Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deseo View Post
    I didnt play Vanilla. Did 2h Enh use STR weapons? or were there AGI 2handers?
    STR was an enh shammys best base stat up until patch 3.0 if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokfactor View Post
    I'm I the only person that prays with each expansion they'll bring back 2hand'd enhancement shamans. I remember the days of Vanilla where I'd use Unstoppable Force and have a blast with it. There was also this HighWarlord Tauren shaman on my server with a Hand Of Rag watching him go into Bg's (since at that time it was just server vs server) would bring a smile onto my face. Just curious if I'm the only one.
    Yea, I also want my DK to be able to 2 shot people with Icy Touch again. Oh and I want my mage to be able to pom pyro 1shot anyone again. Oh and I want my rogue to be able to 1 shot clothies with ambush again.

Yes, that's what 2h enha shamans were back in the day. Nobody in their right mind want that kind of idiotic gameplay back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I sometimes wonder if it will come back. I used to run around town with my shaman who had a Reforged Trollbane enchanted and reforged horribly just for fun. This was back when the troll dungeons were still relevant.
    Must be nice to be able to equip 2H at a time where it wasn't possible for shamans to do so

2H enhance is in my head alongside the Gnomish Death Ray in the great "list of things that one shot people in vanilla".

2H is gone, man. Let her go.

No more 2H enhancement, that was clearly stated by GC some time ago.

It wouldn't be possible with the current itemisation anyway. The 2H fraction is completely covered right now, also if shamans didn't use one-handers, those agility-type weapons would become rogue-only and that's anything but desireable in terms of itemisation. The intellect leather issue is being adressed with the addition of the monk class now.

There's still some "loot table blockers" - agility daggers, throwing weapons and most prominently, intellect plate.

The next class will probably be a plate-wearing caster. But they sure won't do anything that adds back to the problem, like making two-handers attractive to shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Must be nice to be able to equip 2H at a time where it wasn't possible for shamans to do so
    Did i miss a time between where Shamans had a 2H talent in the enhancement tree and then till they made it baseline?

Anywho, the grass is always greener on the other side. Even more so when you dont play a Shaman

Nothing stops you from running around with a 2h now, all you miss out on is a more optimal stat on your weapon. Obviously, you shouldn't be playing 2h in a pve because you're wasting your group/raid spot, but for PvP it can be pretty fun. You can even make a specific 2h build if it makes you any happier - http://wowtal.com/#k=WwtNWAa3h.bqj.shaman.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    I remember playing enhance during beta in 2004 and those 2H axe triple windfury hits were so overpowered, I would sometimes wonder why that mob was already dead when I just hit autoattack and did nothing else yet.
    That aside, I think that enhance should be allowed to use 2H effectively nowadays. It would be a nice change.
    Well, my shaman "one-shots" Tol Barad mobs with a single SS, so I dont see a reason for running around with a big clumsy 2-hander

Quote Originally Posted by Mezuga View Post
    Well, my shaman "one-shots" Tol Barad mobs with a single SS, so I dont see a reason for running around with a big clumsy 2-hander
    You're in 397 gear atm. Those creatures are tuned for freshly dinged level 85's. It's a unfair comparison for the poor TB mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In Vanilla, Enh got as much out of Str as Agi, really.

2h Enhancement is a concept that's based on a whole bunch of principles that much up things for a lot of people who AREN'T Shaman, and bringing it in provides basically no actual benefit to the game, since Enhancement remains a melee spec and gains no additional flexibility.
    Yeah yeah .. the first cinematic from Wow doesn't show a huge tauren shaman with a big totem smashing a baer ¬¬ ... pretty sure that weapon it's a "off-hand".
    Drek'thar, from Alterac Valley BG, also had a 2H sword ...

2H forever ...

I think I recall seeing pvp videos of that shammy with hand of rag. Made me want to roll one and try it out! But I was having similar fun as ret spec hoping for double crit white and SoC procs back when SoC was a 100% weapon damage proc instead of windfury on windfury procs.

Ah the good old days before I got T2 and ascended to god-hood, wait no, I mean Shockadin spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimento View Post
    Yeah yeah .. the first cinematic from Wow doesn't show a huge tauren shaman with a big totem smashing a baer ¬¬ ... pretty sure that weapon it's a "off-hand".
    Drek'thar, from Alterac Valley BG, also had a 2H sword ...
    You're confusing NPCs with PCs.

They aren't the same. PCs have whole bunches of restrictions that NPCs don't have to abide by. There's no lore-based reason why a Shaman couldn't use a sword, as Drek'thar does, but for game balance reasons, weapon restrictions help with itemization variety, so they exist for PCs. Drek'thar is a particularly bad example, since he's actually an elite hero, and elite heroes are NOT in the same class as PCs. They are a significant step up. PCs are not elite. We're grunts. Elite NPCs actually have specialized classes that aren't even available to PCs (but might exist in things like the Warcraft RPG, I honestly haven't seen it), and some combine parts of multiple classes or retain abilities from earlier training in one class while continuing in a second.

Also, while the Tauren Shaman in that cinematic does have the big totem-mace two-hander thing, Shaman can use two-handed maces just fine. NPCs often use items that aren't, strictly speaking, optimal for players. Also see all the NPCs without headgear, or cloaks.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-04-18 at 07:17 PM.

Yeah i do it occasionally in PvP for shits and giggles - also since i just got the Draconic Avenger Axe from BWL, imma transmog something RIGHT AWAY. Idk, it's still pretty fun in PvP if you're not too serious about dying/losing. For me 2h hits for quite a lot too.

Obviously with some tweaks to make it balanced, but I'm sorry your life sucks and the littlest thing gets you this angry. If you don't agree with it just try the approach, "no I don't think of this for so and so reason." Also again sorry about the whole life sucking ordeal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Nothing stops you from running around with a 2h now, all you miss out on is a more optimal stat on your weapon. Obviously, you shouldn't be playing 2h in a pve because you're wasting your group/raid spot, but for PvP it can be pretty fun. You can even make a specific 2h build if it makes you any happier - http://wowtal.com/#k=WwtNWAa3h.bqj.shaman.
    How is that a 2h specc? Looks more like a tanking specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    How is that a 2h specc? Looks more like a tanking specc.
    Because it doesnt have LL and static shock - LL requires a offhand and static shock is not very useful when you only use 1 of the 2 abilities that trigger it.
    Instead he puts emphasis on survival because that's kinda what people do in pvp. And has he said, it's not for pve.