10+ Year Old Account

Asia-pacific transfers

Hello fellow Aussies, I know most of you are probably on the most common Aussie servers right now for the North American realms, but is there any talks of Aussies actually transferring off those popular NA realms to the Asia-pacific ones? Is there a major ping difference? (Servers placed outside of America?) I read somewhere that the Asia-pacific servers are located in Sydney, but I wasn't sure of it. And if most the Aussies are transferring, which servers are most of them interested in transferring to?

Because I plan to follow the crowd so I'm surrounded by Aussies who share the same timezone as me and be able to get more things done like dailies/HM's etc. I also wanna know so I don't land into a server with nothing but Vietnamese/Indonesian/Filpino speakers etc, would make life difficult.

I ask this because I'm going back to Australia soon.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-04-18 at 08:07 PM.

I live in Sydney and the ping to the aussie servers was like 17ms. I play on Jekk-Jekk Tar and one character on Swiftsure and the ping is usually 160-200ms. I'll be transferring ASAP but we haven't yet decided which Aussie server to transfer to.

10+ Year Old Account
    17ms? Insane, can't wait to see what it feels like to have such a ping like that for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a MAJOR difference in ping, last time I checked my MS it was 246ms on The Harbinger and 44ms on Dalborra, so yes.. there is a difference and I cannot wait to transfer.

What happens with the legacy? I'm assuming any characters on server A will lose any of the legacy stuff that your moved character provided? I'm really debating moving right now. 2 months ago, I couldn't wait to move, but I've found a seemingly good guild and while I won't be able to run a lot of stuff during the week, I think weekends may work out well. I also play with my siblings. We do have Republic toons as well but those are likely moving when they implement general transfers. The other thing was just to roll a new character entirely on the AP servers to play with my Aussie friends.

Thoughts/input/concerns/advice???

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all keen with moving, I just wanna know where the majority of Aussies are going so I'm not left behind on an Asia-Pacific server with people speaking an asian language.

I get performance like Byrogan, 250-300 on the Harbinger, and 30-60 on Dalborra, I cannot wait to get my toons over to Aussie soil.

And NatePsychotic, I love to pvp as Sage dps and Scoundrel healer, but I chose the pve server for raids, and to dodge some the folk that will go to the PvP server.

See you on there soon

Rhyan 50 Sage Balance dps
    Blutac 50 Smuggler Healer

say hi, and vote me for MVP if I do ok
    Last edited by Wulfram; 2012-04-21 at 04:43 PM. Reason: leved to 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just decided to transfer to Dalborra. I can't get things done on my old server sadly. I avoided the PvP server aswell because most PvP'ers I met tend to be stuck up. (No offense to any PvP'ers on MMO-champ)

My email says transfers end 2:00 EDT on the 24th. Is that AM or PM?

EDIT: And is anyone else having trouble viewing the transfer page? I just get a blank site when I click the request transfer link.
    Last edited by Jaronicity; 2012-04-21 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    My email says transfers end 2:00 EDT on the 24th. Is that AM or PM?

EDIT: And is anyone else having trouble viewing the transfer page? I just get a blank site when I click the request transfer link.
    It could be due to high traffic?

Yeah i cant wait to get my 2 50s over... 240+ ping on Swiftsure... and on Master Darnala i get like 30... so yeah i can see a big difference...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    It could be due to high traffic?
    Yea, I just kept trying and eventually I got the page to load. Sending my Assassin to Master Dar'nala or whatever it is. Start my own legacy there a family of Purebloods with an outcast Chiss bastard who no one likes because he's better than everyone at everything!