View Poll Results: Does he deserve all the weeks for cheating on the test?

Voters
454. This poll is closed
  • He Deserves it!! He Cheated!

381 83.92%
  • He does totally not deserve it!

73 16.08%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Not taking advantage of others =/= being naive
    Would you take an advantage of someone if you thought he might take advantage of you if given an opportunity?

Teacher was actually very forgiving, he could have failed his ass on the test or kicked him out of his class. The kid is lucky he got by with cheating by only having to sweep and dry clean an erase board for 6 weeks.

Most teachers here will tear up your test if you get caught cheating, and then set you in the hall for the remainder of the period, so it's obvious you cheated, and embarrassing as hell.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-04-18 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Would you take an advantage of someone if you thought he might take advantage of you if given an opportunity?
    Tit for tat right? No, being an asshole to someone just because they were a dick to you just makes you no better than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    So a freind of mine cheated on a test we did (we're in 9th grade, so last year of school before gymnasium starts) and then the teacher saw that something was wrong with his test and looked it up, and saw it was all fake. The teacher yelled at him like a... I don't know even the word for that. He did the same test the same day and scored A on it but still the teacher is forcing him to sweep and dry and clean his class room, EVERY DAY after school for 6 weeks.

Is the Teacher Right or Wrong to do that? Tell me what you think!
    In all honesty that teacher sounds like he is trying to get your friend to break his lazy, bad habits now so that he becomes a better person in the long run. Think about it this way - if the teacher had simply given him a 0 for the test, it would hurt his grades (which he deserves) but may not really curb his habit, he may just try to be a better cheater and shortchange his future. The teacher still gave him the chance to prove himself and is putting some discipline in him now. It doesn't take that long to clean up a classroom, he'll be fine. That's MUCH better than 6 weeks of detention.

Tit for tat right? No, being an asshole to someone just because they were a dick to you just makes you no better than they are.
    That's nice, i do respect that .

Deleted
    Show no mercy, if you cheat, you accept the consequences of cheating, cheat better, don't get caught next time. : 3, it's not like the grades matter in any way, really, except that in order to get to the high school you wish to go to, your average must be high enough, and who the hell cares about average anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    That's nice, i do respect that .
    I'm a pretty cynical guy in reality, but that doesn't mean I need to disrespect others.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbob View Post
    If you don't want to be punished for cheating, don't cheat. Teacher was too lenient. He should have been kicked out of the school in my opinion. Cheating himself, the school, and all his classmates. Absolutely disgraceful.
    Yeah, 'cause his classmates are really going to get affected by this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Yeah, 'cause his classmates are really going to get affected by this...
    He cheats, gets a higher GPA and as a result he steals opportunities from students who completed their tests honestly.

Considering the punishment wasn't being expelled from school (yes, that can happen for cheating), failing the test, failing the course, notifying the parents, or a combination of any or all of the above, I would say he lucked out.

I would get to sweeping, and think about why you're sweeping.

Good. Maybe he'll learn not to cheat

Deleted
    What a wrong punishment!!! I think it should be up to the kids parents to punish him like that, not the school

If he's gonna cheat, he at least should've made sure he wouldn't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawax View Post
    What a wrong punishment!!! I think it should be up to the kids parents to punish him like that, not the school
    He had to sweep the floor, not swab the decks.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawax View Post
    And some parents will give him candy and new toys because he was caught and scolded by the teacher for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    I'm from Sweden actually, and it's not really illegal here because of a new School Law here that was implemented last year. But it is only 1 week and not more, so yes it is true.
    Sounds fine to me, should teach your friend to not cheat in the future, doesn't take that much to study for tests, a week or so of concentrated work and he should be able to ace those tests.

Tell your friend to play by the book in the future. Will save him a lot of time and unnecessary work. Also your friend wont die from cleaning the class room.

In short, don't blame the teacher, if your friend cheated he should blame himself and I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here just telling it how I see it.

Of course if the teacher is repeatedly busting your friends balls for no reason your friend should, a. take it up with his parents and b. go to the headteacher/principel with it, but from what you have written in the OP your friend actually did cheat and that warrents some kind of punishment, and cleaning the class room isn't gonna kill him.

Edit: Also once you start gymnasium there won't nearly as much hand-holding from the teachers, at least not when I was in the gymnasium, you and your friend will be required to take a lot more personal responsibility for your studies, esp once you turn 18, by then the teachers won't even bother having much contact with your parents since you are legally a grown up... again this was how it was when I was in the gymnasium.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-04-21 at 02:59 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    He cheated, he deserves punishment. This punishment seems reasonable enough.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be silly or shocking punishment , it all depends what country you're from. There are different standards everywhere for everything. Where I come from, if you get caught cheating you just get lowest grade possible without ability to "rewrite" test later.

Ya, well it really isn't my intention to change your world view, you obviously have your own set of priorities. I was merely commenting, mostly to others, how this sort of mindset is contributing to the decay of society. Hopefully you're in the minority, but you never know nowadays.
    You need to get those blinders out Xylop(I totally agree with you though) but this world is(sadly) turning more and more egocentric, thats reality really and if you really want to succed you better be ready to fuck people over in the process... or at the very least be ready to get the blinders out and simply walk through life without wasting time and effort to help those less fortunate.

I'm turning more and more into a synicical old bastard :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...