Deleted

Servers down for maintenance

So i just went to log onto TOR for an hour or to before i go off to uni and the servers are down for maintenance, which is fine, servers need to be maintained. I play on an EU server, but i think its abit odd that EU servers are still down for maintenance until 1pm BST. Surely it would be better for the server to go down for maintenance earlier in the morning so that it wouldnt still be off after midday? Anyone else think the same?

It is odd they shut them all down at the same time. I think they have mentioned spliting them into seperate groups Asia and Europe at the same time and North America at another. Even with that Europe or Asia will get dumped on some but its a step in the right dirrection. Splitting things up would help with their poor customer service rap a bit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    They really should split the times. Its great that they maintain them, but they should put them down for maintenance in EU late at night so it doesnt affect that many ppl I think. Other MMOs manage to do it im sure Bioware can too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is odd they shut them all down at the same time. I think they have mentioned spliting them into seperate groups Asia and Europe at the same time and North America at another. Even with that Europe or Asia will get dumped on some but its a step in the right dirrection. Splitting things up would help with their poor customer service rap a bit.
    Yea i definitely agree splitting them up is the best way to go about it. Hopefully if they do that they can reset the dailies earlier then as well.

Deleted
    It was commented on by a dev, at this time it is not possible to do maintenance separately for the regions for technical reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    It was commented on by a dev, at this time it is not possible to do maintenance separately for the regions for technical reasons.
    However, they are working towards being able to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went out to buy SWTOR today, got home, took a look at swtor.com before I opened it and started installing.

"SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!"
    Waited for 2 hours now, going to head back to the store & swapping it for something else, I was expecting to play some SWTOR today, sigh.

Next month it is then.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The website is back up... it's been up for a bit now.. looks like if you had waited 5-10 minutes it would have been up and you could have been playing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The website is back up... it's been up for a bit now.. looks like if you had waited 5-10 minutes it would have been up and you could have been playing...
    I've been playing all day. It must just be the EU side of things.