Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by credik View Post
    It is said that for 2.0: Scum and Villainy will come out, Really?Now all Classes can reach Level 55? I just see igxe has added Leveling to 55.
    Yes, 2.0 means the level cap will be raised to 55. That was released today.

Also: I am loving my Arsenal BH right now. Even more than I did before...
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-04-09 at 06:10 PM.

It appears they have resolved at least the alacrity issue with heat regeneration. Ive been lazy and havent looked at the ark and UW vendor to see if they fixed our armor bonus but I did notice it wasnt listed in the patch notes. Also enjoying the boost to HSM dmg. I'm actually using the 6/36/4 build atm and its working pretty nicely still eventhough I have 13% less crit and only 68% surge in my old DG gear. I'm still trying to get used to using electronet on CD and doing HSM,UL after my first TM. I'm still convinced acc/pow/surge is the way to go and I think with our spec alacrity and cylinder alacrity up that we don't need to use any alacrity on our gear at all.

Pretty sure you're right on the stats.

The set bonus changed on the arkanian gear and up, but it's the old one on dread guard and below.

But the flow of the class is so much more fun now. haven't done any Ops fights, but not having to spam tracer missile at the beginning helps a lot. And hydraulic overrides is awesome!

Sorry, I got 55 yesterday, did some FP HM and Story Mode Ops etc. Why would our rotation now be more fluid. Nothing really changed and we got electro net on top. You make we wonder heaviliy...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Sorry, I got 55 yesterday, did some FP HM and Story Mode Ops etc. Why would our rotation now be more fluid. Nothing really changed and we got electro net on top. You make we wonder heaviliy...
    Mat can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he means everything moves a "lil" quicker (AKA fluid)...I haven't played my merc much yet cuz I had the pending reward bug, but on PTS, the speed of casting and heat dissipation speed just kicked up a notch. Especially now that we don't need 3 TMs to work some of our magic. Mercs are looking good for 2.0, even the brother pyrotech build is looking pretty good, think I'm gonna do some experimenting with it now that it's gone live. On PTS i was seeing just slightly lower dummy DPS with it to arsenal and PT gets raid buffs that don't reflect on the dummy.

Yay Mercs!

so is stacking power our new stat priority or we still co crit and power
    laso with the 2 free cast talent i was thinking about popping a plasma missile and power shot is this a good idea or just keep spaming tracer missile

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Not sure if this was referring to my post, but I didn't actually say it was more fluid. I said the flow was more fun. What odawgg said is part of what I meant, and does make it more fluid imo.

but what I meant was that when you're playing there are simply more option available to you. With power surge giving two stacks, a new instant cast on a long cooldown, no longer having to spend 5 seconds spamming tracer missiles when we switch target (or when a fight begins), the class just feels a little more dynamic.

If your speced into improved vents when you vent heat how much does the 10% Alacrity reduces the global cooldown by?
    Last edited by Deathztalker; 2013-04-12 at 01:09 PM.

guys after getting some gear I have exciting news. After testing out a few things I would like to add in that it is definitely worth using overkill augments over the aim augments. The DR from crit is too high still. I switched out all my mk6 aim augs for mk6 overkills and only experienced a .5% crit loss but a gained I want to say 252 power resulting in higher dmg.
    Also, I have reverted back to the 6/36/4 spec now that they fixed heat regeneration with alacrity. When I proc now I'm sitting at 5.34 heat/s regeneration. I am still using acc/pow/surge though as the gain to alacrity enhancements still isnt worth using them over acc or surge.
    Finally, I am using 2 pc DG eliminators and 2 pc ark eliminators atm and the set bonuses stack making it better to use this setup instead of going for the full 4 pc set bonus that provides 8% RS boost. You take a slight hit to aim and overall dmg by doing this but you gain a straight 30% crit to your tracer missiles which helps greatly when you need to proc crit reactions.

Edit note: I had to go back to verify my heat regen with alacrity from crit reactions. It turns out the original value I posted was incorrect and I could be mistaken about crit reactions being more beneficial than 2% static alacrity from the talent which gives a straight ~5.25 heat/s.
    Last edited by Requiem4aDr3am; 2013-04-12 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    guys after getting some gear I have exciting news. After testing out a few things I would like to add in that it is definitely worth using overkill augments over the aim augments. The DR from crit is too high still. I switched out all my mk6 aim augs for mk6 overkills and only experienced a .5% crit loss but a gained I want to say 252 power resulting in higher dmg.
    Are you sure? What's your Bonus Damage when Augmenting for Aim against Augmenting for Power? I'd think that with the 9% increase to Aim in our Skill Tree paired up with the 5% ON TOP of your 9% buffed Aim, from buffs, that Augmenting for Aim, would still give you more Damage than going all out on Power? I could understand for other classes that only get a 6% buff that Overkill would work better for their Damage output, I guess I need to go and do the math in a few, but if you have the figures for your Bonus Damage to hand it'd be great if you could share for us.

