Deleted

Linking accounts.

Hey folks

Having bought GW2 *excited* I kept trying to link GW1 on the registering process, but kept getting email/password error display tab. Sent in the problem to support & got a reply (from "City of Heroes Support Team" hehe) but both times of little use.

In the end I gave up & tried to register without linking & it worked instantly. *cheer*

My problem now is, I`m trying to find some way to link my GW1 account to the GW2 one but can`t find anything anywhere.

Has any of you good folk knowledge of a link or ideas of how/where etc to how I could do this please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Did I say I`m excited this is coming out?

I guess you had an @ncsoft account? There seems to be a problem with that. There's been a twitter post saying they're working on the issue.
    Don't worry, it will be resolved.

You've got at least 2 months before release and it actually matters anyway...so yh, don't worry
    And screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....yh, we're all excited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I guess you had an @ncsoft account? There seems to be a problem with that. There's been a twitter post saying they're working on the issue.
    Don't worry, it will be resolved.

You've got at least 2 months before release and it actually matters anyway...so yh, don't worry
    And screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....yh, we're all excited
    Yep I`ve got the @ncsoft (two actually hehe). Oddly, a mate managed to register & link his with no problem.

Ah thanks, tried viewing all their Twitters, but there`re billions ( or there abouts ;p).

Wasn`t overly panicky or anything was just curious if it was just me doing something daft/wrong as usual

Crossing fingers they figure things out.

The way they worded it was pretty damn weird to be honest, but I also had issues and just registered it under my email address that my ncsoft email is under, so hopefully that will resolve itself or have a way to resolve down the line before release. 35/50 HoM rewards, and don't wanna miss those!

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    I have the same issue as you bud, I wouldnt panic though.

I think we can safely assume we will be able to merge accounts on the account management website. It is still early days though, so just be patient. I can safely tell you this as I asked them about it on twitter and they answered my my questions. The account webpage isn't completed yet.

I did the same thing as you and just skipped it all together. The whole, email address / account name was an small oversight on their part. I did feel stupid, as after I had registered my account, I had time to think, and help my misses link her accounts.