Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I am currently 7/31/3 for now.

Just updated my barrels and mods so my weapons are 150 rating now... 4k tracer missiles. I'm loving this.
    I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links
    Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...
    http://www.torparse.com/a/27628

Also, after some very sub par parses this morning...only about 1600dps...I switched back to 100% accuracy and it seems to have slightly corrected my dps loss on morning parses. I was chatting with another merc though about hitting the min/max numbers of 285acc,235 crit ,285 surge and I'm going to test with that as well. Will update with parse, but I need lunch first:P
    With the amount of broken stuff with mercs from patch I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up our barrels too:P I mean we already have 3/6 unload shots sometimes 4/6 as it will only do the final offhand shot right now. then the debuffs not giving UL the proper dmg it should be getting. Then tack on RS dmg being completely eratic as well as the 4 pc set bonus being a 50 50 shot if its going to even work for your heat Im surprised more people arent getting random parsing like me. I was tossing up 1950-2k parses before I 'upgraded' 2 mods and my barrel. I just wish bioware would fix stuff
    Last edited by Requiem4aDr3am; 2012-10-04 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm maybe I'm just lucky, since I was tossing up 7300 HSMs which I wouldn't have hit without both of my barrels being 27. Heck, on the last boss in HM TFB I was doing 7k HSMs every crit.

That's awesome. What are you parsing on the dummy with the new barrels?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links
    Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...
    http://www.torparse.com/a/27628

Also, after some very sub par parses this morning...only about 1600dps...I switched back to 100% accuracy and it seems to have slightly corrected my dps loss on morning parses. I was chatting with another merc though about hitting the min/max numbers of 285acc,235 crit ,285 surge and I'm going to test with that as well. Will update with parse, but I need lunch first:P
    With the amount of broken stuff with mercs from patch I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up our barrels too:P I mean we already have 3/6 unload shots sometimes 4/6 as it will only do the final offhand shot right now. then the debuffs not giving UL the proper dmg it should be getting. Then tack on RS dmg being completely eratic as well as the 4 pc set bonus being a 50 50 shot if its going to even work for your heat Im surprised more people arent getting random parsing like me. I was tossing up 1950-2k parses before I 'upgraded' 2 mods and my barrel. I just wish bioware would fix stuff
    This is what I was asking you about that one night dominion.... I thought it was heat problems because my dps on the first two bosses what just.... too low. I was trying to compensate by pumping out more abilities.. which obviously runs you into heat problems. I started paying closer attention and noticed the lack of unload.. and the erratic rail shots. Glad I'm not the only one =[ but still sucks
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-10-05 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    This is what I was asking you about that one night dominion.... I thought it was heat problems because my dps on the first two bosses what just.... too low. I was trying to compensate by pumping out more abilities.. which obviously runs you into heat problems. I started paying closer attention and noticed the lack of unload.. and the erratic rail shots. Glad I'm not the only one =[ but still sucks
    yeah I didnt really notice the rail shot problem until someone pointed it out to me, but the unload stuff is pissing me off a ton.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    agreed... very very frustrating...

10+ Year Old Account
    I just figure things will be fixed when they're fixed.

Saw that Noxxic updated their stat priorities to 40% crit. It intrigues me, any reasoning for or against this that people can see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    Saw that Noxxic updated their stat priorities to 40% crit. It intrigues me, any reasoning for or against this that people can see?
    With new gear, I believe the DR was slightly tuned (though no confirmation yet) which resulted in them changing their crit to 40%.

However, using SimCraft and other tools, the sweet spot is around 37-38%.

With SimC, in current BiS, crit is under 40% but the estimated parsing is above 2k. I'm still working on trying to get that higher, but it seems to be the best results. Nothing against Noxxic, their guides are nice on the eyes and easy to understand- but I don't think a lot of time goes into maintaining everything perfectly since they have so many specs to cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    I still show the 30%, not the 40%. I wouldn't be surprised to see stats get shifted with new content though.

