Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I will take that into consideration. And I noticed that you are on my server!
    Oh, nice!

I'm been adjusting to the massively dim witted population on the Rep side when it comes to PvP. I might look you up on the server on the Imp if you are willing to bring in a lowbie for the purpose of some mindless leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not :P Anyways, I'll see what I can do about a Trooper thread. I already get enough hate as it is so I imagine that someone may start pointing out that I don't play a trooper, even though its just the mirror of the class I play.

Started a Merc with Arsenal spec 2 days ago on Red Eclipse. Loving this class so far. You can have so much fun with it in combat, you can go fast and lose jumping around like a maniac and kill stuff really fast, but gaining heat like a PMSing girlfriend, or you can go the more steady route and stand at a distance perfectly still, systematically pwning the shit out of everything. Death From Above, sexiest attack I have seen in the entire game so far <3
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Heh forsedar I just realized I am now on your server as well. Name is Döminion. I noticed in your post there you said on pts with full augments and BiS you pulled more dps with full alacrity as opposed to the 6/31/4 build that I have been using on pts. I was wondering how much more? With my testing the full alacrity build was definitely more consistent on damage, but I found I was able to top out slightly higher with the 6/31/4 build just not on a consistent basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I've definitely seen your name around.

Anyways, I would say consistently I was pulling about 80-120 more DPS with the full Alacrity build after switching out my mods and enhancements for a lot more power. I think I dropped my crit down to 33% and my Surge to about 73%, but my power just broke 900. Also I am running 2400 Aim buffed.

Since the drop in crit, I was not gaining the Alacrity on crit as often as I would have liked, therefore the full Alacrity build suited me much better because of what I have done gear wise.

---------------------------

Also a reader has brought to my attention the changes that are going through with the PvP relics.

A Battlemaster Relic will give +103 static Power at all times, and a War Hero Relic will give +113 static Power at all times.

Just by looking at this, I think its safe to say that this will trump the +315 Power for 30sec that the Campaign Relic will be giving. There will be a full 1.5minutes of downtime in between uses of the Campaign Relic, where as the +103/113 Power will have 0 downtime and will be up at all times.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-06-19 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Oh I've definitely seen your name around.

Anyways, I would say consistently I was pulling about 80-120 more DPS with the full Alacrity build after switching out my mods and enhancements for a lot more power. I think I dropped my crit down to 33% and my Surge to about 73%, but my power just broke 900. Also I am running 2400 Aim buffed.

Since the drop in crit, I was not gaining the Alacrity on crit as often as I would have liked, therefore the full Alacrity build suited me much better because of what I have done gear wise.

---------------------------

Also a reader has brought to my attention the changes that are going through with the PvP relics.

A Battlemaster Relic will give +103 static Power at all times, and a War Hero Relic will give +113 static Power at all times.

Just by looking at this, I think its safe to say that this will trump the +315 Power for 30sec that the Campaign Relic will be giving. There will be a full 1.5minutes of downtime in between uses of the Campaign Relic, where as the +103/113 Power will have 0 downtime and will be up at all times.
    Yeah that sounds like pvp relics will definitely work better, but what about proc relics? I am really bad at math so I have never done the breakdown to see how much dps on average you would get with the proc relic compared to a straight power boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently out of town, but I will be back tomorrow to continue writing. I will update the guide as well once I get everything situated on my Mercenary. Anyways, can anyone confirm that the PvP Relics still have a static +Power on them? If so, I will definitely be grabbing the Battlemaster Relic and using that combined with my matric cube.

Also @Dakia,

I will see what I can do about making a Trooper guide as well, just for the sake of having it.

If you are going to make a trooper guide for the parallel spec to Arsenal you could just insert the terminology for the trooper side into your existing guide. Probably will make it easier to keep both updated and stuff.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that the Recruit pvp relic (Champion relic of boundless ages) is a static +97power

Battlemaster pvp relic is a static +103 power

War hero is a static +113

Deleted
    just started levelling up a Merc. and been reading over this guide which is amazing only thing that confuses me is the talent tree build think it's broken or something as it says most points are in the bodyguard tree and and 12 points need to be added still,anyone else seeing this ?(maybe torhead is bugged or something).

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryona View Post
    just started levelling up a Merc. and been reading over this guide which is amazing only thing that confuses me is the talent tree build think it's broken or something as it says most points are in the bodyguard tree and and 12 points need to be added still,anyone else seeing this ?(maybe torhead is bugged or something).
    Yeah, the TORhead build is broken right now.

Honestly, I'm not even certain that TORhead is being kept up to date by ZAM anymore. They don't seem to be active in updates and are missing a lot of information. I know that a lot of sites and people have stopped using it for reference.

Deleted
    what talent is used now after patch 1.3 since arsenal merc got all reset ?

and thanks for a AWSOME WORK wich all class have so dedicated a player keep it up :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I will switch where I get the talent build from and post it in a comment here.

I am currently working on setting up my Mercenary, so after I am done (and doing mulch that somehow I got roped into) I will update the guide and clean it up a bit to reflect on the changes.

