Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    *cough* * cough* ?!

that the BIS gear http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-7d493cb012f0 ?? - or does it need more crit?
    well if you go my simcraft numbers they recommend 235 crit rating for BiS. I personally use 217 crit rating because my aim is so high when buffed now that it makes up for the crit rating and Im able to squeeze a lil more power out...that reminds me I should actually replace my white power crystal with a crit one and switch a crit mod to power to squeeze an extra 3 power out of my setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    well if you go my simcraft numbers they recommend 235 crit rating for BiS. I personally use 217 crit rating because my aim is so high when buffed now that it makes up for the crit rating and Im able to squeeze a lil more power out...that reminds me I should actually replace my white power crystal with a crit one and switch a crit mod to power to squeeze an extra 3 power out of my setup.
    Hehe, already did that ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hehe, already did that ;P
    yeah well Im fat and lazy with a bad memory and I keep forgetting to do it:P

Perhaps I am "doing it wrong" as the title asks. I'm mostly BH gear with a few Rakata pieces, but self buffed on the OP dummy I was doing only about 1380 dps using only TM and Unload on proc. When utilizing the priority list, I'm dropping to 1140 dps on average. I know in actual boss fights where I'll be moving and need to use mobile type instant shots I'll have to use those, but for just a dps test, I'm losing dps adding in HSM and RS.

The dps tests are 3 minute timed rounds without using "use" relic, power surge or adrenals. Just basic dps and heat management for the 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Dreadnox; 2012-12-13 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how using Railshot and HSM on CD would provide a DPS loss. Both of those abilities hit harder than TM, so using TM in place of those would only result in a loss of DPS.

I don't understand it either, it's a small sample size (only 10 runs each), but it was nearly a 200 dps loss on average.

I'm gonna run the test again, only changing that I'll add at least an 84 aim stim. I really need to work on improving heat management as with these tests I'd guess that I'm running into approx 20-30 seconds over all of needed rapid shot time. If I can eliminate that, I'm sure the dps will improve greatly.
    Last edited by Dreadnox; 2012-12-13 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jeez. I find myself hardly ever rapid shotting... so yes, practice makes perfect!

Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but after 40+ 3 minute tests on OP dummy, I'm averaging over 200 dps higher going with only TM/Unload on proc.

I'd post my Mr. Robot profile, but I guess you have to have had a minimum amount of posts to be allowed to post a link.

Dread,
    This makes no sense at all. Do you have hvgc active? What buffs do you have active? What are your crit/surge/acc/power/aim totals? Do you have the 4-piece set bonus? What is your rotation when you use hsm/railshot?

With even tionese gear you should see an increase of dps when hsm/railshot are used. If you aren't, something is missing.

Kry'ss of the Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    Dread,
    This makes no sense at all. Do you have hvgc active? What buffs do you have active? What are your crit/surge/acc/power/aim totals? Do you have the 4-piece set bonus? What is your rotation when you use hsm/railshot?

With even tionese gear you should see an increase of dps when hsm/railshot are used. If you aren't, something is missing.

Kry'ss of the Bastion
    I do have HVGC active, and the only buffs I have is my class buff and a +84 aim stim. I'm also not using trinkets, pots or power surge. As far as my rotation, I begin the same way as stated in this thread. 3 x TM, Unload, Therm Sensor + HS, RS. Then back with the TM until unload procs or I get HS/RS off cd. Then basically TM's while using the priority of RS (because of heat costs), HS then Unload.

As far as gear, I'm all BH except for Rakata boots and implant along with the Dread Guard Relics. I only have the 2 pc bonus from the campaign armorings in my Head and Chest slot.
    Stats: Aim - 2019 // Crit - 29.34 // Surge - 22.08 // Accuracy - 100.3 // Power - 568
    Last edited by Dreadnox; 2012-12-15 at 05:51 PM.

