Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Accuracy needs to be at least 10%, confirmed. Forget what you've heard about the potential 8%, the devs told us 10% boss defense and they're right. After substantial testing, we've come to realize that even though your logs may not record "misses" the numbers of hits to attempts don't match up when you're below 10%.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    let it be known... the black hole annihilator's mk-4 adaptor has finally dropped!

<-- happy merc

we got this week two hazmat ear, both didn't proc while dis-enchanting them.. was a bad flavor ^^

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    we got this week two hazmat ear, both didn't proc while dis-enchanting them.. was a bad flavor ^^
    Wow talk about lucky, we've done full clears each week since launch with 2 8 man raid groups going, and not one mk-1/2 sadly. I've given up even thinking I'm getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by swifterz View Post
    Wow talk about lucky, we've done full clears each week since launch with 2 8 man raid groups going, and not one mk-1/2 sadly. I've given up even thinking I'm getting one.
    iggy crafts the hazmat mk1 ear.

I'm on the bastion sadly :-/

Hey guys.. i'm new to posting here but just trying to see if im on the right track with my gear setup. I havent been lucky enough to get an MK-4 ear yet or the new hazmat implants so my setup might be alittle different than what your used to seeing. I have been trying to min-max and get the best dps i can without those pieces for now. I've heard that crit should be closer to 40% and that seems to be the biggest difference with my stats compared to you guys from what I'm seeing. Maybe swap my agile mods for nimble? Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated. Also i avg 1800-2000 on the dummy shrug. I cant yet post a mr. robot link but i've created one under Methidman (the shadowlands server) if you need to see what gear etc i have. thanks for the help.

server forum

Quote Originally Posted by swifterz View Post
    I'm on the bastion sadly :-/
    There is a forum post with high level crafters on our server forum. It's a little out of date, but it could be revived I suspect. Page 3 atm. I'd link if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikek View Post
    There is a forum post with high level crafters on our server forum. It's a little out of date, but it could be revived I suspect. Page 3 atm. I'd link if I could.
    Ya there hasn't been much to add to the list, Korrig is in my guild and tries to keep it updated. Just hoping someone gets the MK-1 sometime soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Methidman View Post
    Hey guys.. i'm new to posting here but just trying to see if im on the right track with my gear setup. I havent been lucky enough to get an MK-4 ear yet or the new hazmat implants so my setup might be alittle different than what your used to seeing. I have been trying to min-max and get the best dps i can without those pieces for now. I've heard that crit should be closer to 40% and that seems to be the biggest difference with my stats compared to you guys from what I'm seeing. Maybe swap my agile mods for nimble? Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated. Also i avg 1800-2000 on the dummy shrug. I cant yet post a mr. robot link but i've created one under Methidman (the shadowlands server) if you need to see what gear etc i have. thanks for the help.
    it seems all right - only thing taht you already saw yourself is to gain some more crit..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

thanks for this great info! with all of this i've gone from a fresh guild-less 50 in full recruit gear to a mix of columi/rakata/black hole, with the soft caps reached for everything but surge, recruited into a guild by someone i impressed in a group finder hm that wants me to raid with them, pulling about 1400-1500 dps on ops dummies, perfecting my rotation and heat management, and never being looked down on when it comes to dps or class knowledge. thanks to everyone who helps with this thread and of course Forsedar (Aerro) for compiling and breaking down the arsenal merc into an easy-to-digest and perform at high level of skill by just about anyone who can pay attention to priority systems and procs. seriously, i have to say that this guide is why, in less than a month, i went from fresh 50 to regular raider and contributor to other mercs i run with. btw the hm fp i did that impressed my guild recruiter was done in full recruit with some guy in at least full columi doing about half the dps i was doing. on top of that, it was my first time to step foot into that fp....lost island is good place to separate the scrubs from people who can understand their class and use it to the best of their ability.

with the praise out of the way, when it comes to rotations and heat management, i understand the priority system you list in the article, but when it comes time to manage a longer fight like a raid boss, when is the best time to blow vent heat? do you wait till you can't cast anything or do you blow it at a certain % of heat?

also, the priority system for over 23 heat, is that the order of priority of casts or is that what you should cast in order to get below 23?

Thanks for the help!
    Kryss
    Kry'ss Vau of the Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    with the praise out of the way, when it comes to rotations and heat management, i understand the priority system you list in the article, but when it comes time to manage a longer fight like a raid boss, when is the best time to blow vent heat? do you wait till you can't cast anything or do you blow it at a certain % of heat?

also, the priority system for over 23 heat, is that the order of priority of casts or is that what you should cast in order to get below 23?

Thanks for the help!
    Kryss
    Kry'ss Vau of the Bastion
    From the top of my head, (I wasn't raiding with my merc yet as only lvl 49) I would suggest whenever your Adrenal is running.

Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    I would say about 50% or 60%. If you wait until you're maxed then vent heat will only take you down to like 30%, which is not ideal. You'll be overheated again in no time.

It's rare that I have to worry about heat more then once a vent heat cool down. Most fights have plenty of running around and such that give the heat time to recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must apologize for my recent inactivity lately.

As an update: I have picked up additional classes- I am moving across the country in about a month and a half, etc. All of these things have recently stopped me from even longing into SWTOR and WoW.

However, come Thursday I will be active once again! Thank you to all of those who have helped maintain this thread and answered questions for those who needed it. I appreciate it seeing as I didn't have the time and I thank you for keeping this small community lively.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I must apologize for my recent inactivity lately.

As an update: I have picked up additional classes- I am moving across the country in about a month and a half, etc. All of these things have recently stopped me from even longing into SWTOR and WoW.

However, come Thursday I will be active once again! Thank you to all of those who have helped maintain this thread and answered questions for those who needed it. I appreciate it seeing as I didn't have the time and I thank you for keeping this small community lively.
    Hey, it's all good man. Real life DOES take priority, remember?
    Thank you for all the good work you have done, and will do in the future.
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Deleted
    Finally a good news with the 1.5. relique dps is better than the pvp one.

Now, for the new pve relique dps, it's 64 endurance +47 power and always the clicky 350 power for 30 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with the on-use relic becoming one of the new BiS items. Its great for situational encounters and will provide an overall DPS increase (though minimal).

Deleted
    okay who put the silencer on tracer missiles, seriously it doesnt sound the same playing my BH anymore! i dont play for a bit and it all changes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    okay who put the silencer on tracer missiles, seriously it doesnt sound the same playing my BH anymore! i dont play for a bit and it all changes!
    You mean our mini wrist rockets? I actually liked the old version haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm happy with the on-use relic becoming one of the new BiS items. Its great for situational encounters and will provide an overall DPS increase (though minimal).
    I was trying to find someone good with math to work out the actual dps of each relic vs the WH. Couldn't find anyone that could positively ID the pve relics being better. I will say this though I tested the kinetic dmg proc relic and during a 6 min 19s kill of dreadtooth at 4 stacks it proc'd 42 times for only 12298 dmg. Low hit 218 high hit 443 with 18 crits. It did not seem like it actually helped very much. Though if someone wants to do the math differential I guess the proc relic is 66 power less than the WH relic...so I guess the question is does the proc make up for the lost dmg from 66 power?