Deleted

Question [PHONE] Getting a new cellphone, need a couple of tips...

Hey, I'm starting to grow tired of my old phone (SE Vivaz) and I think it's time to upgrade.

What I like with the Vivaz:

The camera - Being able to film in 720p HD is cool, not really necessary but quite nice

The size - The size is really good, it's not some huge beast of a phone, it fits good in my pocket

And that's pretty much it, the touch is crap, the general layout is really awkward and it's really slow from time to time.

What I'm looking for:

Volume - I feel that the ringtone signal is quite low, I barely hear it from time to time and the alarm-clock barely wakes me up. So I'd like it to be able to make some sound

Touch - Since the touch on the Vivaz is "touch sensitive" and not "heat sensitive" it manages to unlock itself in my pocket and send texts to my mates, it's kinda annoying. The response of the touch is kind of slow aswell, texting is really "hard" as it doesn't always feel my touch all the time and you have to press kindof hard.

Wi-Fi - This is quite standard aswell I guess, but it's important =P

PRICE - I would like it to stay below 2500 SEK, that's around €250

What I've been looking at is the Xperia U, it seems quite nice to be honest, and the price is about right aswell (atleast here in Sweden). Do any of you have any experience with this phone? Pros/Cons? Any feedback would be nice =P Aswell as other recommendations

-edit-

I didn't notice earlier, but the Xperia U isn't released yet is it..? =S
    Last edited by mmocb659d1a469; 2012-04-17 at 03:21 PM.

Meh it's alright. No the Xperia U isn't realesed yet.
    I would highly suggest the amsung Galaxy S II. Although I'm not sure what it would cost in Euros, and you didn't tell me what company you have service under. It seems to cost about €450, but depending on what service you may be able to get it for free with a contract.

So I've taken a look at the specs.
    Hopefully this phone won't be too pricy. The specs seem to be about 2 years old and the screen is tiny and has poor resolution. It looks like a decent phone though.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2012-04-17 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I plan on going without a contract tbh, since I am a student I don't have an awful lot of income and I'd rather just pay it and then never have to worry again =P And yeah, €450 would be too much =S I don't mind the screen being smallish since I want it to fit in my pocket =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Xperia 10 sounds like something youre looking for, i believe some stores in sweden have it at a bit higher price ( looking at prisjakt ) but it should be quite close to 250 euro
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just get a proper Nokia like C5-03 or something.

Camera is really good. It's conection is really good ad you can easily enter any web or whatever you want, tho i find it useless to have internet on a phone, but w/e.

It's cheap, as cheap as i got it for 20€, not sure how much it's worth if you plan to plain buy is, i guess 150- 180 €.

It's Nokia what means never breaking. Batery lasts 4 days for me, and i'm constantly using it to play music.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    Hey, I'm starting to grow tired of my old phone (SE Vivaz) and I think it's time to upgrade.

What I like with the Vivaz:

The camera - Being able to film in 720p HD is cool, not really necessary but quite nice

The size - The size is really good, it's not some huge beast of a phone, it fits good in my pocket

And that's pretty much it, the touch is crap, the general layout is really awkward and it's really slow from time to time.

What I'm looking for:

Volume - I feel that the ringtone signal is quite low, I barely hear it from time to time and the alarm-clock barely wakes me up. So I'd like it to be able to make some sound

Touch - Since the touch on the Vivaz is "touch sensitive" and not "heat sensitive" it manages to unlock itself in my pocket and send texts to my mates, it's kinda annoying. The response of the touch is kind of slow aswell, texting is really "hard" as it doesn't always feel my touch all the time and you have to press kindof hard.

Wi-Fi - This is quite standard aswell I guess, but it's important =P

PRICE - I would like it to stay below 2500 SEK, that's around €250

What I've been looking at is the Xperia U, it seems quite nice to be honest, and the price is about right aswell (atleast here in Sweden). Do any of you have any experience with this phone? Pros/Cons? Any feedback would be nice =P Aswell as other recommendations

-edit-

I didn't notice earlier, but the Xperia U isn't released yet is it..? =S
    HTC Amaze 4g

i personally switched from a iphone 3GS to a lumia 800 and I'm quite happy with the device so far. Granted, WP7 needs to get more popular apps on their marketplace (google-docs, draw something and a few local apps to name a few) but it feels like a good product so far. The phone itself has a 8MP camera that can film in 720p HD and the screen is quite good.

As for cost, I think you can buy a lumia for around 280 euros (not sure, but that's about how much it said on the reciept I got)

Deleted
    I recently got my galaxy S2 and as a student also I also understand that its great to be able to just make the one of payment and be done with it. Saying that you should try finding a website like gumtree.com (UK only) you'll usually get a lot of awesome 2nd hand stuff( and brand new) like my galaxy S2 for dirt cheap.

Deleted
    I just found another, almost the same phone as the Sony U, called the Sony SOLA, and it's released in about 2 weeks, same price and the stats are the same/better. Slightly bigger screen, slightly thinner and a tad more memory. I honestly think this is the one I'm going for.

The gumtree thing sounds awesome, but how does the ensurance work? Atleast in Sweden we get like atleast year or so depending on the product for free repairs and such, this is great and how's that gonna work with 2nd hand stuff?

The lumia 800 is sitting at roughly €350, and that's a tad too much considering the student issue... =P

I'd be really hesitant to buy a phone that isn't shipping with ICS. It might be marketed as having an update "soon after launch" but "soon" is hugely subjective and is a pain in the ass.