~Lesli

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslix View Post
    Are you sure? What's your Bonus Damage when Augmenting for Aim against Augmenting for Power? I'd think that with the 9% increase to Aim in our Skill Tree paired up with the 5% ON TOP of your 9% buffed Aim, from buffs, that Augmenting for Aim, would still give you more Damage than going all out on Power? I could understand for other classes that only get a 6% buff that Overkill would work better for their Damage output, I guess I need to go and do the math in a few, but if you have the figures for your Bonus Damage to hand it'd be great if you could share for us.

~Lesli
    I want to go with Lesli on this one. I would have to try it out myself, but a 9% increase on our Aim should be what makes Aim for valuable for us. Lets see the comparisons.

You are gaining 57.96 BD from augmenting Power.
    You are gaining 57.68 BD from augmenting Aim.

Welp, looks like Power is the clear winner in raw gain. This was with including the 5% buff as well.

Now, you are gaining 0.28 bonus damage in place of 0.5% crit. On spreadsheets, that gain is an overall DPS loss, but not by much.

For MinMaxing purposes, Augmenting Aim still provides the slight advantage- just not as distinctive as it was before.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-04-12 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I want to go with Lesli on this one. I would have to try it out myself, but a 9% increase on our Aim should be what makes Aim for valuable for us. Lets see the comparisons.

Welp, looks like Power is the clear winner in raw gain. This was with including the 5% buff as well.

Now, you are gaining 0.28 bonus damage in place of 0.5% crit. On spreadsheets, that gain is an overall DPS loss, but not by much.

For MinMaxing purposes, Augmenting Aim still provides the slight advantage- just not as distinctive as it was before.

Ya I just dumped over $500k for overkill 22 augments and saw no improvement over the aim

This is correct, with the new augments and Full Arkanian, you're looking at a .08 DPS loss with overkill vs aim...pretty much a wash.....I wouldn't stress about which ones you use guys. Whatever you got on is fine, if you don't have any, stick with main stat.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Finally, I am using 2 pc DG eliminators and 2 pc ark eliminators atm and the set bonuses stack making it better to use this setup instead of going for the full 4 pc set bonus that provides 8% RS boost. You take a slight hit to aim and overall dmg by doing this but you gain a straight 30% crit to your tracer missiles which helps greatly when you need to proc crit reactions.
    Hey Req, I believe you, I've heard others claim this, would you mind posting a parse or some kinda verification so we can see the increased crit rate on TM by double stacking Set bonuses? TY in advance!

So what is the rotation changes? is it
    TM
    HSM
    Unload
    Rail shot
    TM
    TM
    ect.......

When do you use Thermal Sensor Override and Power Surge? and the new abilities thanks guys you all are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaswinger View Post
    So what is the rotation changes? is it
    TM
    HSM
    Unload
    Rail shot
    TM
    TM
    ect.......

When do you use Thermal Sensor Override and Power Surge? and the new abilities thanks guys you all are great.

I updated the guide with an Opener, which is the part of the rotation that is most different.

Thank you kind Sir. I forget to go back the the start lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaswinger View Post
    Thank you kind Sir. I forget to go back the the start lol
    If there are updates, it will generally be in the very first post so people don't have to read through dozens of pages!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the rotation you have on the front page... just wondering if im reading it correctly...

tracer, explosive dart, tracer, (power surge) Electro net, (TSO) Fusion missile, tracer, heatseeker, unload, RS ?

Did explosive dart get a dmg increase and I missed it?

Deleted
    Hi people, thanks for the very informative thread been following it for months. I'm looking forward to further updates.
    I have a couple of questions gearing wise.

[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]
    Crit: In 2.0, Crit is now the stat we avoid like the plague (just like Alacrity on items). All of our mods and enhancements will be WITHOUT this stat.

[...]

At this point, I am sure you're wondering why these 'soft' caps are what they are. I have been questioned a lot about my stance on crit, but it is very justifiable through many parses as well as spread sheets. I can give a very thorough explanation on why these caps are where they are at so continue reading if you are interested.

[...]

Once those caps are hit- you WANT to go all out on power. The bonus damage conversion for Power is .23 per 1 power. Your main stat is currently .20 bonus damager per 1. So it is more of a damage increase, except you do not get a crit bonus from it- which isn't necessary.
    I'm slightly confused as to why we want 0 Crit now...? I don't want to make you repeat yourself so please feel free to link me the explanation (I think I read the whole thread but I might've missed it) I feel like you will explain yourself in the next sections leads nowhere... Just looking at skills we didn't gain an auto-crit or anything so I'm slightly puzzled as to why we would want 0 of it. Surely a moderate amount might be beneficial. Is it the case that the softcap is now so high and the per point increase to damage is so low compared to a point of power that it is far inferior to the point we may aswell have none?

And one thing towards the new mitigation vs tech and force. Does this change anything? For example towards our relics? Serendipitous Assault maybe? Arkanian Kinetic Tempest now carries Force for some reason.

There's a tech relic that is similar to kinetic tempest (elemental or energy, never could keep those apart), so just go for that one.

In regards to crit vs power, in 2.0 they lowered the efficiency of crit and kept power at the same level. And they lowered crit so much that at no point in the curve is one point of crit bringing more dps than one point of power, unless your power is crazy high (as in higher than can be attained currently in game, 8000 or so iirc). But that was on the PTS, there is still testing and number crunching to be done I suppose. But the math from PTS told us that crit was a dead stat.