New Player - Seeking Advice

Hey guys. So I'm new to this whole MOBA thing (is that the right acronym? I have no idea). I downloaded LoL yesterday because I was bored with my usual games of choice and because I saw a few videos in my FB feed that sparked a curiosity. I have one friend who has played and is pretty good at the game (and isn't a raging dickbag like most players I encounter) and he's been helping me learn the ropes. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the chance to play with me much, so I'm left to fend for myself. Before I begin, here's a bit about me:

-As stated, I'm new to this style of game. I have never played DotA or any other game like this.
    -I'm usually terrible at PVP in almost any game. I tend to stay away from any sort of competitive game. I tried to arena in WoW at one time. It was fun, but I wasn't very good, which was a little discouraging (though it was only 2s which I've been told is a joke, also practice makes perfect), and I enjoy the occasional BG.
    -I'm willing to learn. A few people in game have helped me after matches, but most just tell me to "kill myself IRL"

Now, I know I said I don't dig PVP stuff, but I'm finding this game pretty fun. I've usually been running vs bots to get a feel for the game and characters/abilities, but I realize that vs bots isn't really anything like actual PVP. I have played a total of 3 PVP matches so far. My first game I won, though I had no idea what I was doing. My team was very helpful. My second game was a loss, mostly because we had a real asshat on our team that felt the need to insult every one of us (I was Lv. 2-3 by this point). My third game I had a better grip on what I was doing and we wound up forcing a surrender.

There's a few things I'd like help with. First off, is there a comprehensive newbie guide? I've been checking websites for character builds, etc, but a lot use terminology that I don't understand, like AD, carry, and things like that. Second, I have discovered that I enjoy "jungling." I bought some RP to unlock Warwick and I've been using him. I've looked up some online jungling guides for him, but I'm a little torn/confused. Some guides say to go for a certain build that uses AP, but one or two others say these guides are stupid, to avoid AP. Are there any Warwick players here that can help me out? Also, in all the guides they give a very specific kill order for jungling. The one I have been following is Wolves - Blue - Wraiths - Red - Golems. In most of the videos I watch, they're able to solo for the blue buff no problem, but I've not been able to do it successfully yet. I usually ask my top laner to come leash it for me, but people either usually don't understand what I'm asking, or wind up sticking around and leaching the XP (that kill should put me at level 2). I always take Smite and usually either that Heal for faster buffs at start (though it's useless later), or Exhaustion for ganking. I'm guessing the reason I can't solo those creeps at this point is a lack of runes and stuff, though.

Speaking of, what should I be using at low-level. All the builds I look at have magic pen and stuff like that, but it seems kinda useless at my level. Is there anything that would help me out?

Anyways, I'd really like to get into the game without taking it too seriously. I don't like dealing with harassing players, but I can look past that. I've been having fun, and I'd just like to get better.

Hey there, I'll try and answer a couple of the questions.

The first was on jungling. Jungling before level 30 is very difficult, because of the lack of runes and masteries. That said, it is not impossible, and this is the one time I would actually say Warwick is a good jungler. However, clearing can be difficult. Leashes are awesome but at your level people may not understand what you want, maybe quickly explain to them? Just say 'hit it once, then run way'.

As to building WW, he's a very diverse champion. You can go AD, tankwick, magewick, CDRwick, onhitwick and lots of variations of these. My advice would be to try out lots of different builds and just see what fits for you. What works for one person won't necessarily be the way for you to play.

This was written sorta in a dash as I have to go right now, but I'll come and update it in a little bit.

Gl,
    DDE.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, the lower-level thing has proved to be a pretty big hindrance. Hopefully I keep getting people that know how to help me out. I generally find myself struggling without the blue buff later in the game (level 10-12ish). I just OOM so fast I don't really feel effective. As far as items go, I usually always go for Bloodrazor first, then boots, and then usually either Wit's End or Malady. Sometimes if the match is going particularly well I'll snag both of those. With brazor, wit's, and malady I absolutely destroy. I can usually kill a champ (depending on which champ) if they're at 75% health or below. I just pop my ult and finish up with Q.

If you downloaded yesterday, honestly, don't bother with stuff like jungling yet.
    Try to play the old 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, first start learning stuff like what kind of spells what champions have, what items are good for what champions etc, learn how to last hit etc.

Starting off learning the basics, then learn stuff like junglers/counters etc once you learn the more basic stuff.

Is WW decent at laning? Seems to me he'd get harassed by ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrok View Post
    He has the sustain to handle most harass.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    There aren't many ranged top, and the ones that are aren't strong enough harassers to outlane Warwick. Maybe Urgot could do the job.
    I've also seen people use MF top to counter him... the rage from the unexpecting Warwick is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    He can sorta harass back and out-sustain them with his Q. At your level you shouldn't ever be solo top anyway, and ranged shouldn't be hitting hard enough where you have to worry about harass. Just focus on last hits (or sharing last hits) and you'll win most of the time.