Guild wars 1 question

Have had a copy of it for a long time but never really played it much. Started playing it the other day, got a level 8 ranger now and just got to Fort Ranik. What I want to know is when do I get to more "alive" areas? Right now, everything is dead and brown :/

Another thing, how come there isn't a rogue/assassin class? Those are my favorite types of classes to play.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh another thing, I'm level 8 now and still only have 25 energy. Do I ever get more? It's annoying having to wait for it refill all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a assassin class its just exclusive to the factions campaign, and most likely you wont get more energy you just have to learn how to use your abilities effectively. Casters will get more energy through certain equipment but it will depends on how you spend your attribute points.One more thing its about your dual build when you get your secondary profession you can choose a class with abilities that will help you with your energy issues.

energy management is one of the key points to the combat (it's what makes Mesmers so frustrating to play against)

the only profession that can raise their energy cap is the elementalist. Otherwise you will have to use runes to put on your armor to raise your energy capacity (some weapons/weapon mods will raise your energy level too)

You won't see a change of scenery until around level 12/13 if you are playing prophecies.

The assassin profession is exclusive to the Factions campaign.