Dread,
    Grab the 4 piece set bonus. You can get 1 or 2 more armorings for your gear to get it. It is super great for the heat free railshots. That will help with heat management a great deal and with that increase dps. I'm in full 61's with 3 63's from my dread guard boots and 1 58 barrel left on my mainhand. I got the BiS relics and bh ear/implants. all my soft caps are hit and crit is at 33 or 34 unbuffed (can't remember exactly, at work). when full buffed im at 38% crit, 75 surge, 100.1 acc, about 600 power, and like 2200 aim. I easily do 1600dps with the rotation/priority system without trying. if im paying attention i'll run at around 1750-1800 dps.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnox View Post
    Stats: Aim - 2019 // Crit - 29.34 // Surge - 22.08 // Accuracy - 100.3 // Power - 568
    Dread,
    I see one big thing that stands out. That's Surge. You want 75% surge. You listed 22.08, is that a percentage or total or what?

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 01:25 PM ----------

Dread, check out my last comment and let me know whats up.

I believe Surge is 216.

yeah, if you are sitting at 75% (or around it) surge, you should be able to pull decent numbers using the stuff aerro listed. if you are on the fleet ops dummy trying to parse, i'd suggest trying on a personal ship or a boss in an ops that doesn't require much running around. the area the ops dummy is in has alway been laggy for me and i always experience ability lag something serious there. it always results in extremely low or inaccurate parses in my case.

Here is a link to my Mr.Robot. Had to put the link broken up because I'm not allowed to post a link. The only error in mods is the Campaign armoring I have in my chest piece. It doesn't have one in Mr. Robot, so I chose one with the same stats, but it doesn't show that I do in fact have the 2 pc. bonus.

ht tp:
    //swtor
    .askmrrobot.c
    om/character/710bde3e-8196-488b-85e6-3401abec5a22

I've been using the OPs dummy on my ship for the timed dps tests.

Deleted
    Looking over this thread is making me wanna roll a BH for some pve action Very nice informative guide forsedar.
    Keep it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your character sheet, I see a few things that can be fixed over time:

-Max out your companions. You will gain valuable bonuses to your stats such as 1% crit, etc.
    -Grab 3% more surge rating. I know I sit at 76% but that is because I can't get lower unless I switch out an enhancement which will drop me below 75%.
    -You can afford to sacrifice some accuracy. With max companions, you will be at 101% which is unnecessary. I sit at 99% and have yet to see a miss other than offhand.
    -Choose the correct mods/enhancements. I see high Endurance+Low Secondary on your items which isn't beneficial at all.
    -You have 200 less Aim than I do, but that will come with gear.

Arsenal Mercs perform at an average level until they obtain the necessary gear to hit all of their soft caps. After that, they start to excel really well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Looking at your character sheet, I see a few things that can be fixed over time:

-Max out your companions. You will gain valuable bonuses to your stats such as 1% crit, etc.
    -Grab 3% more surge rating. I know I sit at 76% but that is because I can't get lower unless I switch out an enhancement which will drop me below 75%.
    -You can afford to sacrifice some accuracy. With max companions, you will be at 101% which is unnecessary. I sit at 99% and have yet to see a miss other than offhand.
    -Choose the correct mods/enhancements. I see high Endurance+Low Secondary on your items which isn't beneficial at all.
    -You have 200 less Aim than I do, but that will come with gear.

Arsenal Mercs perform at an average level until they obtain the necessary gear to hit all of their soft caps. After that, they start to excel really well.
    aerro, Just a question please. What about Just go with 240 accurancy +1% from partners. It Lake +- 98,60 % and it free a slot for another 44 power ?

Quote Originally Posted by Makala View Post
    aerro, Just a question please. What about Just go with 240 accurancy +1% from partners. It Lake +- 98,60 % and it free a slot for another 44 power ?
    the 98% spec is a myth! Bioware confirmed via Tensa from MOX. Need 100% acc now. Something to do with shots not even registering.

It is true requim, but i think he is more interested in the option to gamble for low till zero misses for actual gain of 44 power. However id wouldn't recommend that neither

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    I would like to know if i'm on the good way!

I parse 1750-1830 on 5 minutes operation dummy with barrel 61 (BH) and 58 (rakata).
    Do you think i could get over 2 000 parse with 2 barrel 63 ?