The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Cauldrons in MoP?

Does anyone know if cauldrons will be in MoP? I'm just wondering, because personally they tick me off a bit. Back in the beginning of the xpac before a lot of people had the recipe for it, flask prices were great (I will admit that they were perhaps a bit too high, especially anything with Twilight Jasmine in it), but now that so many guilds have the recipe, flask prices have dropped to nothing and the only way to sell any is to sell them for like 70g, and undercut the crap out of everyone else. The reason being that the primary consumers of flasks were raiding guilds, which quickly got the cauldrons, and from there had to purchase 1/8th ish the number of flasks. I hope that if they do introduce it, it is a smaller decrease in number of flasks, maybe put in 20 and get out 25? Something worth doing, but not profession breaking.
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Deleted
    They would have to change the guild perks.
    Your enemy is not the cauldron, but the botters who farm massive amounts of herbs.

Actually Cauldrons are a great deal on any server where there is pugs you still sell flasks.
    But scribers say hello
    To be more proffitable you can gather your own herbs or look for other markets.
    Potion of illusion, concentration, mana potions, battle stats potions
    Fortune cards/cookies

guild perk chug-a-lug is gone... i cant post links just google it that will help abit guild will need to alteast use double the cauldrons they do now

Deleted
    Or just make having alchemy compulsory in your guild xD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose getting rid of that perk has done essentially the same thing, doubling the number of flasks (almost) required to raid for the same amount of time (kind of), but I feel that it would be better to have them last the same 2 hours, but just cost more, so you don't have to mess with reflasking as much, but I suppose I can be content with this
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyhealz View Post
    Does anyone know if cauldrons will be in MoP? I'm just wondering, because personally they tick me off a bit. Back in the beginning of the xpac before a lot of people had the recipe for it, flask prices were great (I will admit that they were perhaps a bit too high, especially anything with Twilight Jasmine in it), but now that so many guilds have the recipe, flask prices have dropped to nothing and the only way to sell any is to sell them for like 70g, and undercut the crap out of everyone else. The reason being that the primary consumers of flasks were raiding guilds, which quickly got the cauldrons, and from there had to purchase 1/8th ish the number of flasks. I hope that if they do introduce it, it is a smaller decrease in number of flasks, maybe put in 20 and get out 25? Something worth doing, but not profession breaking.
    70g is actually a generous price on my server. The strength flasks sell for like 45-50g most days, spirit flasks (lol seriously blizzard?) are like 25-30g. The only ones that might sell for 70g are int/agi flasks, not guaranteed. It's basically like throwing in a bunch of free herbs with every flask because unless you get INSANE procs from elixir mastery, you are better off making other things with your herbs and volatiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making people need more plants/flasks to do the same amount of raiding will only encourage botting even harder. I can't say I'm a fan of this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Making people need more plants/flasks to do the same amount of raiding will only encourage botting even harder. I can't say I'm a fan of this change.
    I'd have to say this could be the case in point. Not only for the botters selling but botters for guilds to get their own. If you really want to make money off of alchemy like I did potions and flasks are always selling since most people will use 1 (2 if they prepot) per fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Farms will solve this issue hopefully. Just don't introduce MoP versions of cauldrons/feasts, so consumeables would become pure individual reponsibility. Not hard to get 3-4 flasks and stack of your food for 1 raid night. Way harder when someone needs to get 14-21 flasks and 12 stacks of pain-in-arse to farm fish for 1 night, while most of other should-be-contributors are slacking.

There will more than likely be a new recipe for the new flasks, or they could just change the current recipe to fit the new one

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyhealz View Post
    See, the way I remember it, flask prices were great for a couple weeks, then raiding guilds started making thousands of flasks specifically to try and unlock the cauldron recipe, which my guild also did, and then flask prices tanked when we tried to make back some of the investment.
    ಠ_ಠ

The price reduction of flasks is the reason I went to Potion Mastery. Potion of the Tol'vir sells VERY well!
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail