Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shattering Blow - Why keep bubble at all?

Before reading this: I missed the fact that shattering blow is only available after casting symbiosis on a warrior!

Hailing from the main page:

Shattering Blow is instant, activates Catform, costs 50 Energy, deals some dmg and reduces armor by 20%. However, if a target is invulnerable (Bubble, HoP, Iceblock..) the invulnerability will vanish. Just like Shattering Throw from the warrior, but without the casttime. And it has 30 yards range O_o.

For PvE Bubble will not change a bit. But in PvP Bubble slowly becomes the most pointless ability of all.

Priests, Warriors and Druids can take it away now. That's like every Arenamatch or every BG, where you potentially meet at least one class capable of destroying bubble. And shattering blow being an instant attack is really really stupid on top of that.

I don't know.. They should just remove bubble from PvP.. This is getting ridiculous.. We are somewhat still being balanced around the bubble and yet bubble is getting worse and worse..

It's just too many classes that can take it away and I really don't see the need for that. A ret uses bubble to break cc most of the time anyway, due to the 50% dmg reduction and the little amount of healing our manapool allows. Only Holy Palas had a really good use of bubble.

Is another class really necessary to be capable of destroying Bubble and such? When you press Bubble, you expect to be invulnerable because otherwise you would probably have died. This is a stupid mechanic anyway: 5 min cd, 8 seconds of invulnerability and 10 specs being able to destroy it. It's not like that Bubble was really op.. Esp. not for prot or ret..

What are you thoughts on this? Or did I miss something? Just saw that ability on the main page and thought "Really?.. Yet another class? Whose idea was that?"

I honestly think they should take Bubble away and compensate us with a mechanic that is not prejudiced by the evil Bubble. Or simply make it a second insignia..

Ps.: I used the search function, but didn't find anything. Should this be discussed already somewhere else, I apologize. Didn't find it.

Edit: And when you think about HoP: Priests can take it away, warriors can take it away, druids can take it away and dispells (shamans, DKs with icy touch glyph, priests again, hunters and mages). It's like a real jeopardy to cast HoP. Kinda everyone can take it away. But srsly, for what friggin' reason? Will Monks be able to dispell or destroy invulnerabilities?... -_____-
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-04-18 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this sounds completely retarded, we are already so gimped in pvp with all the interrupts/silences in game now...this is gonna make things so much harder on us.

Deleted
    Kitty cleave gogogogo

Deleted
    As it currently stands the Shattering blow available to Druids is only available from the use of symbiosis with a warrior. And the Druid must be in Feral dps spec (not guardian). Unless something has changed since they released the (still beta) symbiosis combinations, giving druids shattering blow without the need of symbiosis.

So as it stands, you would have to be up against a Feral Druid AND there must be a warrior on the enemy arena team as well, but depending on the exact setup you are against there might be a better choice for the feral to use symbiosis on.

Priests, Warriors and Druids can take it away now. That's like every Arenamatch or every BG, where you potentially meet at least one class capable of destroying bubble.
    You missed part where Shattering Blow requires presence of a symbiotically linked warrior in same arena or bg, who can destroy your bubble anyway.

Deleted
    This will only hapen if there is already a Warrior on the opposing team and since there is usually not all that much use for two shatterings the chanses that the feral even has this ability is low. This is not as big a problem as you make it out to be.

Besides, if the complete removal of bleeds by every monk goes live you won't see all that many ferals at all.

Yeah, I missed the symbiosis part. Alright.. That makes it a bit more complicated, but still there is somewhat a tendency that there is a greater chance now for bubble to be destroyed. I mean, besides sybmiosis, it's 8 seconds and kinda blinds everyone now due to the new spelleffect. That's like a "PLEASE, dispell me asap!!!".

Although Bubble is baseline, the use for prot and ret is really small. Thus I don't understand why so many classes at all are able to take it away or why bubble works the way it does. The mechanic of destroying Bubble was introduced when Bubble lasted 12 seconds.

