Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bethesda's Dishonored Cinematic Trailer

http://youtu.be/VeIn3WjbVbw

What are your thoughts on this new game?
    Last edited by Madeupfriend; 2012-04-17 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added Video

Deleted
    Looked really good, but the game itself doesn't look much like that at all as it employs a much brighter art style which also looks like it's a bit on the cell-shaded side of things. The game seems dark so a dark game was what I expected, the trailer only reinforced that belief and then it's... quite bright.

Will hold my judgement until later though, looks like a fun game

Deleted
    Think it looks pretty epic. But then I think so about almost every cinematic trailer.

As long as its not another RAGE.

I'm also not quite sure what the difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios is.

Deleted
    It looks good. And Bethesda Softworks is Bethesda itself, Bethesda Game Studios is the name in-house development team of Bethesda. This game is developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.

Deleted
    That looked interesting.

Deleted
    Considering Arkane made two wonderful games (Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) I think we can expect a wonderful action/stealth/adventure game.

Arkane are based in my city by the way and I may know some old friends from an online gaming community forum who are currently working on dishonored. Gotta check them for facts and tease!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, can't say anything about a game based on a cinematic trailer, but it certainly looked like a cross between:

Thief
    Bioshock
    V for Vendetta
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Looks like a pretty nice game so far, very reminiscent of half life (Art wise anyway). Apparently one of the artists that worked on half life and half life 2 is working on this too.

Just hope stealth is done well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Only me that think that Corvo look like Jim Raynor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of a steampunk/elder scroll style. First thing popped into my mind was when he got the mark was some Daedric god giving him power to go muck things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a futuristic Assassin's Creed.

Me gusta.

i'd love a new game Seems nice so far. would love to hear more.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Well, can't say anything about a game based on a cinematic trailer, but it certainly looked like a cross between:

Thief
    Bioshock
    V for Vendetta
    Thought the same, but i aded a bit of assasin's creed in there. Still would love to see how it will turn out

I like the world design... but what kind of a game is it?

I'm...guessing... it might be an FPS? That was a cinema, so I can't really tell if that's the game or not.

If it's an FPS, as nice as it is, I'll pass. Just so damn tired of FPSes...

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    Thought the same, but i aded a bit of assasin's creed in there. Still would love to see how it will turn out
    I'll add Half-Life 2. Long-legged archers reminds me of Striders and overall brutal law enforcement treat people as garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty cool, hope I have money by then.

I like how it's got a steam-punkish influence, yet it's not overly done.

Deleted
    Thief+AC+Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I like the world design... but what kind of a game is it?

I'm...guessing... it might be an FPS? That was a cinema, so I can't really tell if that's the game or not.

If it's an FPS, as nice as it is, I'll pass. Just so damn tired of FPSes...

I read an article about this game a while back. It is a FPS with various ways to complete objectives (think Deus Ex) yet there is one catch - If you fumble a mission or assassination you could literally just keep playing and let the story play out with the failure of the mission altering the overall game.

Would rather see a Fallout 4 trailer.