Thread: D3 and bots?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    BoE.. so you can use them, replace them, give them to your friends/alts, resell them, etc.

So spending $5 on an item isn't $5 "wasted", so to speak - some people will feel that it's fine to spend real money on items because you're going to sell it again and (hopefully) get your $5 back if you find a better one. Even gems can be unsocketed by the jeweler so you can re-use them in new gear.
    They are not BoE. That would entail that at some point, they bind to your character. They are, actually, unbound in general. The rest of your post is spot on though.

As for botting...yes, it's going to happen. It's an online game, it's made by a popular company, and it's a popular series. And no, it's NOT because of the RMAH; botters will continue to sell everything from their websites, as they've been doing since Diablo 1. Why A) Limit the number of items you can sell, B) Give money to blizzard when the items sell, and C) Pay a fee to paypal when transferring the money off? Just host a website, post up all the items your selling, and bingo. Cut out alllll of the middlemen. Sure, anyone caught doing this in the States is going to get busted, but not the ones from China, as is usually the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm not sure how bots will work out if inferno is as hard as devs say it is.

Deleted
    If, as I hope, the best way to farm gear is by far to play with 4 players in the highest difficulty it's will not be that bad. It's not as if you were seeing that many bots beating Ragnaros 25 hm in wow anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    They are not BoE. That would entail that at some point, they bind to your character. They are, actually, unbound in general. The rest of your post is spot on though.

As for botting...yes, it's going to happen. It's an online game, it's made by a popular company, and it's a popular series. And no, it's NOT because of the RMAH; botters will continue to sell everything from their websites, as they've been doing since Diablo 1. Why A) Limit the number of items you can sell, B) Give money to blizzard when the items sell, and C) Pay a fee to paypal when transferring the money off? Just host a website, post up all the items your selling, and bingo. Cut out alllll of the middlemen. Sure, anyone caught doing this in the States is going to get busted, but not the ones from China, as is usually the case.
    Argh, too early, you're so right, I don't know why I said BoE... I meant unbound but my brain is still thinking on WoW terms :P

Unbound.. so you can use them, replace them, give them to your friends/alts, resell them, etc.

So spending $5 on an item isn't $5 "wasted", so to speak - some people will feel that it's fine to spend real money on items because you're going to sell it again and (hopefully) get your $5 back if you find a better one. Even gems can be unsocketed by the jeweler so you can re-use them in new gear.
    Don't you feel like the game will be flood of items at certain point that will make going to inferno farm run is obsolete since AH are flooded with goodies ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Don't you feel like the game will be flood of items at certain point that will make going to inferno farm run is obsolete since AH are flooded with goodies ?
    Yeah this is my thinking, it certainly takes the shine off the items if everything can just be bought for real money.

I read about the RMAH months ago but figured there would be some sort of BoE/BoP system that keeps the best items only available through farming inferno, I still cant wait for this game but this kinda sucks IMO.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-04-18 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Weeeeell... from the beta, it seems that the majority, the vast majority of items that drop are sub-par. They are not worth trying to sell... you can only have 10 items up at a time, so people can't list every single piece of junk in the hope that it sells, you have to pick and choose wisely. As far as I can tell from the beta, you can't cancel armor past the first 5 mins... so people really are going to need to only list stuff they think is good enough to sell.

But 99% of everything that's dropped on the beta for me in maybe 30-40 playthroughs, has been useless except to break down for crafting.

Whether that equates to higher difficulty levels I have no idea... but people will definitely have to list wisely.

Flooding will depend on how many people are farming too!

Honestly, I have no idea. if there are 1 million people all listing 10 items then the AH is going to be pretty busy that's for sure. But if items repeatedly don't sell, I think people will just break them down for crafting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    Sure, they might be "making money", but for what purpose? There's a $250 cap on the wallet, and all you can spend it on is more D3 items, Blizzard games (of which there is a finite amount), and WoW subscriptions. You might be able to use it for Blizzard Store purchases as well, but I'm not sure if that's implemented yet.
    When did that change? They said there would be payouts from blizz currency to your real account. One of the methods involved paypal, if I'm correct. So when did they scrap this?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there are. Makes things cheaper on the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    When did that change? They said there would be payouts from blizz currency to your real account. One of the methods involved paypal, if I'm correct. So when did they scrap this?
    I don't think they ever said you could payout from blizz currency, I'm 99.9% sure they always said you could NOT transfer blizz currency to real cash.