And regarding my "Edit" in the opening post, we better wait for getting info on how offensive dispell is supposed to work in MoP. Can't believe it'll stay as it is right now.

I am happy with the new divine shield animation being very clear. I play a paladin myself but I often mistake divine shield animation with prot pally's guardian or retri's absorb and sometimes I don't see any animation at all and out of sudden I get immune spam.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    I am happy with the new divine shield animation being very clear. I play a paladin myself but I often mistake divine shield animation with prot pally's guardian or retri's absorb and sometimes I don't see any animation at all and out of sudden I get immune spam.
    Yeah, but I have a problem with spells that kinda jump into the eye and are dispellable. If they are not dispellable, they can be as shiny and clear as they want. Bubble in Beta is really like "Hello!!! How are you? I am fine. Too fine in fact. Please ravage me!!!".

If there is already a warrior wo already have shattering blow, it would be useless to use symbiosis with him. To shatter bubble a moonkin with mass dispell would be much more interresting, because you can dispell all magical effects on them.

Deleted
    I noticed this as well. Unless they make it that you can't cast symbiosis outside of the arena gates, we'll see a lot of feral+warr teams with double shattering as soon as they realize the oponent team has a paladin.

Since we're on the topic of paladins and symbiosis... Can ret paladins get kitty leap out of symbiosis? Pretty please?

I can see it now: 2v2 ret+feral, double bubble leaping trouble.
    Last edited by mmoc984b1988d1; 2012-04-18 at 12:59 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, IDK if I'm fine with the fact that it is instant, as you can dodge Mass Dispel and LoS shattering throw... but instant? =/

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    I noticed this as well. Unless they make it that you can't cast symbiosis outside of the arena gates, we'll see a lot of feral+warr teams with double shattering as soon as they realize the oponent team has a paladin.

Since we're on the topic of paladins and symbiosis... Can ret paladins get kitty leap out of symbiosis? Pretty please?

I can see it now: 2v2 ret+feral, double bubble leaping trouble.
    Don't they have to talent for charge now? Wild Charge I thought.
    Or does that ability give them 2 kitty leaps... if so, I am sad paladin.

slightly off topic but can someone explain to me how a warrior's shattering blow can get rid of bubble? I mean I understand mass dispel, mystical magics and everything. But the warrior, does he just HULK SMASH the bubble, is it just his pure strength? never seemed to make sense lore wise..

Sorry for noobish question but how do priests remove the bubble? Simply dispelling? Im not pvping at all tho

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Sorry for noobish question but how do priests remove the bubble? Simply dispelling? Im not pvping at all tho
    Mass Dispel.

Calling this one now:

Symbiosis in 5.0 gets blamed as a key factor for arena unbalancing, Blizzard removes the ability to use it (similar to Shadow of Death/Bloodlust) in Arena for 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    slightly off topic but can someone explain to me how a warrior's shattering blow can get rid of bubble? I mean I understand mass dispel, mystical magics and everything. But the warrior, does he just HULK SMASH the bubble, is it just his pure strength? never seemed to make sense lore wise..
    Yeah, and the catform one is going to be Shrek 2 animation. PLX COME OUT OF BUBBLEZ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Hmm, IDK if I'm fine with the fact that it is instant, as you can dodge Mass Dispel and LoS shattering throw... but instant? =/

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 03:07 PM ----------

Don't they have to talent for charge now? Wild Charge I thought.
    Or does that ability give them 2 kitty leaps... if so, I am sad paladin.
    They do have to talent for it, I should have made it clear. I just got a bit carried away

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    They do have to talent for it, I should have made it clear. I just got a bit carried away
    It's cool, I wasn't sure either way. :P
    I was gonna be really sad though if they had two charges if they grabbed Wild Charge. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    well, you get a nice energie shield, i throw a truck in your face, your shield goes POFF, you die in a entertaining way, explained enough?