Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Hey fellas, I noticed this in the 2.3 patch notes on PTS, does this solve the relic issue that is supposedly 'working as intended' as told to us by a dev?

Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon Proc Relics will no longer prevent other Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon Procs of a different type from activating. For example, characters can now have both a Power proc relic and a damage proc relic equipped and expect them both to activate correctly.
    Not sure, do you have a link so we can see what you're referring to?

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Just like Keren stated, tossing in 1 or 2 crit enhancements or mods may be a DPS increase in certain situations. Power has the more steady DPS rate where as Crit will be RNG based.
    It's all about average dps though...you want what's gonna be highest average regardless of RNG, RNG should be a nonfactor when searching for BiS

...that being said I'm actually starting to wonder if it isn't the exact opposite. That being that heavier power builds would increase RNG. Here's my thinking, let's say you stack heavier crit, sacraficing power, therefore sacraficing bonus damage. Now you're parsing and get a lucky RNG where your HSM and Rail shots get crazy high crit percentages. Those critical hits will actually hit for less because the base+bonus damage is less due to lower power.

Now let's take an all power build...and let's say you get a lucky RNG parse where ur crit is significantly higher than normal. Now those crits are gonna hit extremely hard in comparison to the crit builds.

Maybe our math guy keren can chime in, just throwing this thought out there...When I simulate I don't see any change in RNG tbh, so it's possible the deviation is about the same whether you go with some crit or not. Reason I'm thinking this is go back to my first example up there, even though the crits are hitting for less, they're happening more often and vice versa.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-06-28 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=655653

First item, under Items & Economy>General
    Oh nice, another thing to test

Yeah, seems like it does. So CN + SA will be the best after 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiasV View Post
    Yeah, seems like it does. So CN + SA will be the best after 2.3?
    yes, /10 chars

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    yes, /10 chars
    Your sim is showing SA+BA as best combo (which mathematically perplexes me)...but BA value diminishes the longer the fight is and approaches equal to CN...I can see uses for all 3 relics but i am willing to bet a pretty penny in the end I will go for the ultimate lazy: SA+CN

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimate Lazy is the best!

No seriously, I am just going to say 'ultimate lazy' instead of directly naming the relics.

could be due to more crit you use in your newest setup..

could someone check the ptr, if it is possible to use KD CN and KD ET at the same time?
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-07-01 at 09:32 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    could be due to more crit you use in your newest setup..

could someone check the ptr, if it is possible to use KD CN and KD ET at the same time?
    I didn't check those, I check CN + SA and those worked...i don't have another relic token on ptr to test that.

And it shows increase regardless of crit rating so it's not that.

Deleted
    Hi,

Saw that you've updated the first post: "2013-06-23 at 07:02 PM". Can you please highlights the major changes?

Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    I started up a Merc this past weekend and this info is going to be good as I take him further along. Right now I do like the feel of the class as far as ranged is concerned, much more so than Gunslinger/Sniper. (Although that could be due to aesthetically disliking the cover field)

Hey guys long time no chat! I've returned to the game after being away since clearing EC HM when it was new. Everything seems to have changed quite a bit (and frankly a little daunting). As someone on a limited play schedule who has the need/desire to gear up efficiently as possible I have a question for you experts

Every day I get roughly 90 mins playtime outside of raids. IF I am looking at gearing up for HM/NM asap what would be the best use of my time? Currently I am doing a 55 HM FP and then i've got anywhere between 45-60 mins leftover to do.... ? I was thinking the makeb dailies would be best however there is so much travel time involved I don't know whether its the best course of action.

Thanks in advance. Love the thread as usual Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenho View Post
    Hi,

Saw that you've updated the first post: "2013-06-23 at 07:02 PM". Can you please highlights the major changes?

Thx
    Nothing at the moment. I was mid edit and had to leave for work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    Hey guys long time no chat! I've returned to the game after being away since clearing EC HM when it was new. Everything seems to have changed quite a bit (and frankly a little daunting). As someone on a limited play schedule who has the need/desire to gear up efficiently as possible I have a question for you experts

Every day I get roughly 90 mins playtime outside of raids. IF I am looking at gearing up for HM/NM asap what would be the best use of my time? Currently I am doing a 55 HM FP and then i've got anywhere between 45-60 mins leftover to do.... ? I was thinking the makeb dailies would be best however there is so much travel time involved I don't know whether its the best course of action.

Thanks in advance. Love the thread as usual Force.
    Honestly, it depends on what you like doing. Hopefully there is something going on in General Chat where you can hop into a quick SM and clear it. If not, dailies for credits is nice as you can get the old BiS mods/enhancements with credits.

Just got Underworld SA. Was using Arkanian CN and DG BA. Wondering which one I should now pair with Underworld SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoore View Post
    Just got Underworld SA. Was using Arkanian CN and DG BA. Wondering which one I should now pair with Underworld SA?
    Well currently the CN and SA will not proc properly together but will be fixed so they can with 2.3...so for now use the BA and actually stick with that till you get another UW or Kell relic at which point I still don't know which is 2nd best relic, I think it's somewhat situational

Hey guys sorry for the long absense but this is a log that I have from a little while ago.
    It seems im not allowed to post links so search maban on torparse and I think June and third from the bottom is a down of styrak

10+ Year Old Account
    Just post the log with spaces and I'll edit it for you so it works.

Quote Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
    Well currently the CN and SA will not proc properly together but will be fixed so they can with 2.3...so for now use the BA and actually stick with that till you get another UW or Kell relic at which point I still don't know which is 2nd best relic, I think it's somewhat situational
    Thanks again Odawgg.

http://www.torparse.com/l/264406

not trying to be over the top with my spaces but doing this on my phone so best having more spaces and having it work lol
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-07-06 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    With the upcoming change to the relics meaning that relic of serendipitous assault can be used with a DD relic such as Cerulean Nova which of the DD relics are the best to use.

I ask this as before I was aware of the bug I had a DD relic which was a force dmg (by accident) when I purchased a Cerulean Nova relic and tested on the Ops dummy I noticed something strange...

The force dmg relic did work (not using with RoSA and hit for something around 225 If I remember correctly, however the proc from the Cerulean Nova was only hitting for around 195.

Both were tested on the ops dummy at lvl 55 on the fleet. and both claimed to do 255 dmg (I Think as testing was done some time ago)

I assume that the reduced damage if from mitigation by the mob but if the bosses mitigate Tech dmg more than force damage surely that's the better relic to go for, or maybe one of the other relics will be better still.

Look forward to your input