What you can do is

Sell your item
    Pay your $1.25 fee
    Then choose -
    a) Send to paypal (cash out, 3% paypal charge)
    b) Send to blizzard account (can't cash out later but no extra fee).

Pretty sure that's always been the system. Paypal choice comes before the blizzard choice... if you choose blizzard, your money is there to stay and can only be spent on blizzard stuff.

I don't think they ever said you could payout from blizz currency, I'm 99.9% sure they always said you could NOT transfer blizz currency to real cash.

What you can do is

Sell your item
    Pay your $1.25 fee
    Then choose -
    a) Send to paypal (cash out, 3% paypal charge)
    b) Send to blizzard account (can't cash out later but no extra fee).

Pretty sure that's always been the system. Paypal choice comes before the blizzard choice... if you choose blizzard, your money is there to stay and can only be spent on blizzard stuff.
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Auction_Ho...ction_house.3F

As an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.
    Has this changed?

edit: Same thing on battle.net faq page:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...-house/info#q7

If this FAQ hasn't changed then I assume that the feature hasn't been scrapped
    Last edited by procne; 2012-04-18 at 08:41 AM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Indeed. Even with a very low drop rate, if items never come out of the market, the market will eventually be flooded. There needs to be a way to "destroy" items just like there is a way to create them (either as drops, or by crafting). Items in RL also have a finite life span, otherwise we would never need to manufacture anything.

So just as there are gold sinks in the game, there needs to be an "item sink" of some sort. Not sure what that could be, though.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Has this changed?
    As have been said before, when you sell an item you can choose to either send the money to your PayPal account, or deposit the money to your battle.net balance. Once the money has been deposited to your battle.net balance, you can no longer cash it out to your PayPal.

Also, you can cash out as much money as you can make to PayPal, but your battle.net balance has a limit ($250, 200€).

I thought scratches meant that it's impossible to make money from RMAH, because the money made can't be used for anything outside blizz?

Deleted
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Auction_Ho...ction_house.3F

Has this changed?

edit: Same thing on battle.net faq page:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...-house/info#q7

If this FAQ hasn't changed then I assume that the feature hasn't been scrapped
    No, it's not been scrapped, isn't that what I just described? /confused... I think we just said the same thing?

You can EITHER choose to cash out with paypal OR send to blizzard. IF you choose blizzard, then you can't cash out... but you can always cash out to paypal if you haven't chosen to cash out to blizzard. Hope that makes sense.

Deleted
    I wounder if they would implicate this system into Warcraft at some point, just like guild chat or remote auction house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    There needs to be a way to "destroy" items just like there is a way to create them (either as drops, or by crafting)
    The only way to get crafting mats is by destroying magic items in the beta (don't know if they will just drop on live). And even at low levels, you get 1 reagent to destroy - and need 5+ to craft and then you've got a random chance of getting a good piece or you may in fact get something you don't want. I had to make 11 shoulders to get a piece that I considered pretty awesome. The rest were junk and I just recycled them back into mats.

So as long as the crafting gear is good enough to make people want to craft it, people will have to destroy quite a large amount of their magic items.

Deleted
    The important difference, tho, is that blizzard will get a cut off of the profit regardless if it was a bot or not. In all other games, the publisher loses money due to stuff like that, where here, they get money from it.

Even if the prices are dumped to oblivion: whether you sell one item for 10 bucks, or 10 items for 1 buck each - their cut is the same.
    Only ones hurt are the users.

Uhm, blizzard will charge for each sale separately.
    Somewhere in the FAQ they said that listing each item would cost 0.15$ and sale another 0.5$

So with 10 items they would get 6.5$ compared to 0.65$ with 1 item

Deleted
    Uhm, blizzard will charge for each sale separately.
    Somewhere in the FAQ they said that listing each item would cost 0.15$ and sale another 0.5$

So with 10 items they would get 6.5$ compared to 0.65$ with 1 item
    In March they changed it to no sale no fee... IF it sells the fee is $1.25 RMAH or 15% Gold AH but if it doesn't sell - there is no fee.