Taric Support. Called a noob for supporting and not tanking. (level 30s) RAGE :P

I currently play around 13 champions, 3 of those being support. Janna, Soraka, and Taric, Taric being my newest.

Last night I was doing a solo draft pick and we arranged a pretty decent team. We had an Irelia up top, Mundo jungle, Kass Mid, Kog and Taric(me) bot.

Summoner Spells: Cv and Flash

Starting items: Faerie Charm, 1 POT, 2 reg wards, 1 pink ward.

I go in, place my wards, one next to dragon/entrance of blue and the second one is placed under the bush where Dragon is at. (bot lane was pretty ungankable. Also placed a ward on the bot bush so we could have control over them.

Level 3, we are pushing the lane, Kog hasnt been missing his last hits, I see Maoki coming, I ping retreat, kog stays in, almost gets killed, blames it on me. "fail ward placement." I carried on, didnt say anything because I saw Maoki coming. He then buys a ward, tries to be cool and tries to put it in the bush on the river. (yeah tries, he missed and put it just outside the bush) Tells me i should be placing wards only there. game carries on, almost gets ganked again, blames it on the "fail wards"

mid game, i have my Aegis of the Legion, then I build my Shurelyas. Map is warded, KOG gets killed AGAIN. says its my fault for not buying a Oracle(granted i had one) CALLS ME A NOOB for NOT tanking. Told him we have two people who can tank. Mundo or Irelia, and that I came in the game as support. (sure I would have adjusted if we didnt have two tanky people already) says "taric is any role man build HP"
    Really? Are people so stupid??

Anyway, we won the game. -.-

Deleted
    tbh, nothing new. While i see that this is annyoing, just ignore those people.

I myself was in a situation where i played sona as support, heres what one of my teammates says:
    "Nub, sona not support only lux and orianna is"

So whatever people say, take it with a pinch of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's ranked, don't listen to people. Majority of players these days are unfortunally 12 year old scrubs who reckon they know everything and act elitist and fail terribly.

But nowadays, even in ranked you get these same kids who rage at anything you do, even when you are winning/better than them.

Everyone rages as the Supports and Junglers, it's just like WoW, if anything goes wrong it's always the Tanks/Healers fault.
    Every game is the same, it's just LoL has heaps of baddie players.

I hate being stuck in the low ELO games, I've been best on team every single game and still I'm at 950 Elo, can't carry a team as a support unfortunally.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was raged at by a top WuKong for playing support as Sona. They wanted me to do a damaging dude for bottom lane, even though we already had the "meta" in place.

This was several hundred games into level 30, and this was a guy with a skin. :/

We proceeded to buttslam hardcore, he changed his tune about Sona after many heals, wards and ults.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

I just don't understand how people can be so stupid. Just because they saw TARIC, and SONNA, TANK and DPS, it doesn't mean that is the only viable role they are good for. You chuckle at how ignorant these kids are at first but they just keep talking and talking like they know better than you. REALLY. Sure, you can always mute them, but I rather have everything coordinated in chat with everyone. People blame everyone else for their own mistakes instead of taking fault or admitting they did wrong. Also, it peeves me so much that people auto lock in draft, they don't even bother to counter pick or they don't want to work with their team. "i either ad bot or qeue dodge" honestly people should stay away from DRAFT if they cant play more than 5 characters and at least 3 roles...

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Unless it's ranked, don't listen to people. Majority of players these days are unfortunally 12 year old scrubs who reckon they know everything and act elitist and fail terribly.

But nowadays, even in ranked you get these same kids who rage at anything you do, even when you are winning/better than them.

Everyone rages as the Supports and Junglers, it's just like WoW, if anything goes wrong it's always the Tanks/Healers fault.
    Every game is the same, it's just LoL has heaps of baddie players.

I hate being stuck in the low ELO games, I've been best on team every single game and still I'm at 950 Elo, can't carry a team as a support unfortunally.
    I have a group, we dont do rank. I rather not do rank with them. Everytime we play, I carry the whole game, they are kids in their teens who get cocky and start messing around when we have the lead. (they have caused us to lose so much) So now I rarely play with them, I log in, do solo draft and have a better winning chance.

They also rather not be critiqued.
    Last edited by Needalight; 2012-04-18 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    My friend owns all champions except Taric. He absolutely despices him and has forbidden me from buying him.

Hate having to support people that aren't worth my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    My friend owns all champions except Taric. He absolutely despices him and has forbidden me from buying him.
    What's wrong with Taric? Gems too sexy for him to handle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Hate having to support people that aren't worth my support.

I don't know.. He just generally hates him.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Are people so stupid??
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Unfortunately yes.

Taric is already a half tank with Legion and Shurelia, thought I also tend to build a heart of gold for extra hp + gp10. As for Oracle, only get it if you know you can live through a team fight. It's 400gold thrown out the window when you die, so unless you can clear 4+ wards with it you lost more gold then gained, unless you have it for akali/vayne/twitch countering. Ignore bad ad carries and everything should be k after some orange juice.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I don't know.. He just generally hates him.
    You should buy him, and that sweet pink skin ASAP :P
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Just something about Taric. I play all the support champs except Taric. I own him. Tried to like him. Just don't. Maybe I am just a hater and mad at all the bling he owns.

Deleted
    OP: Lady's and gentlemens, LOL community right there!

Taric has a shield, he's so a tank!
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Taric has a shield, he's so a tank!
    Haha!

Taric has a shield, your argument is now invalid.