am posting to confirm that this thread may not be updated anymore (if ever at all). I am taking an extended break from SWTOR because of my feelings towards the game. I will still be moderating these forums, and joining in any discussion here- so feel free to continue posting! I know there are some members who regularly come here anyways, so its fine to keep at it.

Deleted
    From what I hear arsenal mercs are actually doing better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathlight View Post
    From what I hear arsenal mercs are actually doing better now.
    are you out of date or something? they are doing fine since 2.0 - they may be not the strongest - but for 8 man they the best ressource of armor reduce buff with decent enough damage

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I am posting to confirm that this thread may not be updated anymore (if ever at all). I am taking an extended break from SWTOR because of my feelings towards the game. I will still be moderating these forums, and joining in any discussion here- so feel free to continue posting! I know there are some members who regularly come here anyways, so its fine to keep at it.
    I am really sorry to hear this as I really enjoyed reading all of this information. Would anyone know by chance another website that has up to date information like this that I can continue to gather information from?

Thanks!

One for Odawgg since he is class rep.

I keep seeing that BW's intentions for a few classes is for them to be utility classes including mercs. Considering that we are not brought for our utility in raids (I may send off a kolto missile maybe ounce a week) would they consider changes down the track to the class.

The community doesn't consider us a utility. And we won't be brought to a raid because of this. If BW has a difference of opinion on our utility can they provide some metrics showing that this healing utility is useful in a raiding environment preventing a wipe if there is a prob with heals ?

I would be happy sacrificing utility to be a straight dps class