Deleted

Holy Paladin PvP 4.3

Hello people.

I'm kind of confused and I would like some input from everyone that roams free on the forums.

What stat is strongest to stack for a holy pally in PvP? Some say crit, some say mastery, some say haste, spirit, resilience.

I'm currently trying to step into the arena, done a few matches even with my "mastery-reforged" gear (it's a mess!) ..

My current play style involves a lot of holy shock and I'm not really running out of mana. Unfortunatly, the server is down for maintenance at this point.
    Not able to post links yet so look me up (Analogia, 85 paladin, Silvermoon) at Armory. PS: Currently in a PvE spec.

Feel free to criticize anything you want, as long as it's helpful.

- David / Analogia, Silvermoon
    Last edited by mmoc67bb788d61; 2012-04-18 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Added information about my current spec

Deleted
    First of all i'm not much of a PvP'er, but i can tell from your current playstyle that with a lot of Hshocking you aren't going to create big shields being mastery reforged or not and i doubt they're actually worth it. I personally would probably go crit cause i doubt that you at any point will create shields big enough to actually save someone's ass compared to actually saving someone's ass by giving them a big crit WoG or InstaFoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqdq View Post
    First of all i'm not much of a PvP'er, but i can tell from your current playstyle that with a lot of Hshocking you aren't going to create big shields being mastery reforged or not and i doubt they're actually worth it. I personally would probably go crit cause i doubt that you at any point will create shields big enough to actually save someone's ass compared to actually saving someone's ass by giving them a big crit WoG or InstaFoL.
    Yeah, pretty much this. Crit is a fantastic stat for us because it gives a massive, instant heal when you crit on Holy Shock. Thus, crit suits your play style really well if you love instant casts like I do. However, if a big part of your healing comes from casted heals, haste would make more of an impact on your throughput. It all comes down to play style and if you and the RNG gods get along.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Hello people.

I'm kind of confused and I would like some input from everyone that roams free on the forums.

What stat is strongest to stack for a holy pally in PvP? Some say crit, some say mastery, some say haste, spirit, resilience.

I'm currently trying to step into the arena, done a few matches even with my "mastery-reforged" gear (it's a mess!) ..

My current play style involves a lot of holy shock and I'm not really running out of mana. Unfortunatly, the server is down for maintenance at this point.
    Not able to post links yet so look me up (Analogia, 85 paladin, Silvermoon) at Armory. PS: Currently in a PvE spec.

Depends what you plan on PvPing in. (RBG's you might need a lot more mana conservation if you are trying to keep bases defended, might need spikier heals if you are healing a FC with a couple stacks... etc) Arena: I'd say crit. More instant heals = less delay on keeping buddies up and less interrupts.

I PvP'd extensively as Holy from 4.0-mid 4.2. Got to 2080 RBG rating (around that, didnt ding 2100) and about 1860 2's, as I played pretty casually with a group of friends. I went for crit mostly, with a little bit of spirit to prevent going oom in big flag fights (Gilneas/AB/EoTS). Crit pretty much just lets you instant cast 80% of the time. Last Word becomes nearly guaranteed crits, and Holy Shock crits just give you instant flash heals. Personally the 9% haste from judgements and 5% more from raid buffs was enough to keep me happy with cast speeds.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ledus/advanced

Sadly, I decided to go Ret when I came back to PvP, as I'm even more casual than before. Some people quit WoW until MoP and I'm trying to help new people practice up for next xpac, when I plan to come back to PvP in full force. =)
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-04-18 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks all for the information.

So would it be a good idea for me to get gear with spirit and reforge to crit, or the other way around so that I always get both?

1.) Take all gear with +Crit
    2.) Enchant it with +Intelect and +Crit
    3.) Gem it with +Intelect + Crit and put some +Spirit or +Intelect/Spirit gems to blue sockets

Simple as that. Blizz fucked up with mana regen and gear scalling as always at the end of expansion so mana should not realy be an issue. If you still have mana issues you are doing something wrong, but you can help it by taking some +spirit pvp trinket or buying Darkmoon Card healing trinket.

A great guide for PvP HPalas:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...paladin-guide/

Amongst other stuff it says "Int>Crit>Spirit>Resi>Haste>Stamina>Mastery>hit>>others".

I use all resil items and reforge mostly for crit/spirit with int/resil gems-int/spirit-int gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    1.) Take all gear with +Crit
    Would you even take crit on trinkets, over resilience that is?

Thanks again people

Thanks again people
    No not the trinket, but even if you do you should be fine. Imo you should focus more on getting a good partner and practice your skills then min-maxing pvp gear. O I forgot:

4. Reforge Mastery and Haste to +Crit

Thanks again people
    No, IMO:

1 Resil
    2 Int
    3 Crit
    3.5 Spirit
    4 Haste
    5 Mastery

Take that AJ thread with a grain of salt, I think its over 2 years old and made in Vicious.

