How good is the Valor healing trinket? (458 spirit)

So really all I do anymore is heal, I have every healing class geared from i376 to i383. But I need another decent trinket on all of them except my druid. My priest and shaman are sporting the i378 from Well of Eternity, my pally still has the crafted owl from jc. Just wondering if it is worth losing the intel.

And before you ask if I run out of mana during fights... It's different with each group. If I'm leading healing doing 30% of the groups healing then yeah I normally will... but that's only because the other healers are undergeared/skilled...

I always preferred the haste trinket over the spirit trinket. With Spine trinket I just have so much spirit anyway and dont really need any more mp5. Many other trinkets (with low ilvl also) are better anyway imo. (kept dmc for example (no luck in firelands..10man rng says hi) till i got one out of ds)
    Last edited by Telanu; 2012-04-17 at 08:55 AM.

It's shit - There are far better options available to you. LFR Heart of Unliving/DMC:Tsunami are awesome.

378 Gift is very awesome, I wouldn't change it. I would drop the owl for Valor one, though.

The healing class that gets the most out of spirit is Holy Priest, and I wouldn't recommend that trinket even for that spec. DS isn't like FL, there are no big burn phases - except for maybe Zon'ozz. You're way better off with an Int trinket, of which there are several options. BiS for raid finder level gear would be the HoU off of spine or Windward Heart if you don't need the spirit.

Until you get anything out of the raid finder, settle for a Core of Ripeness off of the JP vendor. You can also get a Tsunami, but it isn't worth the money if you can replace with a raidfinder DS trinket. Maybe try and pug a Firelands run and get a Jaws of Defeat, that's a nice one - especially the heroic version of it.

$0.02 from a Holy priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    The healing class that gets the most out of spirit is Holy Priest, and I wouldn't recommend that trinket even for that spec. DS isn't like FL, there are no big burn phases - except for maybe Zon'ozz. You're way better off with an Int trinket, of which there are several options. BiS for raid finder level gear would be the HoU off of spine or Windward Heart if you don't need the spirit.

Until you get anything out of the raid finder, settle for a Core of Ripeness off of the JP vendor. You can also get a Tsunami, but it isn't worth the money if you can replace with a raidfinder DS trinket. Maybe try and pug a Firelands run and get a Jaws of Defeat, that's a nice one - especially the heroic version of it.

$0.02 from a Holy priest
    This was just what I was about to suggest. I was using Core of Ripeness for quite some time before I got upgrades from DS. The int and on use spirit is really nice imo for some casual healing. Remember to use the trinket on every CD and rather early into the fights though to get the most of its benefits.

Deleted
    I got a Disc Priest alt and was actually wondering the same. I bought the VP trinket to test it and well, I don't really need it tbh. Totally forgot about Core of Ripeness, I'm gonna get that one for sure.

But I wonder why you wouldn't want it as a Holy Priest? I thought Spirit was way more important for Holy Priests in general. I did try a Holy spec and all I really got out of it, was that I lacked Mp5 a lot. I kept going oom on trivial stuff and just couldn't replenish enough back. The obvious thought is, that I did something really wrong. But I did read up on the spec, got some good add-ons and reforged accordingly etc. In the end, I just changed my OS to Shadow again