Call of the Elements

So i have been playing on the beta and noticed something kinda strange. When i use Call of the Elements it will reset the CD on Stormlash totem which has a 5min CD but does not reset the CD on Fire Elemental Totem which also has a 5 min CD. i was wondering if anyone else has noticed it to. Is this the way it is intended to work or is it broken?

Deleted
    I just tried on beta and it doesn't work for me either. I guess it's intended, all though it surprised me as well.

I think they want it to be a utility tier, rather than a DPS tier.

Deleted
    Working as intended. Its not meant to reset the cooldown on the Elementals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be bugged for Stormlash, thats a raid cd I doubt we should be able to use it twice in 5 min.

Deleted
    It may not be a bug but I agree I doubt Stormlash will make it live on CotE, else once again CotE is the hands down best choice for all 3 specs in PvE, all the time (unless some constant ranged AoE snares are needed and you have no Hunter or Frost DK).

One would assume it's a bug. It makes no sense for CotE to affect one 5min CD and not the other. And since the tooltip says "...base cooldown less than 5min." it seems safe to think it won't affect Stormlash either.

Personally I still like CotE for PvE
    Last edited by tusker; 2012-04-17 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    It may not be a bug but I agree I doubt Stormlash will make it live on CotE, else once again CotE is the hands down best choice for all 3 specs in PvE, all the time (unless some constant ranged AoE snares are needed and you have no Hunter or Frost DK).
    Maybe some throwing magma totem at adds or something.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    One would assume it's a bug. It makes no sense for CotE to affect one 5min CD and not the other. And since the tooltip says "...base cooldown less than 5min." it seems safe to think it won't affect Stormlash either.

Personally I still like CotE for PvE
    Stuff like CotE has to have the exceptions hard-coded in; the tooltip is descriptive, not definitive. All that's likely happened is they tweaked CoTE, and THEN added Stormlash Totem, and just haven't gotten around to adding it to CotE's exceptions. Or they're planning changes to one or both that would render doing so irrelevant.

Deleted
    I've noticed that when you use stormlash totem, if you haven't already used your FE then it locks the latter ability out and vice vera; have blizz done this intentionally? I was hoping you could have both EE and FE out at the same time along with using stormlash and then planned to be able to use CotE straight after it expired to be able to re-cast stormlash immediately but it seems you can't do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusic View Post
    I've noticed that when you use stormlash totem, if you haven't already used your FE then it locks the latter ability out and vice vera; have blizz done this intentionally? I was hoping you could have both EE and FE out at the same time along with using stormlash and then planned to be able to use CotE straight after it expired to be able to re-cast stormlash immediately but it seems you can't do that
    I just went onto the beta, I was able to put down Fire Elemental and Stormlash totem at the same time, pop CotE and put Stormlash totem down again?