Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Legendary Staff - Smoldering Essence Droprate Stealth Nerf Confirmed

Update - Daxxarri wrote a short post on the subject, but it looks like we won't get anything more than that.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We didn't particularly want a lot of these items in circulation, so that's partially intended. We really do want to keep legendary weapons legendary, and Dragonwrath ended up being more readily available than we were comfortable with.

Nonetheless, we should have recognized that the completion rate was faster than we wanted, and taken action, sooner.

Legendary Staff - Smoldering Essence Droprate Stealth Nerf Confirmed
    One of the many stealth nerf deployed yesterday on live realms was a nerf of the questline to obtain Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest, but not in a good way.

The droprate of Smoldering Essences required for the Heart of the Flame quest has been considerably lowered, you will now get about 50% less essences than before the nerf.

• For example, you will now get 9 or 10 essences from bosses in 25-Man Heroic mode instead of 17-19.
    • Players in 10-Man Heroic mode will only get 3 or 4 instead of an average of 7.

This change is surprising and might not be a good news for players, if Blizzard suddenly wants some parts of the game to last longer before the next patch.

Just like any of yesterday's nerf to the firelands raid bosses, we don't have any comment or information from Blizzard at this point and the only comment is from a Blizzard QA poster who confirmed that this is indeed an intentional change.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    This was an intentional change, not a bug.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-09-08 at 04:45 AM.

So have fun getting those staves, 10-mans.

15+ Year Old Account
    This looks like a heroic-only nerf atm, btw.

It brings the benefit of doing heroic modes to only very slightly above normal modes in terms of drops (10N drops 3 and 25N drops 8 VS 10H at 4 and 25H at 10).
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-09-07 at 06:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So that will pretty much put the 2nd 10man staff well into 4.3. That's cute.

Hmm, not very surprising. Can't say I'm too happy about it, but probably best considering how fast some guilds were obtaining multiple staves already.

So...10mans are looking at roughly 13-15 weeks of 6/7 heroic modes to get a legendary? Well played, Blizzard.

Might have something to do with the stealth nerfs to the bosses. Perhaps they figure most guilds progression will jump thus making more Essence available during their lockout. But pulling the reigns back on top guilds that are already going for a 2nd or 3rd staff already.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    This looks like a heroic-only nerf atm, btw.It brings the benefit of doing heroic modes to only very slightly above normal modes in terms of drops (10N drops 3 and 25N drops 8 VS 10H at 4 and 25H at 10).
    Can you confirm this? I want to believe that I won't be pushed into may, but I've heard otherwise.

nice move blizzard - you assholes....

that sucks. seriously that is horrible, our boomkin is only halfway through that part

Deleted
    10 Man's up shitcreek without a paddle once again =/ I wouldn't mind so much but my server population is so dead that we can only manage 10 man's because of the severe lack of players -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Can you confirm this? I want to believe that I won't be pushed into may, but I've heard otherwise.
    I can't confirm it - but that's what the thread on the official forums states from a 25-man player who switched to normal afterwards - they still got 8 in normal, which is standard.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Group 1: OMG it's too easy! Casuals get everything! Stupid Srubs! You suck Blizzard!
    Group 2: OMG it's too hard! Hardcores get everything! Stupid Elitists! You suck Blizzard!
    Blizzard: DM is Dead Mines dammit!

So 4.3 in 5 months then? ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we can calculate time to new patch

Sigh... Just got my last ember yesterday. Guess I won't have the staff until sometime next year =/

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    10 Man's up shitcreek without a paddle once again =/ I wouldn't mind so much but my server population is so dead that we can only manage 10 man's because of the severe lack of players -.-
    At least you're not on Failcrank (Fizzcrank). 2nd worst server in PVE progression in the world (take that Scryers!). I don't think we have any 25-man raids on our server.

Wait.., what? o_o, that's just ridiculous... I thought the pace of 10-man was way too slow already... Now almost denying 10-man guilds the ability to even acquire a Legendary before the next patch, argh.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man guilds go boom !!

(as funny as it is to see the rage, it really does kinda suck as im in a 10 man guild :/ )
    Last edited by PhilCosby; 2011-09-07 at 06:39 PM. Reason: clarifying
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.