Here is the optimal and most reliable build that isn't solely based around RNG:

New Mercenary DPS Build

You can always drop one point in Critical Reaction and throw it into Advanced Targeting, however, not having a guaranteed 5% Alacrity on crit has a great potential to gimp your DPS if you are having unlucky spurts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey forsedar.. I was wondering with the inclusion of having every single piece augmented.. would it be better to stack the overkill augments (18power 12endurance) over the reflex augments? I know that the reflex augments add to crit..but since power is a better dps per point than aim.. wouldn't it be best to use them?

14 augment slots x18 power/aim = 252 power/aim ... seems like a hefty dmg boost.. where as 18 aim is only .09% crit

so from my calculations.. (I could be wrong as its been a long time since ive done any dimensional analysis)...

1aim = .005% crit

I find that stacking a reflex augment in every stat will yield an increase of 252 aim and 1.26% crit...
    where as if you stack overkill augments.. youd end up with 252+ power..

Earlier you posted "The bonus damage conversion for Power is .23 per 1 power. Your main stat is currently .20 bonus damager per 1"

So from this we get (252power) x .23dps = ~57.96
    and with aim we get (252aim) x .20 dps = ~ 50.4

Please feel free to check my math.. but from my end it doesn't seem worth it to use reflex augments and that overkill augments will bring out a higher dps increase.. even though the difference is rather marginal... 8dps isnt much.. but as we are min/maxing here.. it seems better to use overkill augments.

Also on an unrelated note.. they buffed they matrix cube to 66aim, 56 end, 27crit rating. I'm wondering if it is better to use x2 of the pvp relics over the matrix cube and one of the pvp relics?

Also for those of us without access to war hero relics (currently).. is the champ relic (97 power) better to use over the campaign relic of boundless ages?
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-06-27 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have full Aim augments. I run 2300 aim unbuffed with 1,013 bonus damage. I actually dropped about 4-5% crit in order to get up to 989 power.

Your math is also correct. Power yields a higher 'bonus damage', but that is only because our bonus damage doesn't calculate the crit we gain from Aim. Even though it isn't much at all, getting the crit from +18 augments (x14) is great considering we can then drop a crit mod from a weapon and pick up a power one instead.

My stats in 1.3 are as follows (unbuffed):

Aim: 2300
    Power: 989
    Accuracy: 100.32% / 110.32%
    Crit: 27.57%
    Surge: 72.64%

This should give me the highest potential DPS output considering the fact that Crit is no longer our crutch. We vent 8 heat no matter what we are doing, so that allowed me to stack about 300+ more power which increases our base damage SUBSTANTIALLY.

And the relic question...

I went and did the daily and bought the Battlemaster Relic. If you have the time, just do the daily. It doesn't take long if you win and will give you enough to pick up the relic assuming you get max comms per match.

If you were to grab the BM Relic, it is overall better than the Campaign Boundless Ages due to the consistent +103 power. With an augment in it, you are getting +18 Aim/+103 power from a relic, which is just insane.

Of course, you should also be using the new and improved matrix cube with an augment.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome man thanks so much. Do you mind updating your mr robot with the mods and enhancements and stuff? Im going crazy trying to get it straight. Granted.. mr robot hasn't updated the items for 1.3... but names are good enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Awesome man thanks so much. Do you mind updating your mr robot with the mods and enhancements and stuff? Im going crazy trying to get it straight. Granted.. mr robot hasn't updated the items for 1.3... but names are good enough
    I'll do that right now. Check in about a minute.

Also, I have everything augmented (but I can't do that using Mr Robot since they're very restricting).

Edit: Fully updated.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-06-27 at 10:36 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    appreciate it forsedar... btw what is your name on Prophecy of the Five.. because I'm also now on the same server after the character moves

10+ Year Old Account
    appreciate it forsedar... btw what is your name on Prophecy of the Five.. because I'm also now on the same server after the character moves
    The name is Aerroh. You probably will see me in General chat every now and then.

Deleted
    So from this we get (252power) x .23dps = ~57.96
    and with aim we get (252aim) x .20 dps = ~ 50.4

Please feel free to check my math.. but from my end it doesn't seem worth it to use reflex augments and that overkill augments will bring out a higher dps increase.. even though the difference is rather marginal... 8dps isnt much.. but as we are min/maxing here.. it seems better to use overkill augments.

Also on an unrelated note.. they buffed they matrix cube to 66aim, 56 end, 27crit rating. I'm wondering if it is better to use x2 of the pvp relics over the matrix cube and one of the pvp relics?
    Your math is ok but you forget to take a few things into account

Aim is our main stat and it gets buffed in raid. While power on item never changes, your 100 aim on the item actually become 114 aim on your character when fully buffed (Ironsights talent 9% and mark of power 5%). Therefore:

Power: 252 * 0.23 = 57.96 dps
    Aim: 252 * (1.14) * 0.2 = 287.28 * 0.2 = 57.456 dps

That means difference is only .504 dps without crit and surge bonus, and that's on paper only.

As for war hero relics (113 power), they are pretty easy to obtain for 1250 rated and 200 normal wz commendations or 3950 normal ones. There is no rank requirement so everyone should be able to get 2x WH.