P.S. Keep up the good work Aerro!

yeah Im dancing the crit border extremely close...I actually have under 30% crit unbuffed but now that my aim is so high when I am fully buffed it pushes me just barely over 35% which seems to be working just fine for me. My simcraft stopped working a while ago I might have to redownload it to fix it so I've been doing it old school pulling mods out and replacing etc while parsing on dummies. I recently tried a higher crit setup to see how it was and it was extremely unreliable...I was throwing up parses anywhere between 1600-2000. I'd rather stick with the consistent setup of 35% buffed crit and stacking that power. Currently fully buffed up I have 2405 aim and I like it *queue up katy perry's I kissed a girl song*

Deleted
    It intrigues me that you're looking at a theoretical fight and working back from that you remod and try to emulate that theoretical fight to achieve the dps it suggests.

I've never done simulations before SWTOR but I take my actual parses, the rotations I really do over ~10 mins or so for stability and adjust the damage output of all attacks on spreadsheets as power and crit change until I'm happy that remodding in a certain way will be beneficial to my dps.

All roads lead to Rome I suppose.

Anyway, as my build, my attack style, in the parses I use for my calculator go. I benefit most from a 38% crit rate.

After that the DR on crit means the attacks with the crit boost from talents are no longer paying back enough to increase the crit rate over power.

Small differences.

0.34% crit to 0.38% crit is a 0.27% dps increase on a single target.

This is at the expense of AOE damage though, AOE attacks would rather have the power than crit since they have no talent to boost them through crit*.

So yeah, Noxxic may have something in their 40% crit rate but I'm not buying 40% as being my ideal crit rate.

Mine may need to be higher than yours because I'm not actually Arsenal spec, but Noxxic puts the same thing for us all.

*Actually Sweeping Blasters does get a boost but too situational to care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    With almost full BiS, I'm doing 1900-2000+ parses in TFB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was over at Noxxic and saw they had listed Power augments for BiS. With the new gear being out is it needed to switch over to power or stay with Aim? I know my gear is yet to be BiS, but I like to see what I have to work towards. If so when would be a good time to switch over?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvonya View Post
    I was over at Noxxic and saw they had listed Power augments for BiS. With the new gear being out is it needed to switch over to power or stay with Aim? I know my gear is yet to be BiS, but I like to see what I have to work towards. If so when would be a good time to switch over?
    It is probably listing power augs as BiS because technically power does equate to slightly more dmg than aim even when using 9% talent and full buffs but its very very very minor. I would prefer to have the higher aim to increase my crit as well as dmg output. You only miss out on like 3 dmg pts by using aim over power but you gain enough crit to make it worth while. I'm now hitting 2419 aim when buffed and its giving me a substantial boost to my crit.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think when using full power augments the dps gain is 57.96dps.. (14augments * 18pwr)*.23 = 57.96dps

when using aim its 54.936dps ((14augments * 18aim)*1.09)*.20= 54.936dps, but with aim you get the crit also. So you're missing out on approximately 3dps but gain more than 1% in crit at the same time.

Its pretty much consensus that using aim augments is better than using power augments for mercs. This also applies to snipers as well.. pretty much any class that gets the 9% bonus to their main stat. Where as for a class like marauder that doesn't get that main stat bonus in their talent tree.. it tends to be better to stack overkill augments.

Exactly what dominion said.. just with the math involved <3
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-10-16 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    With almost full BiS, I'm doing 1900-2000+ parses in TFB.
    do you have some logs?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    do you have some logs?
    Currently on a trip visiting my girlfriend, so I only have access to my phone. I'll find some logs when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    I think when using full power augments the dps gain is 57.96dps.. (14augments * 18pwr)*.23 = 57.96dps

when using aim its 54.936dps ((14augments * 18aim)*1.09)*.20= 54.936dps, but with aim you get the crit also. So you're missing out on approximately 3dps but gain more than 1% in crit at the same time.

Its pretty much consensus that using aim augments is better than using power augments for mercs. This also applies to snipers as well.. pretty much any class that gets the 9% bonus to their main stat. Where as for a class like marauder that doesn't get that main stat bonus in their talent tree.. it tends to be better to stack overkill augments.

Exactly what dominion said.. just with the math involved <3
    yeah I have lost my math skills over the years...thats what happens when you earn history degrees...no math required!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I'll try to sift through my logs and find the TFB from a week ago.

Edit: My folder has been wiped clean so logs are a no-go currently. I'll get some good logs this week! (Tomorrow night)

Also, almost at 100,000 views!
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-10-23 at 08:49 AM.