Thread: Patch on 4/19

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Patch on 4/19

Looks like there will be another patch deployed on Thursday. No word on what exactly they are doing, probably something for the free weekend (going by recent history).

Originally Posted by SWTOR

We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, April 19th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.

The servers will be down for four hours on Thursday, April 19th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.
    Maintenance

Date: Thursday, April 19th, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

(Source)

I know theres a bug that prevents you from logging out. I have to exit the game entirely cant go back to character selection screen which is annoying as hell. But that seems like something they would just hotfix.

I am still confused as to why they don't ever post the patch notes till after the servers are back up. I wonder if they fixed unify to chest for head slots.

Makes sense Synthaxx... but I'd rather know ahead of time what they are intending on patching... but then I just always like to know things

10+ Year Old Account
    well let's hope for no rollback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

One could hope that they will fix the title part of the event again, and this time actually fix it.

If this isn't the pvp patch they talked about recently then I expect more pvpers to leave. Atm its a case of the haves and have-nots - if you have a premade team, grats on your war hero gear. If not, good luck being steamrolled by premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    If this isn't the pvp patch they talked about recently then I expect more pvpers to leave. Atm its a case of the haves and have-nots - if you have a premade team, grats on your war hero gear. If not, good luck being steamrolled by premades.
    Noone is "leaving" at least until the 30 free days are up. I bet most of them will say they are, but as long as that free time is there they will be monitoring changes and logging in to check them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they aren't changing the heat signature stacks for BHs!

10+ Year Old Account

So wait, you can do a full premade group? I thought that was part of the PvP patch that was not released. I dont PvP much because pugging half your team is more painful than pugging all of them. But I did notice last night we were getting steam rolled worse than usual.

I've never run in a premade and I don't typically have issues winning games. Also there is nothing stopping you starting a premade if you really think that is your only way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    I've never run in a premade and I don't typically have issues winning games. Also there is nothing stopping you starting a premade if you really think that is your only way to win.
    ^

For the most part I solo queue, but also run with guildies and I have no issues winning either way. Sure sometimes PUG runs get rolled, but so do guild runs, there is a gear gap but guess what, this is an MMO, it will always be part of the game. If you keep at it, you will have the gear eventually as well. If anything , the PVP is better now.

I have a feeling that it will be the next phase of the Rakghoul epidemic thats going on According to in game news it has spread to ALL planets and that a "list" will be out soon.

so along with some other things i think that this will be a next step with the rakghoul thing prolly why they wont say anything bout it with patchnotes

Might be also preparation for X-Realm? :P Just wishing loudly..

Deleted
    What they need is reducing cost of vaccine for low lvls. My lowlvl at lvl 10 got 4000 credits... and vaccine 2000... a bit heavy really
    Or just keep the infections to higher lvls, like 20+

Servers are already back up, if anyone is awake. Only 2 and a half hours, not too bad.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.2.0c Patch Notes
    4/19/2012
    General
    •Corrected an audio issue that could cause a loud, perpetual "jet engine" sound that is most noticeable on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.
    •Corrected a rare issue that could cause players to be unable to access their guild.

Classes and Combat

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary
    •Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

Trooper

Commando
    •Demolition Round: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Gravity Vortex and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

World Event
    •Jeelvic the Jawa will no longer take more DNA samples than intended for purchases.
    •Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.

PvP
    •Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
    •Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I hope they aren't changing the heat signature stacks for BHs!
    Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

You jinxed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

You jinxed it!
    I lol'ed, and for once I am so happy that I won't get blown to bits by 2-3 Mercs in the matter of seconds. ^^