Any products you can recommended for accutane?

Hey, I'm going on accutane in a few more days and am trying to get ready to embrace the side effects, any products you guys can recommend to help with the side affects like the chapped lips and dry skin?

Was on accutane 5 or so years ago for 7 months. I used blistex, but any lip balm works. And for the dry skin, my dermatologist prescribed me something, and don't have it anymore, so I don't remember. All I can say though, is stay out of the sun for long periods of time. 5 minutes in the sun, I live in Arizona, so second worst UV in the world, would net me a nice sun burn, even to this day (maybe 10 minutes now). Keep lip balm with you at all times, dry lips was my least favorite part of accutane, I had to reapply lip balm every couple hours, and if I forgot to, or didn't have it on me, my chapped lips would crack and start to bleed.

I was thinking of using cortibalm for my lips, anyone tried that?

Advice on the treatment side effects is great, however useful advice is also that showering daily and washing ones face helps towards the same goal. Also, I am assuming your age on this part and I am sorry if I'm incorrect, but many grow out of the acne.

Lastly, your doctor, if he/she is responsible, should be able to refer you a dermatologist who can help you the most with your concerns. DONT HESITATE TO ASK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thedrummar View Post
    Advice on the treatment side effects is great, however useful advice is also that showering daily and washing ones face helps towards the same goal. Also, I am assuming your age on this part and I am sorry if I'm incorrect, but many grow out of the acne.

Lastly, your doctor, if he/she is responsible, should be able to refer you a dermatologist who can help you the most with your concerns. DONT HESITATE TO ASK!!!
    I shower once a day and moisturize my face after my shower always, and iv also tried so many other creams and pills for my skin and none worked so I just want to go on accutane and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    I shower once a day and moisturize my face after my shower always, and iv also tried so many other creams and pills for my skin and none worked so I just want to go on accutane and get it over with.
    Fair enough, I 100% support you in this. Acne is never fun >< and this decisions is something you should own and be supported through. Best of luck! I've been there before!

But be aware of the side effects(it is a cancer drug after all), and if you have any questions or need support through the side effects, a doctor and subsequently a dermatologist is who you want to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrummar View Post
    Fair enough, I 100% support you in this. Acne is never fun >< and this decisions is something you should own and be supported through. Best of luck! I've been there before!

But be aware of the side effects(it is a cancer drug after all), and if you have any questions or need support through the side effects, a doctor and subsequently a dermatologist is who you want to talk to.
    Thanks for the support.

Take fish pills, they really do make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Take fish pills, they really do make a difference
    IS that just for the omega 3? I take a multi vitamin already and it contains fish oil for omega 3.