15+ Year Old Account
    For trinkets, I find that the Battlemaster's (+HP use with +Resil passive) and the standard PvP trinket work well for me. It is more of a defensive build than some would use but I think that is fairly important in any kind of real PvP setting since you will be a primary target.

Edit: I accidentally all my words.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-04-19 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    For trinkets, I find that the Battlemaster's (+HP use with +Resil passive) and the standard PvP trinket work well for me. It is more of a defensive build than some would use but I think that is fairly important in any kind of real PvP setting since you will be a primary target.

Edit: I accidentally all my words.
    On the topic of trinkets, I used the standard pvp one and the pop for SP one. I macro'd the SP one into wings (I was a FC healer, they die fn fast.)
    Trinkets are all preference though.

And yeah, as people have said, I wore all resilience gear, no PvE items at all. Then, I did +40 int, 20 int/20 crit, and 20 int/20 spirit gems.
    Stack crit, do some games. If you notice you are ooming yourself pretty quickly, get a little spirit. I barely needed to get any spirit, and that was before cataclysmic gear was even out.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone, this has given me a better "insight" or what ever you'd like to call it :P

So I will do the following: get gear with resilience (trinkets), then gear with crit, reforge to spirit if i find myself running out of mana and finally find myself a good arena partner

Hello people.

Meta: 54 int + 10% silence reduction or 54 int + increased max mana
    Reds: 67 int (JC) & 50 int
    Yellows: 25 int + 25 resil
    Blues: 25 int + 25 spirit

Reforge all of your pieces that have spirit to crit.

Make sure your bracers, cape, neck, 1 of the rings, and boots are "of medication". You will reforge those pieces to crit. Belt will be "of cruelty" and add a extra socket and red gem it. You won't need to reforge it.

Head: reforge mastery to crit
    shoulder: reforge spirit to crit
    chest: reforge spirit to crit
    gloves: reforge haste to crit
    pants: leave pants alone

mace: dont reforge
    shield (of redoubt): reforge to crit
    relic of salvation: reforge to crit

if you're a jewelcrafter and you're human, use 67 resil gems instead of 67 int. you'll have access to 2 pve trinkets that'll cover up more than even int gain while the 67 resil covers up the loss of resil from double pve trinkets. tsunami deck & heart of unliving will be your trinkets. if you aren't human, pvp trinket and tsunami (heart of unliving if you have normal or heroic).

light of dawn is a useless talent in pvp so don't bother using it. you'll never use holy light in pvp unless you get a kill for crusader & a infusion of light proc for a fast cast... but that is very unlikely. you'll never use holy radiance either. holy shock, flash of light, and divine light are your main heals. switch beacon of light to targets you are healing for better holy power regen.

dont worry about your crit reforge. you won't run out of mana if you use judgement for your mana regen. you have enough spirit with the gear alone.

standard crit pvp healer build is:

31/2/8

wowhead.com/talent#sMIbzrkuufo0bZcbh:VackofcMz

i also included glyphs that will need.

hope this helps!

Skyzero - Mal'Ganis - US
    Last edited by Skyzerovoltwo; 2012-04-20 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyzerovoltwo View Post
    if you're a jewelcrafter and you're human, use 67 resil gems instead of 67 int. you'll have access to 2 pve trinkets that'll cover up more than even int gain while the 67 resil covers up the loss of resil from double pve trinkets. tsunami deck & heart of unliving will be your trinkets. if you aren't human, pvp trinket and tsunami (heart of unliving if you have normal or heroic).
    I was thinking about using my Windward Heart, but it's from LFR and I currently use the Maw of the Dragonlord (also LFR), should I get enough resilience (gems) to cover up the loss from using a non-pvp trinket? What are your thoughts on the weapon?

Thank you, that the exact information I was looking for. What to use and why.
    Last edited by mmoc67bb788d61; 2012-04-22 at 08:12 AM. Reason: thought of the wrong trinket

I was thinking about using my Windward Heart, but it's from LFR and I currently use the Maw of the Dragonlord (also LFR), should I get enough resilience (gems) to cover up the loss from using a non-pvp trinket? What are your thoughts on the weapon?

Thank you, that the exact information I was looking for. What to use and why.
    You don't need the Windward Heart. You need the spirit from Tsunami since it is such an important stat in pvp. You're going to constantly be healing and there will be times when you won't have any time to sit down and drink. Don't use Maw of the Dragonlord. You need the PVP Gavel because it gives you the crit & resil that you need which is VERY important. Tsunami & Heart of Unliving are must haves. And yes, full resil gems on yellows if you're running 2 pve trinkets. But that is ONLY if you are human.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone, now I have a way better idea on how I'm going to gear, spec and play my holy paladin