10+ Year Old Account

Cool Hance Shammy or Ret Pally?

Im interested in levelling a melee class.

I have Heirlooms for these two, i was just wondering which is more fun in ur opinion to PvP with??

Pros and Cons??

Thanks in advance guys

-Josh-

Personally speaking i'd go with the pally.

Pro's being you can do all three spec's, Holy is an OP single target heal, Prot is boss at tanking for the most part, Ret DPS brings a tear to my eye right now ( in a good way) and with the upcoming changes in MoP a lot of things that need to be addressed are being addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unreal, thankyou very much

Enhance is pretty fun, but Ret Paly is very, very good this season. It's hard to not have fun when you're stomping people.

Deleted
    I'd have to go with a ret paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarshwar View Post
    Im interested in levelling a melee class.

I have Heirlooms for these two, i was just wondering which is more fun in ur opinion to PvP with??

Pros and Cons??

Thanks in advance guys

-Josh-

Oh from experience Paladins are pretty strong even without heirlooms. With heirlooms lower levels they are pretty much a "ONE Man/Woman Wrecking Machine". I mean seriously. They can spam flash of light all day and not go OOM. They have amazing burst damage with the BOA Weapon. They also get their Bubbles and LoH early in the game which pretty much are life savers.

They also get a range closer pretty quickly with Judgements and have the added benefit of being a plate class. They can take a good bit of damage before going down. Only hunters can take out a decked out Paladin.

I levelled my Paladin purely as Protection a long time back and without heirlooms. I did pretty well I thought.

Shamans are ok. I don't have too much trouble taking out an Enchancement shammy on any of my low level alts. Infact Shamans are the first one I target unless it is resto which makes it a pain to kill. Paladins are pretty strong healers as well so if you plan on dual specing at level 30. Another thing to keep in mind Ret Paladins are pretty hard to kill at level 85 once you get close to 4K resilence.

I find Paladins the hardest to kill only because they can take a huge chunk of your health in 1-2 hits with Crusader Strike. Another cool think about Ret Paladins is that at the lower levels, most of them simply spam Exorcism. Exorcism has a cast time of 1.2 sec and hits for a lot. Can easily 2-3 shot most clothies. I would probably go for a Ret Paladin if you have every piece of heirloom. You really need to have the Heirloom BoA - the PVE one if you plan on really owning on the battlefield.